does JPJ really allow direct engine transplant from 1.3 to 1.8??

akubudakshahalam

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
hi to all ZTH forumers,
i sudah pening kepala think about this.i would like to buy my 1st car.the problem is the car ori body is satria 1.3 and now already convert engine to Satria GTI 1.8.the seller said that he got the endorsement letter from JPJ and also he said have contact.i don't really mind about that.

what i really mind that,will JPJ sita my car if i kena tahan in road block? i afraid that the seller endorse letter is the one that pay undertable punya.really got letter,but i myself dunno if the letter sure can pass JPJ roadblock.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

akubudakshahalam

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
aiyoh i really really need for sifu comment here bro.lai lai car sifu.

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
then b4 change name u sendiri pergi bawa puspakom check lor , if everything line clear no problem , yes 1.3 can go 1.8 but must go 2 times to putrajaya ... my fren did everything himself , problem is time only ...

akubudakshahalam

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
then b4 change name u sendiri pergi bawa puspakom check lor , if everything line clear no problem , yes 1.3 can go 1.8 but must go 2 times to putrajaya ... my fren did everything himself , problem is time only ...
so its not a myth onli that JPJ does allow direct transplant from 1.3 to 1.8.i thought my brother lie to me because he tell me not to buy this kind of car because if got road block i surely 100 percent kena tahan.thanks for the info bro liz@rd.

bro liz@rd u know how much it cost for the inspection?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
sure can pass la. even if u do urself also can pass. but just make sure ur car is up to jpj specifications. no tinted agung, no weird bodykit, no cannon exhaust etc etc. sure can pass.

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
ok i've got the info fr my friend alrdy

1st u go putrajaya jpj 2 apply for 1.3-1.8
2nd they will issue u a form
3rd take that form and go to jpj negeri for inspection for brakes and suspension
4th if "pass" take that form back to putrajaya
5th then they will issue u a form to go puspakom for inspection
6th if "pass" then u go renew ur road tax and insurance

see that's the hassle to go through if u wanna do it urself ...

cost for puspakom inspection = rm40
cost for jpj negeri inspection = FOC
cost for road tax = rm200++ additional for previous road tax
cost for time , tol and petrol = priceless

well he got everything settled in a month and below rm500

p/s : ur brother said that in good faith as u must understand the hassle of going up and down , provided if u pass everything at 1 time , which u wont , coz my fren went up and down twice i think ... so good luck bro ... and if i miss out anything out there , other sifu can add on ...

Last edited by a moderator:

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
discuss already..:confused::confused::confused:
the search button really works if u all want to know..:adore::adore::adore:

here the link -->here<--
another one -->here<--

Last edited:

akubudakshahalam

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
discuss already..:confused::confused::confused:
the search button really works if u all want to know..:adore::adore::adore:

here the link -->here<--
another one -->here<--
im just looking for info here Mr. slipar,by the way thanks for the links.very much appreciate it.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
if the car had been endorsed a few yrs back with 1.8 roadtax then shouldnt b a prob edi.....
there's soooo many 1.3chassis wif evo engine running around....all done the conversion n endorsement before JPJ set this kindda limits......

akubudakshahalam

Known Member
Dec 24, 2005
i agree with this,i wish good luck to everyone who already done with the engine transplant.

nowaday,many many rules are made though some of them are ridiculous one.

now i have read the forum and all the replies.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
:burnout:
if the car had been endorsed a few yrs back with 1.8 roadtax then shouldnt b a prob edi.....
there's soooo many 1.3chassis wif evo engine running around....all done the conversion n endorsement before JPJ set this kindda limits......

as far as i know, if the car was already endorsed and the geran kereta written wit the gti 1.8 engine which shud be 4g93p XXXX something, means it is approved and there wil be no problem after that...

so u better check wit the owner and see the geran...look for Engine Code and displacement then u wil know whether it is OK or NO..

and make sure wat's has been written on the geran is same as wat is written on your block, including the chasis number..

regarding road block, they wil first check your geran whether is same as wat is inside the engine bay or not...even if let's say a satria 1.3 chasis wit V6 inside, and the geran stated tat the engine is a V6 engine, u won't be kena kacau...unless your exhaust is loud, HID, black tinted and so on..

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dyno'ed my 1997 BCNR33 at N1 Racing's Dynojet rig on the 8th of January 2011. The tuner was Max Lim from Speed Effect Motorworks.

For a 13 year old car with her stock RB26DETT internals and turbos, shes putting out approximately 347.25 whp and 42.68 torque at the wheel. The car was pushing 1.25 bar of boost at 7500 rpm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience