DIY-Rear Side marker

ghostz32

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2006
Hye everyone

Anybody know how to DIY rear bumper side marker installation step by step..please share ya

Tq

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
steps.
1.measure the hole by holding the side marker frame & trace around it.
2.put masking tape around it.
3.use a cutter to cut the hole.
4.fit the frame into the hole, try not to cut too big. incase u need to adjust it later.
5.get any wires from your old lights or anywhere u can find.
6.hook it up to your rear lights.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Without lights? Double sided tape.
With lights, buy led strip, tap to brake wires. And also some common sense.
Done.
Wahsehhh.. ever since your footwell LED lighting DIY you become very action hor? :biggrin:

ghostz32 : You need some basic electrical knowledge. Do you know how to test which wire is the live brake light? If you do then tap from there and connect to your blingbling

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Wahsehhh.. ever since your footwell LED lighting DIY you become very action hor? :biggrin:

ghostz32 : You need some basic electrical knowledge. Do you know how to test which wire is the live brake light? If you do then tap from there and connect to your blingbling
Weiii, don't say like that. Just telling only.
Common sense is a must.
Saying it doesn't mean i action leh.

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
not tap to brake lamp wire but dawn light/lampu ujan/lampu kecik (what so ever they call) wires. So the marker will light up together when u switch it on ..not when u brake. :smokin::smokin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
not tap to brake lamp wire but dawn light/lampu ujan/lampu kecik (what so ever they call) wires. So the marker will light up together when u switch it on ..not when u brake. :smokin::smokin:
rear fog lamp you say? Hmm, plug out the cable of the brake light. Should ve located in a boot, switch on the lights, then try to use multimeter and see, which one makes the needle jump to 12v or below, then that is the one.

Wires should be given right? Just switch off the lights.
Splice the wire, long long spliced will be better. until u can see the copper/iron wires in it.
Poke it in to the hole u tested out. Then tape it around so that u can still poke in to the socket. And rmbr to tape the expose metal wires. To prevent electric shocks or blowing fuses.
Then carefully plug it in. The above post should be better. More advanced sifu.
I don't suggest u splicing the ori brake wires because i think thats harder to determine and abit messy, and also if new car, MIGHT void warranty.

Hope u understand
cheers.

Last edited:

ghostz32

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2006
Thanx for info guys..i'll try and post the results soon..

ghostz32

500 RPM
Mar 13, 2006
Time constrain..i'll try make it this month..if posible :shot:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you’re thinking of putting pen to paper on a new vehicle during the Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show 2010, you might want to drop by the Naza booth to check out their offerings because if you take one home, you stand a chance to win a Mercedes-Benz SLK 200 or a Honda ST1300.

Those that order a car from Naza World during KLIMS’10 will be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience