Elantra Sport

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If want new car with >200hp and under 8 secs ZTH within just that rm100-120k budget, then no other choices lor!
Just wonder if the car is also boring... u know, no character just like HRV.

Must test drive before I make any decision :)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
What if i do it this way;

High performance fragile engine petrol car...check
Moderate performance frugal but boring 4x4 wannabe..check

What u need is a diesel 4x4. Diesel engine is much2 more robust than petrol. Its very powerful esp the modern diesel yet much more fuel efficient than petrol engine. Its FUN as u need to remember that u are driving a 2 ton vehicle with power it should never have considering its purpose. In my book, modern diesel 4x4 or pickup are just too powerful which is never a bad thing.

I wouldnt worry much when buying 2nd hand diesel 4x4 or pickup unless it has went thru serious offroading. Ford Ranger is nice but parts are not easily obtain.

If u still think these 4x4 or pickup boring, imagine yourself driving a pickup with a motocross strapped at the bed and heading to the dirt track. U can enjoy mild offroading then fly on the dirt track using your bike.

Still not confident enough...imagine when u are stuck in jam...i know well enough i want to be stuck in jam in my diesel 4x4 or pickup than my BLM.FC is much2 better.

Myself never understand diesel 4x4 or pickup truck before. But when my dad acquire an old Pajero (petrol) i fell in love. I am deeper in love when i borrowed my friend single cab hilux to move furniture to my new home. Modern diesel is amazing.

Pls consider this...go for a test drive at least as i am putting my work on hold writing this in order to convince u...hahahah
This is very good sharing... hmm... can consider too as 4X4 are priced reasonably. Thanks bro...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just wonder if the car is also boring... u know, no character just like HRV.

Must test drive before I make any decision :)
I think no new car within that budget range are not boring to be honest! If the new Swift Sport ZC33S manual is available here then that would be a fun car to drive but unfortunately not available here, at least for now. :(

Reactions: stutzedward

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I watched some review in YT. It has straight line performance but when it comes to driving dynamics, it looses out to Civic Turbo. It's too comfortable and quiet, just like a big luxury sedan. That's what the comments is. You know, comfort and spirited driving don't go along.
Frankly speaking the car is not worth buying because it’s already obsolete. Replaced by all the Hyundai N cars. It’s effectively last generation.

For your budget of RM110k and brand new, something fun to drive, the Mazda 2 would probably be the best choice. Followed by Ford Fiesta. If you are brave can ask and see if they have clearance pre-reg Peugeot 208 GTi at your asking price. Honestly I’d rather take the M2.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Frankly speaking the car is not worth buying because it’s already obsolete. Replaced by all the Hyundai N cars. It’s effectively last generation.

For your budget of RM110k and brand new, something fun to drive, the Mazda 2 would probably be the best choice. Followed by Ford Fiesta. If you are brave can ask and see if they have clearance pre-reg Peugeot 208 GTi at your asking price. Honestly I’d rather take the M2.
Peugeot is out. Not my preference. Need to check Mazda 2. I want a bit of grunt in terms of performance. But thanks for the suggestion.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I think Hyundai is coming out with a hatchback version with same engine. If that’s true, it is a potential candidate.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Peugeot is out. Not my preference. Need to check Mazda 2. I want a bit of grunt in terms of performance. But thanks for the suggestion.
With only 114hp/148nm, surely would not have much grunt especially compared to the Hyundai. Wonder what's all the hype about the Skyactive technology, maybe more for fuel efficiency instead of power...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
With only 114hp/148nm, surely would not have much grunt especially compared to the Hyundai. Wonder what's all the hype about the Skyactive technology, maybe more for fuel efficiency instead of power...
My bro who previously owned both CX-5 (with Skyactive) and Accord 2.0 (2012), said that CX-5 overall performs better than Accord for both FC and pickup/performance. So I guess it's much better but not par with enthusiast performance expectations.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hahaha, I wouldn't buy Peugeot either, but its got the grunt you want.
HONESTLY, at your price point, brand new, not much choices bro. I actually like the diesel pickup idea, but boy those ladder frames are back breakers.

But the depreciation hit on Korean cars are seriously painful. The Mazda 2 doesn't have grunt, but for the package its pretty responsive, make sure you get the hatch version. Also that 6AT is one of the best in business for FWD applications. Of course for torque converter based tranny, the ZF 8 speed is king.

But its more fun driving a slow car fast, than a fast car slow. I think I get more shit and giggles in my turbo boat, now my car just make me shit myself.

I think Hyundai is coming out with a hatchback version with same engine. If that’s true, it is a potential candidate.
You mean the Hyundai i30 N? I doubt its coming here. Even if it is, the price is gonna be ridiculous (LOL Kia Stinger)
https://www.hyundai.com/worldwide/en/brand-story/n/n-cars/i30n

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Hahaha, I wouldn't buy Peugeot either, but its got the grunt you want.
HONESTLY, at your price point, brand new, not much choices bro. I actually like the diesel pickup idea, but boy those ladder frames are back breakers.

But the depreciation hit on Korean cars are seriously painful. The Mazda 2 doesn't have grunt, but for the package its pretty responsive, make sure you get the hatch version. Also that 6AT is one of the best in business for FWD applications. Of course for torque converter based tranny, the ZF 8 speed is king.

But its more fun driving a slow car fast, than a fast car slow. I think I get more shit and giggles in my turbo boat, now my car just make me shit myself.

You mean the Hyundai i30 N? I doubt its coming here. Even if it is, the price is gonna be ridiculous (LOL Kia Stinger)
https://www.hyundai.com/worldwide/en/brand-story/n/n-cars/i30n
I already have an acceptable performance car, the RX-8. I have full exhaust + stage 2 remap. The crazy idea of getting another 'fun' car comes in because I need to get a 3rd car, so I was thinking why not another fun one. If there's not much choices, I may just stay low with a Myvi.

I check out the Golf TSi, the current R-Line is priced 174K. That's pretty steep for a 1.4L 150hp car. Hmm...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This is very good sharing... hmm... can consider too as 4X4 are priced reasonably. Thanks bro...
I got a friend looking to sell his barely 2 year old Nissan Navara. It's parked at home most of the time as he now has a company car and sitll has warranty. 65-67k last I heard. Independent suspension and possibly the most comfortable amongst the off-roaders. Not a slouch since it's a 2.5L diesel and quite economical in terms of FC because diesel. I'd buy it off him if I had the cash.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I already have an acceptable performance car, the RX-8. I have full exhaust + stage 2 remap. The crazy idea of getting another 'fun' car comes in because I need to get a 3rd car, so I was thinking why not another fun one. If there's not much choices, I may just stay low with a Myvi.

I check out the Golf TSi, the current R-Line is priced 174K. That's pretty steep for a 1.4L 150hp car. Hmm...
I would avoid anything from VW with the dry DSG 7 speed. It's similar to contracting AIDS. You won't die immediately, but you know eventually its going to kill you because there's no cure.

Myvi 1.5L is fun enough. But try the Mazda 2. The fit and finish, the chassis, engine and tranny is a very nice combo. I'm unsure what's your definition of "fun". Cause a nimble car with limited grunt, but extremely tossable can be fun in some people's books.

I got a friend looking to sell his barely 2 year old Nissan Navara. It's parked at home most of the time as he now has a company car and sitll has warranty. 65-67k last I heard. Independent suspension and possibly the most comfortable amongst the off-roaders. Not a slouch since it's a 2.5L diesel and quite economical in terms of FC because diesel. I'd buy it off him if I had the cash.
I saw lots of video of Navara breaking in half on youtube. Laugh die.

Reactions: alcyon

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Bring TS for testdrive....

Before this most manufacturer have 2 category of pickup which is the normal 2.5 diesel turbo or the over the top 3.0 or 3.2 diesel turbo.now i believe they only make the civilised below 3.0 engine. Last time my friend owned a triton 3.0 or 3.2. The acceleration has no ending until top speed. Put 2 motocross at the back oso feel like empty cargo space. U wont get that on petrol vehicle.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
If you look at the Elantra Sport as an outright sports sedan, it's not going to impress much.

but if you look at it as a daily driver first, it is great. It drives well, has about 200hp on tap, not boring like a regular sedan and has decent in-car features as well. DCT transmission is good, not anywhere near as advanced as the DSGs are but is still miles better than a CVT or Auto. Power is acceptably good as well. Just don't expect it to feel as refined as a new Civic, it is not.

The only big gripe is the inside. If you can take the cheap-ish eye-blinding red seats and accents than you're good to go. To be honest, in my 1 week drive in the car, i hardly took notice of the red accents much. I heard it's a zipped-on seat sleeve, so who knows, perhaps it can be removed

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wanna install 4g93 into my saga flx and i was wondering if there is any workshop that does it. if there is, please recommend and leave contact info~ KL area, thanks :3 P.S: Idk if this is the correct place to post it
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience