DIY Port & Polish Throttle Body (guide)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
unker, I both top and lower part is port.....only satisfied...if port only 1 place result not so satisfied.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
unker, I both top and lower part is port.....only satisfied...if port only 1 place result not so satisfied.
but now, u just port the outer part, haven't port the inside part.... mayb after port the inside will get better 'feel' ler..???:proud:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i only port the bottom cos i need more low end for my auto.

results after porting is good, some feel is noticed. :biggrin:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
:biggrin: :biggrin:

dont dare to port too much, this is my spare tb.

have another spare tb, and this time gonna port kao kao :nurse:

samurai76

Feb 8, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
TitanRev san...two thumbs up...:rock:...recently, i cleaned the throttle body by using carb cleaner...then, I found out your DIY....this would be my next DIY project...well, how long it takes to polish the inner TB ??....

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
TitanRev san...two thumbs up...:rock:...recently, i cleaned the throttle body by using carb cleaner...then, I found out your DIY....this would be my next DIY project...well, how long it takes to polish the inner TB ??....
Be careful when doing this. Don't overport until the butterfly flap cannot close properly. If there's leakage your idling is gonna be a pain in the ass.

I ported mine and if you lift it up into the sunlight you can see an eclipse around the butterfly. Lucky for me it didn't affect my idling much

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
s76, I did it by hand so it was quite a long process...probably will take you 7 to 8 hours for the whole process...I'm also going to be doing another TB for my other car...

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
:adore: sifuses & bros, if i'm not mistaken, the butterfly should fully closed when tb is cold but mine is not, is this a prob that needs to be solve??:confused::banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:adore: sifuses & bros, if i'm not mistaken, the butterfly should fully closed when tb is cold but mine is not, is this a prob that needs to be solve??:confused::banghead:
What do you mean not fully closed? Is the flap spring pulling the butterfly closed or just half way or slightly open? If slightly it might be on purpose depending on what car you drive. It can't be completely sealed otherwise your car wouldn't be able to idle.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
What do you mean not fully closed? Is the flap spring pulling the butterfly closed or just half way or slightly open? If slightly it might be on purpose depending on what car you drive. It can't be completely sealed otherwise your car wouldn't be able to idle.
hmmm, maybe later on i'll take a picture & post it here, btw thanx for your kind opinion hope i can learn more & not just drive & clean my wallet when the time comes:adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We can’t be faulted if the only reference ‘Austria’ and ‘motorsports’ brings to mind is the Formula One races held at the now-defunct A1-Ring but a tuner in the birthplace of Adolf Hitler has waved their wands on the Nissan GT-R and conjured up a respectable performance and styling kit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience