DIY MAF sensor cleaning

littlebeetle

Known Member
Dec 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Recently decided to clean my mum's suzuki swift. I didn't managed to captured the photos due to only I work myself and hand full of dirt

It has not been clean since car delivered couple of years ago.

Step 1: remove negative battery terminal
Step 2: Remove the entire air intake filter box (tools u need just Philip screw driver). But remember the process of the removal as you need to assemble it back
Step 3: remove the wire connector attached to MAF sensor so that you can take out the entire sensor for easy cleaning.

Step 4: There are 2 screw located on top of the MAF sensor. You need a very short "L" shape screwdriver to loose them.

Step 5: Clean the MAF Sensor (like a match shape) with MAF spray (can be purchase from car accessories shop). You may spray 5 - 6 times interval. The spray will self dry instantly. However you may choose to dry it under the sun but not too long else the sensor will damage.

Happy DIY! :biggrin:

DR78

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
subang
Great tips there..Thanks. do you know where can i buy the crc maf cleaner? cant seem to find it.. Thanks

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
if cant get crc, you can find electrical contact cleaner from any electrical shops/some hardware store as a replacement.

can also try Ace Hardware or brothers accessory or Eneos to find for MAF cleaner

and remeber not to touch the insides with hands or dont attempt to wipe inside also bro. very sensitive. be gentle. :driver:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ace hardware definately got the spray in stock....

but finding them on the shelf of automotive spray quite dizzy :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HELLO GUYZ,

NEED HELP!
MY CAR PROBLEM IS WHEN I PULL MY THROTLE UNTIL 5500RPM ONWARD, MY MACHINE WAS JERKING...DUNNNO WHY?
I HAD CHANGE MY COMPUTER BOX, IGNITION COIL, CABLE PLUG, SPARK PLUG (USE THE COLD ONE) THE PROB. STILL APPEAR ..
MY HEAD WAS CARCKED NOW... NEED OPINION A.S.A.P
TQ

-4E LOVERS-
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience