engine oil...

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
hi all...

well i have this question... what is the difference between fully-synthetic engine oil and semi-synthetic engine oil and aso the normal ones ( i don't know what they cal this )... and which one is more suitable for my 8 yrs old 4G92P ride? ( mileage: 126148km )

Last edited:

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
for my opinion, old engine more suitable for semi-syn, coz some old engine will 'makan' engine oil. if your engine condition still good then should be alright. and i also experience that, old engine which using fully syn + long journey = the engine oil level will decrease a bit when u check the next day. coz too thick. correct me if im wrong...

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
the oil should be too thin...if hi-speed n long distance less a bit count as normal..if just town driving also less a lot then used lower grade...like fully to semi then mineral...coz the oil become more thicker

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
thanks...

thanks guys.... appreciatte the replies...
so now i know which kind of oil to go for... shall i go for a branded oil like Cosmic Oil, elf etc etc or jus go for the normal ones like Shell helix... any brand you guys recommend and i would appreciatte if you tell me your experience with the brand too...

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
nicteh said:
for my opinion, old engine more suitable for semi-syn, coz some old engine will 'makan' engine oil. if your engine condition still good then should be alright. and i also experience that, old engine which using fully syn + long journey = the engine oil level will decrease a bit when u check the next day. coz too thick. correct me if im wrong...
I think my engine is still in a tip-top condition, no overhaul record, seldom high rev it ( the most is 3500 rpm ), average tarvelling distance if 50KM/day at a average of 80KM/h, never experience a oil level decresed... Which 1 shall i go??? Fully synthetic?

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
is depends what car you drive and engine u have. I try mobil 1, castrol, bio-ray, idemitsu and others. so far castrol magnetec okay for me. but a lot of fake engine oil out there...be careful. if u want something special can try performance 1 like motul, and many racing engine oil sell out there...

u have check the vicosity of the engine oil. the less vicos the power u get. let say example: if your car using 20W u will feel less power but engine oil level maintain very well. if u using 10W or 5W the acceleration better, coz the oil too nipis.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
nicteh said:
is depends what car you drive and engine u have. I try mobil 1, castrol, bio-ray, idemitsu and others. so far castrol magnetec okay for me. but a lot of fake engine oil out there...be careful. if u want something special can try performance 1 like motul, and many racing engine oil sell out there...

u have check the vicosity of the engine oil. the less vicos the power u get. let say example: if your car using 20W u will feel less power but engine oil level maintain very well. if u using 10W or 5W the acceleration better, coz the oil too nipis.
thinner oil is better for acceleration but what's the effect to the engine? i mean temperature wise, and will it compromise protection within the block? is this enough to protect the piston and the block from scratching each other...

thanks for the guide there too nicteh...

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
craziechild said:
thinner oil is better for acceleration but what's the effect to the engine? i mean temperature wise, and will it compromise protection within the block? is this enough to protect the piston and the block from scratching each other...

thanks for the guide there too nicteh...
it doesnt have any effect to harm for your engine. your car will will better acce for thinner oil. example like some of the ppl use 20W,coz maybe their car too old, and the engine condition not that good and makan minyak. coz if the engine oil thick, it will stick longer at the piston.

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
cay6379 said:
what about oil treatment?izt neccessary?
so far, i didnt used any oil treament.my opinion is not necessasary. depends on individual. no harm to try what.. ;p

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
nicteh said:
it doesnt have any effect to harm for your engine. your car will will better acce for thinner oil. example like some of the ppl use 20W,coz maybe their car too old, and the engine condition not that good and makan minyak. coz if the engine oil thick, it will stick longer at the piston.
oh... ok ok.. now i know bout the vicos thingy.. wut bout the number behind?? like 20W-50... what does the 50 means? sorry so many questions, i am new to this things...

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
engine oil treatment act like vitamin,but i c the the video of bardahl b4,got 2 car start from kl to kayu hitam,1 use the oil treatment warm engine 30 minute n put it out,another just enine oil put it out then both start the journey,after 300km++ ,the car which put bardahl still working fine n another 1 oledi engine condemn oledi

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
as long as you choose the correct grade for your engine oil and maintain every service interval then it should be allright..theres no such best engine oil out there... Its just a marketing game..

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
have u change ur engine oil ?? There is a new formula of engine oil named TOHO Extreme that can last for 100,000km at a single change,are u interested? Its proven,Its alot of advantages n benefits using this engine oil n Its kind of too hard to be true but i think is best for u to check out the website first....u can get back to me if ur interested...thank you

http://www.tenma-toho.com

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

Since my Lancer Engine swap I feel I should do a brake upgrade.

I am lucky that my lancer already has fairly good brakes, with rear disks but I now have about 60% more BHP.

On the back I think I can just put upgraded brake pads but I would like to go bigger on the front.

Current standard set up is 276 MM vented as per here:

I am running 16 inch wheels (which I would like to keep)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience