Elantra Sport

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Passat Highline has exactly the same drive terrain as Golf GTi and priced considerably lower. Any comments about this ride? Seems pretty luxury d-segment with lots of features and drives fast too.
Come VW Selayang. Im working there as marketing. If u want, get the 2.0, its really so much better than the ol Camry/accord/mazda6. Also got the chance to whack it at SIC at full throttle on corners. On standstill u can wheelspin abit on second gear.

Also its a bargain now with no SST(ya they extended it).

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Come VW Selayang. Im working there as marketing. If u want, get the 2.0, its really so much better than the ol Camry/accord/mazda6. Also got the chance to whack it at SIC at full throttle on corners. On standstill u can wheelspin abit on second gear.

It's over-budget for me at this point. Unless I wait till mid next year but like you said, the no-SST offer ends in November.

Do you mean to say you can take-off on second gear from standstill?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It's over-budget for me at this point. Unless I wait till mid next year but like you said, the no-SST offer ends in November.

Do you mean to say you can take-off on second gear from standstill?
First gear they shift early to prevent wheelspin probably. But second gear they let it be. Then all the electronics kick in.
350nm is fun. Now the discounts are crazy from VW.

Reactions: stutzedward

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Passat Highline has exactly the same drive terrain as Golf GTi and priced considerably lower. Any comments about this ride? Seems pretty luxury d-segment with lots of features and drives fast too.
It's basically a Passat GTi. But the price is way above your budget. Other than the Golf GTi its the only other VW with a wet 6 speed transmission. And they are the only 2 I would ever consider buying. The rest are all on dry 7 speed if i am not mistaken.

Passat is comfortable. I'd rank its interior above all the Japanese marques. Classy and clean, more like BMW than Mercedes in that utilitarian sense.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It's basically a Passat GTi. But the price is way above your budget. Other than the Golf GTi its the only other VW with a wet 6 speed transmission. And they are the only 2 I would ever consider buying. The rest are all on dry 7 speed if i am not mistaken.

Passat is comfortable. I'd rank its interior above all the Japanese marques. Classy and clean, more like BMW than Mercedes in that utilitarian sense.
Yeah, i'm really impressed with it. But maintenance side they are also above the Japanese marques. VW chassis feels super rigid too even just the Vento.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yeah, i'm really impressed with it. But maintenance side they are also above the Japanese marques. VW chassis feels super rigid too even just the Vento.
VW is "cheap" to buy in Malaysia because ... and numerous reason (psst the DSG 7 dry is crap, they don't sell ANY VW car in USA with the DSG 7 dry, ask yourself why, in the USA they can be sued to death).

But VW is not a cheap car, it is, at the end of the day, a continental. Many parts are made in Germany, Mexico, versus Japanese makes with spare parts from Thailand and Japan.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL

Yes! I saw the review and I am impressed. Though they have crazy discounts now. I can't really pull the trigger due to kids' college/uni cost next year. I have to pass it now. :(

However it's a good thing thru this topic, I get to learn a lot... and maybe I should hold horses now and just wait for next year.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
VW is "cheap" to buy in Malaysia because ... and numerous reason (psst the DSG 7 dry is crap, they don't sell ANY VW car in USA with the DSG 7 dry, ask yourself why, in the USA they can be sued to death).

But VW is not a cheap car, it is, at the end of the day, a continental. Many parts are made in Germany, Mexico, versus Japanese makes with spare parts from Thailand and Japan.
Urghhh.... ouch. :(

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Gahahahaha Wisma VW. But hey, they are lesser of a problem now. The engine i think no problem. DSG some are still. And yes, but assembled by Hicom tho ahahaha

Oct 8, 2018
Good to see such useful post.well done.

HuiChen

Oct 8, 2018

you sellin VW cars?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Bro, can come and test drive? Just wanna bring my finance minister along to 'influence' her... hahaha... but then, I will not buy now, worry you won't entertain non potential customers... at least not for this year!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Bro, can come and test drive? Just wanna bring my finance minister along to 'influence' her... hahaha... but then, I will not buy now, worry you won't entertain non potential customers... at least not for this year!
Some SA got a target for test drive as well.. but I feel many SA very lansi these days.