Engine Management Conversion for Dummies

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
Hi, need some help here, i know nuts about Engine Management...

My car currently running on dual barrel carburators, I would like to convert to Fuel Injection.

I have already purchased the 4-throttle body kit, linkages, air filter, fuel rails.

Originally the engine uses a Mallory distributor and CDI ignition.

I would like to buy a standalone ECU, something like Haltech, Motec, Microtech etc...

I dont need anything highend, something basic that controls the fuel/throttle and ignition would suffice.

For the ignition, i plan to remove the distributor and use a crank position sensor. I have the crank pulley machined for this purpose....

Any ECU is recommended?

i dont really know much about these electronics so any help comment would much be appreaciated.

i already have

1. throttle bodies kit, linkage, filter, injectors fitted with TPS
2. Crank position sensor and trigger wheel
3. what other sensor do i need?

Last edited:

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
thanks, cipan, i was actualy reading it, seems to me like the way to go....

forgot to add that I also have the Coil pack made by Valeo taken from a Citroen car.

so i guess i basically have all the hardware covered

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifu......

Need help here. Currently having problem with my throttle body for 4G13 engine (Proton Wira fuel injection).
REV up & down non stop (air-cond off).
REV normal when air-cond on but will be REV up & down once air-cond temp automatically cut off.
Workshop checked with the reading system said that there is 0 step. Must change new throttle body. Inside gears already replaced last year.
If, look for new throttle body. Can I use 1600cc or 1800cc throttle body from proton as...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience