E-Vent vs. Tint of same price

leadaxer

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
As the topic title states. How would E-vent/E-kool perform as compared to a tint of the same price range? The E-Vent is priced at RM388 + RM50 install last time i checked. Feedback and comments appreciated. :D

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
Emmm, in my opinion, e-vent will win hands down. This is becoz it is based on active cooling. Meaning that if the car gets above a certain temperature, E-vent will work to bring the temperature down to a lower level.

A good tint will only reduce the amount of heat entering the car compartment. I guess the only way to really find out is for someone to sponsor one unit for testing. :P

leadaxer

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by popiah@Sep 16 2004, 17:44
Emmm, in my opinion, e-vent will win hands down. This is becoz it is based on active cooling. Meaning that if the car gets above a certain temperature, E-vent will work to bring the temperature down to a lower level.

A good tint will only reduce the amount of heat entering the car compartment. I guess the only way to really find out is for someone to sponsor one unit for testing. :P
Ahahah. From the theoretical point of view that may be true. But just would like to know if it really works in the realworld.

fabianyee

Known Member
Jan 9, 2004
Visit site
With tinting it helps to protect the upholstery from the harmful UV rays... not just keep the car cool...
Best is to install both...

leadaxer

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by fabianyee@Sep 17 2004, 01:45
With tinting it helps to protect the upholstery from the harmful UV rays... not just keep the car cool...
Best is to install both...
Hoho. Well of coz both would be the best. But not that feasible to my budget. Just like some viewpoints from ppl who've used em.

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
just a device to clean air n coolen the air ar? i tot is tinting.... but 38C onli the device start to work.. isn;t it a bit hot then? i think it onli works when u park under the sun then start the car.... onli the starting few mins it'll work well.. haha

leadaxer

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by menghua84@Sep 17 2004, 02:07
just a device to clean air n coolen the air ar? i tot is tinting.... but 38C onli the device start to work.. isn;t it a bit hot then? i think it onli works when u park under the sun then start the car.... onli the starting few mins it'll work well.. haha
Hmm not exactly just to clean the air. It's not a purifier. Wut it does is it intakes air from outside thru ur blower and creates a positive pressure in the cabin. This would force the air out vents and gaps in the car till it reaches 38C.

Well 38C may seem to be really hot but a normal car could sustain up to even 60C under very hot conditions. Don't expect it to cool like ur normal air conditioner though. Still, it only activates at 38C.

It works a different concept than tinted film where it rejects the heat. But this, would be only to a certain extent as heat would still get thru and on long hot days it would still be trapped inside. How much tints reject heat are it's selling point.

But wut i'm trying to find out is which would be a better cooling solution. E-Vent or tints of the same price range (e.g EcoTint entry-level and it's equivalents).

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
I guess, you would have to evaluate what you want. Like for example, if you want UV protection and to avoid glass from fragmenting (unless urs is laminated, in which case, this feature is not necessary liao). Or do you want to keep the temperature of the car below a certain level.

I think most car manufacturers take into consideration that some cars are parked under the sun all time time (like my car, the only time got roof over it is when i park in basement parking of shopping center). As long as the plastic is properly maintained with plastic care items, then it should be pretty hardy.

I personally have not installed e-vent, so I am not sure if it is flexible enough to adjust the temperature threshold so that it keeps your car cool at your desired temperature. Another point to note is that, it drains your battery as your car engine is not running when e-vent is operation. How will the constant discharging and recharging of a battery affects its life?

In the case of tinting, a car with good tint would still be hot if parked under the sun the whole day. However, it cools down way faster and your aircon works less to maintain the specified level of coolness.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i'm using E-Vent..

for de same price... i'd go for e-vent... i use together with tint.. i'm using rm500 tint...

E-Vent is circulating ur car with cooler air from outside...

if u only use tint... no matter how expensive ur tint... heat still build up.. cos de air inside ur car is static... so its best to use both... B)

another thing is it also cool down ur aircon coils.. when u enter ur car.. u on ur aircon.. get get cool air much much faster..
if no E-Vent ... ur aircon coolig coils will absorb de heat of de air inside ur car... so u get hot air when u on aircon lor...

one important thing when u use E-Vent, always remember to open/on de air circulation vent when u park ur car.. if not de E-Vent thing only circulate the air inside ur car..

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
yah.. to make it work even better or more efficient.. put down ur window a little gap bout 5mm is enough... to let de hot air escape faster

so far.. i used E-Vent more than a year laio.. no complaints... thumbs up.. but when sit other ppl car.. damn!! kenot tahan de heat...

i think this product is worth de money spent... B)

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
i don't use e-vent but using tinted film only

it's true that heat will build up in cockpit when car is stationery under
hot sun.. but it doesn't matter laa to wait less than a minute to cool the
cockpit with air cond switched on..

leadaxer

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Kewl guys. Thanx for the input. In that case i think i'll go for E-Vent 1st then add the tint later on when and if i have the budget. My sole purpose is to get rid of the heat and don't really care bout the glass or upholstery.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all sifu. im damn damn confuse of changing my 4G15P engine into bigger n power engine. 1st of all i like 4G63T but JPJ never allow to put that into wira 1.5. so i decide to put GSR 1.8 but some frend said GSR not enough power. im damn confuse.

although i got lubang in JPJ to put 4G63T engine, but my chassis will not bear the monster power. wat should i do to make my chassis stronger n tougher. wat is spot welding, chassis reinforced n etc. How much does it cost actually?? wher...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience