DIY porting Throttle Body( 4g15 siemens)

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
feel free to share this with you all...from WAC..hahaha

i tried as well very long time ago..so now comfirm no problem ..really give lot of different...By enlarging abit from 45mm - 48mm, smoothen Edge.....

Dun worry, will not interrupt your ecu..as will learn..

hope you guys can have it as well..:_: after done please do share...

-WISE Auto Club Forum- -> D.I.Y - throttle body porting

Last edited:

prototypes

Apr 11, 2007
bro, unfortunately your ecu can only learn to certain limit. because when the ecu does the correction, there are upper limits and lower limits. anything beyond that will cause the ecu to go ku-ku...

the air volumes increases, the airflow increases, but the fuel pressure can only go up to a limit whereby anything more will cause the a/r to mess up!

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
bro, unfortunately your ecu can only learn to certain limit. because when the ecu does the correction, there are upper limits and lower limits. anything beyond that will cause the ecu to go ku-ku...

the air volumes increases, the airflow increases, but the fuel pressure can only go up to a limit whereby anything more will cause the a/r to mess up!
ya i know..but doing this porting will not increase air flow ..just smoothen the flowo nly...therfore increase respond..not power..and yet we are not turbo charging the car....if turbo charging..the only thing you can do in SIemens is add on Piggyback Emanage will do...for Fueling control..

Last edited:

prototypes

Apr 11, 2007
me not Einstein lar..just playing around with my car nia....just only cost less tehn RM 10.00 modding..also a DIy thing....so you may try yourself...
bro. that's exactly my point! i'm just worry of spending less ending up spending lots! anyway, have fun!

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
dun need to do anything to the butterfly?
we did not ported and polish that area...just that the front part which have abit of resistence on the edge smoothen th area..polist untill shape like trumpet type..smooth egde...which nicrease respond better.....or maybe someday...i will show it in TT or maybe WAC DIY day...here the PIC one of the member TB that have done.

Last edited:

skyrap

1,000 RPM
Sep 14, 2004
Ipoh~KL
Visit site
ya i know..but doing this porting will not increase air flow ..just smoothen the flowo nly...therfore increase respond..not power..and yet we are not turbo charging the car....if turbo charging..the only thing you can do in SIemens is add on Piggyback Emanage will do...for Fueling control..
piggyback e-manage??? can't install le... only dyno jet piggyback will do for siemens...by the way, although is smoothen the flow but the siemens ECU might have fault code and check light might occur..unless you change to mitsubishi throtle, wiring, and ECU then you can enlarge as you like...:regular_smile:

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
piggyback e-manage??? can't install le... only dyno jet piggyback will do for siemens...by the way, although is smoothen the flow but the siemens ECU might have fault code and check light might occur..unless you change to mitsubishi throtle, wiring, and ECU then you can enlarge as you like...:regular_smile:
Emanage can be done in siemens...as well SAFC2 can be done....you can check with N1 or Millenium workshop in Sunway....but ofcrouse some limited area only..but Air and fuel maping can be adjust from there...i met in one Wira 1.5 aerobak run on SAFC2 and reviewed Satria SE siemens Emanage need to for his turbo..0.4bar boosting this owner you can look for nickname (Moxt).....more information you can get also from Prohatch...as well..anyway they are daring to try..and yet result is good ..haha

by the way..few of us who drove siemens car...also smooth and porting on our TB...remember not enlarge our TB so untill now no engine faulty or engine light on....if yu wan to do to so...you can install SGTI siemens TB....to your car..but Trohttle learning have to set from PDT 2000....

anyway..MMC throttle body can`t put in our Siemens car lar....

skyrap

1,000 RPM
Sep 14, 2004
Ipoh~KL
Visit site
yet it can be done but the ignition can't be done only..piggyback dyno jet are fully utilise with sienmens and SAFC 2 is always can be done... moxt is my friend, he never put an e-manage... they are daring to try, at the end his(moxt) engine change to stock liao......

by the way you said that "MMC throttle body can`t put in our Siemens car lar"?? if you change the MMC wiring and the whole throttle body, yes it can put in..

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
yet it can be done but the ignition can't be done only..piggyback dyno jet are fully utilise with sienmens and SAFC 2 is always can be done... moxt is my friend, he never put an e-manage... they are daring to try, at the end his(moxt) engine change to stock liao......

by the way you said that "MMC throttle body can`t put in our Siemens car lar"?? if you change the MMC wiring and the whole throttle body, yes it can put in..
heheh MOxt selling his car soon.....anyway i have a set of MMC injection kit..interested?...yes MMC Tb can put but alot thing need to be done..as you mention wiring and otherthing...but no cheap to do this convert..

skyrap

1,000 RPM
Sep 14, 2004
Ipoh~KL
Visit site
heheh MOxt selling his car soon.....anyway i have a set of MMC injection kit..interested?...yes MMC Tb can put but alot thing need to be done..as you mention wiring and otherthing...but no cheap to do this convert..
yup...erm..i waiting for free stuff...might not thinking about it first...hehe..those MMC u can find it cheap around RM600 included MMC ECU, if u saw those ppl need to convert their engine u can can buy from them ma....

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
How come some people are so wrapped up in increasing horsepower that they're cynical about improving driveability?

So far, my ported TB hasn't given any problems but the throttle response is much better. Fuel consumption didn't suffer much either.

The engine is still NA, a ported throttle body won't affect an increase in air intake so much. Air just goes in with lesser restriction, so that you can hold a speed better with lesser throttle pressure. Remember that for Siemens ECU, your injectors will go full-blast at near-WOT and WOT conditions. Reducing the incidences in which you have to floor the throttle all the way will even help with your fuel consumption!

The only thing I can see that is affected before-and-after from the viewpoint of the ECU is that the MAP sensor will probably detect a lower vacuum at most rev points, and a sudden increase in rev will only cause a high-vacuum condition for a lesser duration. Thus it will sense that the engine is facing lesser load. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So we already have the BMW M2 in the Malaysian market and it seems that there's no competitors for the M2. But im quite surprised because the Alfa Romeo or the least, the Stinger GT isn't yet in malaysian market. Of course there's two Gulia's in Malaysia, one in red owned by someone and the other is white which is the Agong's. And if we take a look at the Stinger if im not mistaken theres only one in grey and thats it. In this case my guess is they import cause well, lol no market yet. When...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience