engine wash

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
depends on wat car u using? if perodua or proton just go the rm10 car wash enuf, add rm10 to wash engine.

if high end car, better go to those professional ones.

for me, i never wash my engine, cos scared will screw up my electrical wiring, just wipe it once in a while, but very time consuming.

clockwork

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
JB~SIN
wow so serious ha kena water only sensor kong...how about others parts like HID converter, BOV,open pod air filter?

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
tats y lo....my whole engine bay very dirty cos mud.oso thinking of wiping sendiri but any willing to pay any pro shop to wipe?hehe..

clockwork

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
JB~SIN
wipe also can't really clear away the dirt or oil stain.....i saw they cover some important parts with plastic n they start the engine when washing.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i wouldnt recommend it. once i went to a "professional" shop, but in the end the foreign workers were the one who splashed water all over my engine. next morning, my car idled like a subaru, firing on 3 spark plugs only, or maybe 2, why? water sipped through and enter the plug cable lubang. lucky there was nothing more than that

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
engine bonnet no need to open front of bangla washer...they know nothing about engine or wiring just know spray water and soap to it...anything happen,then say tak tahu....finally who will in problem?just wipe by dry clothes,or use clothes with some soap water wipe ok..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u wanna wash can...but alot of stuffs u must wrap 1st la....DIY, dun let the bangla do it.
water seeps into the spark plug is normal, but its abnormal for 6a12tt cos must take out the intercooler pipings to get to the front spark plugs.....if the rear lagi cialat. very leceh wan.

so id rather not wash it at all....just wipe it down when u have free time.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
here what i did before...i DIY because the lack of confident sending my car to the car wash to do it...

1. remove air box and close the throttle body opening with plastic
2. cover engine bay fuse box & diagnostic socket using plastic
3. cover the sensor & electrical connector using aluminum foil.
4. disconnect battery terminal (just to be safe)
5. wash away (method will varies depends on equipments,what and where you want to wash)
6. air dry (if have air compressor even better...can blast with air for immediate drying)
7. remove all the plastic and aluminum cover and put all the thing back together...
8. reattach the battery...

start the car...if everything is ok it will run like normal...

all and all...i took me a whole day to do it...a good weekend project...

ps:// i find that dirt and grime are easier to clean when the engine is warm to touch.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
From what I read from KC2's Thread, he is only using Optimum Clean to clean the engine and not spraying any water into the engine bay. It is really clean, and result is great...:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Does anyone know the URL for the 'Promote' bodykits? I've searched google, but all of the links point to the 'old' zerotohundred forums...

Thanks,

/joon
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience