Elantra Sport

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
true... but I still want at least 200hp & of course, the more torque the better.. hehehe... soooo greedy!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Depends on luck and usage, some fail and some don't. I heard a little birdie mentioned the FS and mineral oil thing is just news....lol
What i heard is the mechatronic thats the culprit so using minyak lintah or minyak dagu oso wont help.

However i personally know a dry clutch DSG user whom have racked more than 100k km without problem. Mostly highway so there is not much 'work' by the mechatronics.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Wah....in malay we call this 'nafsu serakah' or 'nafsu kuda'....hahah.
Modern diesel just need minor pursuasion to break 200hp.
yah bro, I know a diesel pickup can easily hit that point these days and over 400Nm of torque. However, I am not ready yet for such platform. I wanted sedans or hatches. Well with my puny budget, there's not much choices.

I will test the Elantra Sports for sure... OR I will just wait another 5-6 years when my kids finish their degree and get another 'proper' ride more budget. By then I guess there will be a lot more new options too.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
What i heard is the mechatronic thats the culprit so using minyak lintah or minyak dagu oso wont help.

However i personally know a dry clutch DSG user whom have racked more than 100k km without problem. Mostly highway so there is not much 'work' by the mechatronics.
My colleague that owns both a Passat and a Polo has hit over 200K alredy since his cars are over 5 years now. But like the other bro said, the problem is still there and it all depends on luck too. Else people won't boycott in front of their HQ with banners....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Correct me if i am wrong but I think most senior zth member did discuss and agree at one time in another thread that as our age increases, hp figure is no loner the priority anymore...its torque that matter.
Wrong, I still want more HP and torque! Kinda bored with comfort already now, maybe second puberty hits! :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wrong, I still want more HP and torque! Kinda bored with comfort already now, maybe second puberty hits! :biggrin:
I doubt anyone complained that a vehicle had too much HP and torque, ever. But sadly prices in Malaysia is just zzz. Look at the price of the Toyota GT86 and the Kia Stinger. All stupid pricing.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
Frankly speaking the car is not worth buying because it’s already obsolete. Replaced by all the Hyundai N cars. It’s effectively last generation.

For your budget of RM110k and brand new, something fun to drive, the Mazda 2 would probably be the best choice. Followed by Ford Fiesta. If you are brave can ask and see if they have clearance pre-reg Peugeot 208 GTi at your asking price. Honestly I’d rather take the M2.
i vote for 208 gti stick shift.. saw it sells cheap.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I doubt anyone complained that a vehicle had too much HP and torque, ever. But sadly prices in Malaysia is just zzz. Look at the price of the Toyota GT86 and the Kia Stinger. All stupid pricing.
nowadays 2nd or recon price is not so bad though for the 86/BRZ.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
At that kinda asking price I would look at the used Golf GTi... sit inside, feel how solid the door closes, and forget about the 86/BRZ.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
FT86 is a 'fun' car. Do not expect turbo g-force. So if you're really into torque and power, this is not the car for you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this..but out of curiosity as the titles goes..:adore:

Am currently using a 2.3 inch diametre piping from the extractor straight out towards the muffler with no bullet..and have been using this setup for the past 2 years..but i noticed there's a slight decline in throttle response compared to a 2 inch piping setup that i used to have earlier...

Is it normal?..or is my current diameter is too big?..some of my colleague with similar...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience