engine wash

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
From what I read from KC2's Thread, he is only using Optimum Clean to clean the engine and not spraying any water into the engine bay. It is really clean, and result is great...:)
i think it depends on the car engine...engine now days almost certainly have plastic cover over the head assembly...in some luxury car you cant even see the engine at all...almost the entire engine bay have been cover with plastic...plastic surfaces is easier to clean compared to metal surfaces...if plastic IMHO you can get away with cleaning by using a simple detergent and wipe the dirt away...older engine like mine usually bare metal...without water+detergent+hard scrubbing ...i doubt that i wont be able to clean it at all...regardless how powerful the detergent is...

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
engine nowadays really can water spray juz like that coz it's covered, the indon worker at my working place aso did the same~

whereas at car wash center they use some sort of liquid which i dunno what exactly it is & they spray it on the engine & used the compress air to blow away the dirt and well then the engine is shinning lol:driver:

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
U need to find the careful car wash team .. usually, the engine wash guys will cover the ignition & alternator with plastic bag.. then wash with degreaser soap.. engine will be sparkling clean & smooth to drive.. :driver:

There is 1 place in J.b, taman kebun teh, next to esso kiosk.
But, now need to find a reliable one in K.L.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
Wah...if open a pro engine wash shop oso nt bad...

clockwork

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
JB~SIN
U need to find the careful car wash team .. usually, the engine wash guys will cover the ignition & alternator with plastic bag.. then wash with degreaser soap.. engine will be sparkling clean & smooth to drive.. :driver:

There is 1 place in J.b, taman kebun teh, next to esso kiosk.
But, now need to find a reliable one in K.L.
next to esso or share place with esso bro?

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
next to esso or share place with esso bro?
The car wash is next to ESSO.. a small down slope.. ( not the esso along the main rd ) There is a proton service centre also. I 've been washing my engine or introducing my friends, there for more 10yrs..

Now shifted to k.L .. looking for another reliable shop.

only once they spoil my alternator, bcos that particular worker said no need to cover electrical items.

So hard lesson learned, always insist on covering the electrical parts ; Alternator, ignition unit.

clockwork

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
JB~SIN
so right now can't get a good 1 in jb town yet.......Surrounding New York hotel so call car wash street can forget about it all just want to earn fast moneyfrom Sin cars....can just wash 3 wheel left another 1 say sorry forget.....

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang

Don't waste time near New York hotel ...

try this shop .. u won't regret. Good workmanship...

In J.B ..Taman kebun Teh, From the fire station, the road will lead to ESSO kiosk.. the car wash is just next to it..

Last edited:

rhonot

Aug 9, 2011
Kedah
My experience
wash engine rm10.
nepal man look so expert..
he wrap the electronic/fuse box with large blue plastik.then spray the chemical at dirty area..then he wrap the airfilter nose and waterjet all the engine bay..overall about 70 percent clean than before..
pay rm10 and drive home so happy..
than after a month...
in the middle of highway my car not respon to pedal..rpm so gila show 1k - 4k..after 10 second check engine icon pop on...press hazard light and drove out road. 1st debug suspect plug.change new 4 plug symptom still happen.took out air filter cover then saw my redline dropin filter not in tight position. open the throttle body intake then saw that blue plastic wrapped butterflies in t/body.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Just DIY

All you need is :
1. Degreaser / multipurpose cleaner
2. Car shampoo
3. Sponge/cloth
4. Tooth brush

My method :

1. Do it in the morning when engine still cool
2. Wash with soap first using sponge, dont spray water yet. Avoid alternator, rocker cover, fuis/electrical box.
3. Lightly rinse with water, just use very low pressure..Avoid alternator, rocker cover, fuis/electrical box.
4. Start spraying degreaser on oily areas......brush with toothbrush for thick oil gunk
5. Spray summore degreaser and let it settle...
6. Rinse out again (same as no3.)
7. Wipe with cloth & leave engine to dry for a while
8. Start engine.....leave on for a while to dry out engine completely...

Done...time to take approx 1 hour

jason4883

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Selangor
Dare not let the car wash fella wash the engine bay seriously... Saw it with my own eye... Apparently this guy came to full car wash... Wash outside, open bonnet, the bangla spray till stim stim... Really nice n clean the engine bay...After that, car cannot start d... The customer also bengang...have to push the car.

For me, I will DIY to clean the engine bay once in 6 months... Good exercise for us too.

What I need are :
1. Car shampoo
2. WD40
3. 50 or 100ml of minyak tanah
4. Sponge / cloth
5. toothbrush

Procedures :
1. Spray oil gunk accumulated area with WD40 and brush with toothbrush.
2. Then use cloth together with minyak tanah, wipe the oil gunk area.
3. Repeat step 1 & 2 till clean.
4. Spray water (small n slow one, avoid alternator, rocker cover, fuis/electrical box)
5. Wash with car shampoo.
6. Spray water again to remove all shampoo.
7. Wipe the wet area with cloth
8. Then only on engine and let it run for 5-10 minutes.

Total time about 1 to 1.5 hours.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to share some pictures of some Extreme Engine Mods....
All from Tom Yam Land....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience