engine shaking

Veloc

3,000 RPM

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Thank you for explanation, xtremeleo :smile: Actually the Perdana and the Sentra are not the problem, these 2 cars don't rattle (the Perdana especially) even if their rpms drop to pretty low levels. My other two cars at home, a 1985 Toyota Corona with a 20v BT and a 1989 Honda Accord CA5 start to rattle when their engine rpms drop to less than 800. The Corona was like that even with the stock 4A carburetor engine. That made me wonder about the seemingly significant difference. At first I thought that it was due to engine age, ie. newer engine models are designed to be more rattle resistant, but the 20v BT is the same age as the GA16DE if not newer, no? The Perdana car design and engine is not new either. Got me thinking.. :hmmmm: But thank you for your explanation anyway.. :biggrin:
Not rattle resistant. Actually every engines differs in their stability at low speed based on balancing, fittings, and construction materials. V6s are generally well balanced and smooth, hence being extra stable even at low speed.

About the vibration, your cars interior i.e dashboard, steering, switchgears are made from plastic, rubber, leather etc. Each of these are composed of particles (atoms or molecules) that have vibrational energy but you just do not feel it. Different materials have different particle vibration rate. Your engine that is running also generates vibration.

When you do not feel the rattling, this is when your engine's vibration is not in sync with the material's vibration. Meaning their vibration weakens or even cancle out each other. This is called destructive interference. Hence you feel smooth.

When you feel the stuff rattling, this is when your engines vibration is in sync with the material's vibration. The vibrational energy of your interior materials and of your engine builds one another up. thus vibrating the car more.

VectorX2

Known Member

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i went back to the workshop which did the cam degreeing for me... the mech says its normal that the engines vibrates that way... is it really that way? and sum how i seen some other cars that had their exhaust modified coming out the same 'white smoke'...

tks

500 RPM

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
good point Mr. xtremeleo. Siemens controlled wira came in today like an osim massage chair. no CEL but when plugged in diagnostics, >10 codes came out :banghead: reset & cleaned up all the sensors and sent mr customer on his merry way...

as for you VectorX2...i think u need to find another workshop...unless your definitions have gotten lost in translation... :biggrin: Post a video! lets all see...

Last edited:

VectorX2

Known Member

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sorry for the late replies guys...

but somehow the problem... like went away... after i switch from ron 97 to ron 95... the engine even got quieter after using ron 95... isn't suppose using ron 97 makes the engine run smoother than ron 95? i even get better fc... :confused:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dat was perculiar in the most perculiar manner vector-san, but iam glad to know ur problem is solved, even by just using a lower grade fuel. iam gonna dream of ur car tonite, lol