emanage tuning and installation

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
Make sure it's installed by someone whom really know what he's doing...
i met some foremen they say can install additional injector on the intercooler piping that connects to throttle body which means slightly before the throttle body he drill/open a hole and put in the injector holder..

is this way functionable?

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

the pipe( stainless steel) between trottle and intercooler.
oh ok thanx for the clarify but is there any other place can be done beside the pipe?

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
lets clarify this, injector harness and sub-injector harness is 2 diff things.
if u use injector harness u only use back ur current injector and can modify the injector opening.
if u use sub-injector harness then it can control 2 xtra injector which u can put usually before the TB.

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
if u use injector harness u only use back ur current injector and can modify the injector opening.
if u use sub-injector harness then it can control 2 xtra injector which u can put usually before the TB.
woot you are confusing me bro...
means that injector harness can only control the current injector?
so if I want to add extra injector I need another injector harness which means 2 injector harness is needed in this case?

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
like this la bro..
injector harness have 4 wire with connect to ur current injector.. plus 1 ground wire of coz la..

sub-injector is additional injector additional injector IF u wanna to add to ur engine. which use another set set of wiring and injectors.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB

wen u buy injector harness, is come wif support 6 injector and 2 sub injector. 1 package of injector harness is come wif instruction book n 10 or 11 wire oni. the wire need plug into main harness.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

i met some foremen they say can install additional injector on the intercooler piping that connects to throttle body which means slightly before the throttle body he drill/open a hole and put in the injector holder..

is this way functionable?

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

oh ok thanx for the clarify but is there any other place can be done beside the pipe?
that place is rite 1 lah. if u c evo 7 n above no ppl wan play like this ord. but in 90` era, this type of modification is common. especially vr4, evo 123.

the main purpose of add 2 sub injector is, u now current injector are standard or low cc. of course standard injector fuel output cannot support high boost fuel output requirement. thats y add 1 or 2 sub injector can add around 20-30% more fuel. like that u ll enjoy boosting without worry ur piston melt.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
wen u buy injector harness, is come wif support 6 injector and 2 sub injector. 1 package of injector harness is come wif instruction book n 10 or 11 wire oni. the wire need plug into main harness.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

that place is rite 1 lah. if u c evo 7 n above no ppl wan play like this ord. but in 90` era, this type of modification is common. especially vr4, evo 123.

the main purpose of add 2 sub injector is, u now current injector are standard or low cc. of course standard injector fuel output cannot support high boost fuel output requirement. thats y add 1 or 2 sub injector can add around 20-30% more fuel. like that u ll enjoy boosting without worry ur piston melt.
something just came into my mind... By all means, most OBD2 ECU will try to overcome the emanage setting and goes back to original setting.

For those OBD 2, what if we don't connect it to the main injector wire and just control the sub injectors via tps n rpm... Don't know if It an help...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site

dude i understand the purpose of adding the injector. right now im running on 390cc GSR injector. if i upgrade mine to 510cc which is the evo injector will it be sufficient enough?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

something just came into my mind... By all means, most OBD2 ECU will try to overcome the emanage setting and goes back to original setting.

For those OBD 2, what if we don't connect it to the main injector wire and just control the sub injectors via tps n rpm... Don't know if It an help...
btw mind to enlighten me what is OBD2 ECU? Sorry for the noobness!

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
if u use GSR injector with ori GSR turbo sure ok! coz factory ord test. emange oni suit for 90` era car. car like fd2 or lancer GT or vios cannot use ord.

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
dude i understand the purpose of adding the injector. right now im running on 390cc GSR injector. if i upgrade mine to 510cc which is the evo injector will it be sufficient enough?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

emanage can control 150% larger injector size than ur original injector, which if u change injector u need to input the injector factor compensation box.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
[/COLOR]

Haha... No noob in automotive... It's either u know it now or later...
510cc..? Good for ur set up all the way to 1.8 bars... So, how much u planning to boost..?

And OBD is On board diagnosis. The OBD 2 ECU will have the intelligent to learn about ur A/F and if piggyback(some, not all) installed, the ECU will tends to overwrite the auxillary mapping of the piggy. Example, Airtrek, EVO 789. So, owner will need to unplug the battery to reset the ECU once a while to reset it back to 0 where no overwriting by the ECU was done.

emanage can control 150% larger injector size than ur original injector, which if u change injector u need to input the injector factor compensation box.
but still, it will suffer from the low end rich. Cause the same signal is going to be sent to the injectors. And per duty cycle, the fuel injection for 510cc and 390cc is definitely not same... And E-manage is only able to up/down 20% of the original ECU mapping.

Which is why, i opt for remapping my ECU in order to have full control of my injectors.

if i dont change to a bigger size injector and use back my 390cc injector can i push the injector to the max?
It's not recommended. cause if your injectors are running on 100% duty cycle, there are possibility that the injector can get over heated and stall the engine...

It happens to one of my friend with VTEC Turbo with stock injector... The car stall in every 25mins full boost. Then he reduce boost and currently injectors running 80% duty cycle and everything is fine.

And another risk is... What if the boost spikes for no reason... And ur injector is already running 100%. And, there is no allowance to increase fuel injection...

contreasjun27

9,000 RPM
Oct 21, 2004
subang
Visit site
[/COLOR]

Haha... No noob in automotive... It's either u know it now or later...
510cc..? Good for ur set up all the way to 1.8 bars... So, how much u planning to boost..?

And OBD is On board diagnosis. The OBD 2 ECU will have the intelligent to learn about ur A/F and if piggyback(some, not all) installed, the ECU will tends to overwrite the auxillary mapping of the piggy. Example, Airtrek, EVO 789. So, owner will need to unplug the battery to reset the ECU once a while to reset it back to 0 where no overwriting by the ECU was done.

but still, it will suffer from the low end rich. Cause the same signal is going to be sent to the injectors. And per duty cycle, the fuel injection for 510cc and 390cc is definitely not same... And E-manage is only able to up/down 20% of the original ECU mapping.

Which is why, i opt for remapping my ECU in order to have full control of my injectors.

It's not recommended. cause if your injectors are running on 100% duty cycle, there are possibility that the injector can get over heated and stall the engine...

It happens to one of my friend with VTEC Turbo with stock injector... The car stall in every 25mins full boost. Then he reduce boost and currently injectors running 80% duty cycle and everything is fine.

And another risk is... What if the boost spikes for no reason... And ur injector is already running 100%. And, there is no allowance to increase fuel injection...
thanx man you are my savior!!!
so means that upgrading the injectors is the best way right?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
less hassle... I think it's better to go for 450cc is you're boosting 1.5 bar like that. Don't need to go for 510cc. cause u'll suffer at the low end..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys need input....change my gti stock damper n spring with hot bit wan, need input any ideas wats d best spring rate n optimum set up for gti ? currently my car fr 50kg behind 30kg...dunno how to calculate d rate la :biggrin:... behind got 2 12 inch woofer. the thing is d car corner cun wan... stick la -potenza RE 711- err over slightly low speed. but i think can get better la, both spring n damper very firm...haiyo not much comfort la i tell u...but the thing is at higway cruising like...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience