DIY rewrap door panel

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
hey sifus!

need some help n advice!!
i open d door panel liao but d fabric part is held together by a plastic 'stopper' so wat is d best way to remove it???

since i already did on one side of d door, i practically used a knife to cut d stopper in order to remove d fabric part which is alot of work coz d fabric part is like held by 20 stoppers..

plus, since im using fabric cotton, how do i get d fabric to stick on so it doesnt look 'puffy'!?!?

thx guys...i will post up d pics soon....damn headache trying to do just one door....it took approx 4 hrs just to do one door on my hands were hurting from trying to cut up those plastic stoppers...

urgh...

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
i think some photos would help us to see.. i cant imagine how you are doing it bro.

ExODus

Known Member
May 14, 2006
just upload the pic to image hosting site... would be easier... agreed with donCityZ, some pic as reference would be great... :biggrin:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
just use dunlop contact adhesive to stick the fabric to the door panel

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yup..use gam getah..aka dunlop...
but if u r a patient guy then u could DIY...for me i just send to sscus shop to rewrap...
at least puas hati...if not can tiaw them if not satisfied/.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Which of you poor souls own a VW Golf GTi Mk6? No, this thread isn't meant to be offensive. If you're offended please get out.

Share some ownership thoughts. Yes, its quite unfortunate given the diesel gate scandal, the stupidity of the after sales and service in Malaysia (all done by 3rd party dealers and none by VGM). But other than that, what other cons are there to ownership?

This car isn't stupid fast, not very slow either. I guess one of the benefits is the aftermarket support...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience