Drive a Honda Civic Eg/EK Must Read!

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
E-tech bro...looks like it burnt rite thru all the pcb layers...how u gonna find all the trace?i can see a lot of debug engineers looking for a scrap form to fill up and a dustbin to throw it away in lolz

p/s:really appreciate u posting up all these cases n teaching others to fix their own ECUs...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
E-tech bro...looks like it burnt rite thru all the pcb layers...how u gonna find all the trace?i can see a lot of debug engineers looking for a scrap form to fill up and a dustbin to throw it away in lolz

p/s:really appreciate u posting up all these cases n teaching others to fix their own ECUs...

Yeah lor... 1 of the worst case i have seen on a P08 (JDM)... Anyway no worries.... repair completed and tested on a car just now.... Car start with no CEL.... Another honda brain saved... but my room stinks of the burnt pcb smell for hours.... ;-(

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
those fumes are toxic u know...u use kester to clean n flux to aid soldering ar? better find a way to ventilate yr room while u doing all these repairs...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Ha ha ha the stink comes actually from the burnt pcb..... anyway n.p... all cleared.
:burnout:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Reminder.....Check you ecu before it happens to you..

skye_n1

Mar 21, 2009
Is there any speed limiter inside the ECU? Because just happen my car cant go any faster than 160kmh. The RPM is at around 5k+ when it is 150kmh+, when the speedometer hit 160kmh the RPM will jump to the redline.

By the way, my car is EJ/EK auto 1.6 vtec. The ECU code is 37820-P6X-T51

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Skye...
Yes got limitter but shoul be at 180 if ek.
Ej should not hv limitter...(local model)

skye_n1

Mar 21, 2009
Just pull out the ECU and there's no sign of burn or leaking caps. Testing the car again yesterday. Just notice the sudden surge of rpm is actually caused by from 5th gear drop to 4th gear. Mechanical fault i guess, time to convert to manual tranny :driver:
Btw, is it ok to convert to manual but still using auto ECU :confused:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Sky
yes can however checklight will appear
need mod the ecu

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Sky
yes can however checklight will appear
need mod the ecu

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Did a P08 2 nites ago... all the way from N9.
QM1 & QM2 changed.
Alll caps changed... had sign of leak already however no major trouble yet...
Will up load picture soon.....

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Another symptom of ECU trouble especially for P27 ecu is ... check light take 10-15mins before goes off....
After that car can start normally abd drives normally....
However later or next day... same trouble again... wait wait.... 20 mins now then 30 min .....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifus'

last week i took my car to car wash centre n at first i intended to wash my car engine but there,i saw a guy just washed his perdana n he couldn't even start the car. when i went to check it out i realised that he didnt cover his air filter maybe this could be the problem i told him but he never bothered maybe im a girl whose advicing himlah!!! :D

then i decide not to even wash my car.

but if i were to wash my car engine what the tips or steps that i have to take in order to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience