[DIY] Oil catch tank

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
a week's worth. pretty bad, aint it?
yup.. that's bad..

can u show a pic of where u put that OCT?

and i think ur exhaust doesn't blow white smoke because ur piston ring is ok.. it's just ur engine head that's problem..

u got lot of oil on ur air filter or throttle body b4 u put this OCT?

Caarzee

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi D7zul,

Sorry for the late reply. Was on a sick leave.

Here's the pictures. The color coded ones are Blue(1) - PCV to Blue(2) Inlet OCT to Yellow(3) Outlet OCT to Yellow(4) Inlet Intake Manifold.

Yeah, I think previously intake manifold was oily black. I haven't check since I put in the OCT. Probably need to get two 3bond engine cleaner soon. Besides lesser engine oil and the need to top it up, what are things that I need to be wary of?

Let me know of your thoughts.

Thanks.

Attachments

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the Blue(1) doesn't have any kind of valve at the hole?

my 20v silvertop got a valve there & it only open when the engine head got high pressure..

i think this valve prevent ur oil to get out of d engine..

what engine is that? sorry, i didn't recognize it :biggrin:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi bro zul. Actually what I have discovered are differ from yours.
PCV valve will always open when there is vacuum from intake manifold, not open only if got high pressure.

I've confirm this, when I unplug PCV valve from cam cover (with vacuum hose attached and engine running) I can heard whistling sound came from PCV valve. Which mean PCV valve operate without any pressure.

Please correct if I'm wrong

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Hi bro zul. Actually what I have discovered are differ from yours.
PCV valve will always open when there is vacuum from intake manifold, not open only if got high pressure.

I've confirm this, when I unplug PCV valve from cam cover (with vacuum hose attached and engine running) I can heard whistling sound came from PCV valve. Which mean PCV valve operate without any pressure.

Please correct if I'm wrong
I don't know exactly how it works. Mayb its a 1way valve

Anyhow, i think caarzee should check that valve 1st. Mayb its not working

Caarzee

Aug 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi D7zul,

Here's the layout and the sample image of the PCV. It has a valve but I don't know if it operates when there is high pressure inside the crankcase or whenever there's a vacuum pull from the intake manifold or both. Engine is Nissan QR20DE for 2.0cc or QR25DE for 2.5cc. Car models - XTrail and Sentra year 2004-2007.

Here are some self test, provided the valve is on the hose.
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-check-and-clean-the-pcv-valve.html
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/app/newsfeed/detail?article=800567427

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
DIYed mine yesterday.. But i buy the wrong filter,the Wira one.. Sighs.. Gotta get an Iswara one later.. :argh:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
DIYed mine yesterday.. But i buy the wrong filter,the Wira one.. Sighs.. Gotta get an Iswara one later.. :argh:
i think it's ok.. any model should work..

the difference is only the design.. nothing else :wink:

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
i think it's ok.. any model should work..

the difference is only the design.. nothing else :wink:
Haha.. Thanks bro.. But the design is not the same as the Iswara's.. :hmmmm:

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
i think this picture would be easier to understand bcoz my engine have a hydrogen generator :biggrin:

put the oil catch tank between the yellow lines..
bro dzul....im using svt too!! tat is isawara FUEL filter? and how many mm hose needed?tq

blackcolour

Known Member
Nov 2, 2012
sarawak
I got a friend which DIY and put a stainless steel bottle which they always use for bicycle drinking bottle make 2 hole one for engine piping goes in and for for return back to engine. At the top ofDdrinking bottle he put a mini airfilter for breathing. All the used oil will goes into the bottle and extra air goes back to the engine. No idea if this will increase the hp or hurt the engine or not. Sifu give some clues

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I got a friend which DIY and put a stainless steel bottle which they always use for bicycle drinking bottle make 2 hole one for engine piping goes in and for for return back to engine. At the top ofDdrinking bottle he put a mini airfilter for breathing. All the used oil will goes into the bottle and extra air goes back to the engine. No idea if this will increase the hp or hurt the engine or not. Sifu give some clues
It will do nothing except catch the oil vapour. No increase anything and no hurt anything

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Izso, the pic showing your myvi oil catch tanks seems not right...the inlet should be the bottom and the outlet should be top. There's an arrow on top that indicates the flow direction. Doesn't really do any harm I suppose...just wana highlight. Awesome DIY btw. Thumbs up

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as title, need help finding engine serial number on the engine, where izit located on the engine? a pic circling the area would be really nice :D

thanks alot for the help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience