DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

Jul 23, 2015
El Salvador
Hi, Greetings from El Salvador :), my problem is when the motor of my honda civic 92 is cold don't start, have spark but the main Relay does't click and the check light is on, after 7 or 10 minutes the relay do click and the check light is off, i replace the caps of the Ecu, the fuel pump and the distribuitor is ok, i check the grounds and resolder the main relay, please help me, thanks... sorry for my english grammar but my level of english is basic.

Jul 31, 2015
poland
Hi.
I have P06 ecu with solid cell. Fuel pump will not prime.
I changed all electrolytic caps and QM3, IC17.

Still the same issue.

Any suggestions where to look?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi.
I have P06 ecu with solid cell. Fuel pump will not prime.
I changed all electrolytic caps and QM3, IC17.

Still the same issue.

Any suggestions where to look?
Hi, my if the trace are all ok also, then it the main processor.
It's a gonna.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Hi, Greetings from El Salvador :), my problem is when the motor of my honda civic 92 is cold don't start, have spark but the main Relay does't click and the check light is on, after 7 or 10 minutes the relay do click and the check light is off, i replace the caps of the Ecu, the fuel pump and the distribuitor is ok, i check the grounds and resolder the main relay, please help me, thanks... sorry for my english grammar but my level of english is basic.
Hi...try replace Ic17.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

hi etech I have p08 ecu and rechipped already,it has error code cyp,I'll try use other ecu and there's no error.can u tell what are the parts that can be replace on my p08 ecu?and when can I buy it?thanks.street tuners Philippines
Hi... If u have change the caps then it's HIC1

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

For immediate reply pls whatsapp me...
+60196547373.... Little busy nowadays to check-in this forum.
Two.

invicta

500 RPM
Mar 30, 2006
hi etech..have you encounter a p30, cel on and off for 2second.. can crank but wont fire up..
what do you think?

After crank, the cel stays on.

tq

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Hi E-Tech

My P28 is getting a CEL14 (causing hunting idle), which components should I change? can u advise on the part numbers needed for replacement.
Thinking of ordering from my.rs-online .
FYI I've checked everything and confirmed ECU faulty.

Appreciate your help

Last edited:

_firecracker

May 25, 2013
Charlotte NC
I see there has been no post in awhile I hope there is still help available. I have 3 ECUs I have never been able to fix

1. I have a P28 with a 1720 main board in it that Q31 went bad on. The middle pad (top and bottom) on Q31 was damaged so I repaired the trace from the bottom pad to the ECU plug A20 mentioned here http://technet.ff-squad.com/wiring.obd1.htm

I could not tell if the top pad of Q31 went anywhere

I am getting a code 4 as soon as the car cranks up. Checked with known good ECU, car is fine. Replaced all e-caps and QM3. Traced B15 to HIC1 and saw what might have been a break in the trace, repaired. Still getting code 4

2. P06, solid CEL, no fuel pump prime replaced all e-caps, IC12, IC17, QM3, replaced C14 again just to make sure. ECU just quit working one day, no burn marks or leaky caps

3. Getting code 3 and 7, replaced all e-caps except for C24, I ran out of that part. Does C24 have anything to do with code 3 and 7?

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
If you need some assistants, pls whatapp me at +60196547373.... Little busy nowadays to check-in this forum.
Over and out.

Aug 14, 2013
manila
replace HIC1 or send me you're ecu,i can fix it

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

hi etech I have p08 ecu and rechipped already,it has error code cyp,I'll try use other ecu and there's no error.can u tell what are the parts that can be replace on my p08 ecu?and when can I buy it?thanks.street tuners Philippines
replace HIC1 or send me you're ecu,i can fix it for you bro

Aug 28, 2017
I came across this forum while searching for answers regarding my ECU problem. Sorry for the long post as I don't want to leave out important details. The ECU is a chipped P28 running Crome. The car is an SiR with a boosted B16 engine.

Note:there was a very small black(burned) mark below the c19 capacitor, the one beside NF1 and the "D" terminals when I first bought the ecu. Before using the ecu, I replaced all the caps and check the slightly blackened part for continuity and it was good. I was able to use the car for more than 2 years before this problem occurred.

The car stalls while driving and I thought it was the ICM because our CRV experienced similar stalling issues before but the CEL would lit up and gave a code 15 while there's no CEL in the Civic. We replaced the ICM anyway.

After replacing the ICM, there were no stalling anymore for about 2 months though the car is seldom use. But one day, the car stalled again while cruising on the highway. I tried putting it in 2nd gear and popping the clutch with the gas pedal pressed but the car doesn't want to start. I had to wait for about 20 minutes before the car started up again and I was able to continue driving. About 2 kms to my house, it stalled again. I saw the tach needle move a bit while cranking so I thought it wasn't the ICM. I removed the rear seat to check if the pump is priming. The fuel pump wasn't priming. I tried starting it every 5 minutes and sometimes the pump will prime but the engine would stall after 2 seconds. I had to let it sit for 20 minutes again.

I thought my Walbro fuel pump was going bad so I swapped the stock fuel pump in but to no avail because it still primes intermittently. The CEL lits up but giving a solid CEL when the service connector is jumped. I checked the inside of the ECU but everything is good. I tried checking the main relay according to the Helms manual and it checked out good but I re-soldered the solder joints anyway. After doing the solder joints on the relay, the pump no longer primes intermittently. BUT I noticed that when I moved the ECU, the idling speed would get affected and the engine is closed to stalling.

The next day, I started the car to check which ecu wire is affecting the idling but suddenly the idling was at a low 500 rpm and surging. I used a wooden bbq stick to poke around the wires and as soon as I touch D21 (SG1) the engine was close to stalling while D22 (SG2) only has a slight effect and other wires are ok. I thought to myself that this will be an easy fix but I was wrong. I depin and repin SG1 and SG2 and even bought another "D" ecu socket but after fixing the wires, the engine is idling like crazy. Sometimes it will idle at 2000 rpm and slowly creep up but most of the time the idle will surge like an invisible person is pumping the gas pedal. I re-soldered the main relay again but still the same thing. I was so frustrated at this point.

The following day, I decided to swap in the original stock OBD2 ecu. The idling was low at 500 rpm and there's smoke coming out of the tail pipe but idle speed is not surging anymore. I guess the stock ecu was having a hard time idling the 450cc injectors. At this point, it also gave a code 3 which is map sensor. So i thought the MAP sensor wiring must be having issues so I wired it directly to the OBD2 ecu and there's no more CEL. I also wired the MAP sensor directly to the OBD1 P28 but the idle speed still surges. I swapped in the MAP sensor and main relay from the CRV but still no luck and the idling speed continues to surge.

I decided to check the MAP sensor wiring but there was no short so I use the stock harness again with the OBD2 but this time no more CEL. I switched to the OBD1 ecu and idling speed continues to surge. At this point, I decided to check the capacitors carefully and though there were no leaks on the board, I noticed that the markings on 47uF 16v caps are easily rubbed off. Perhaps from heat? But I'm not sure. I also read the C14 (220uF 35v) is the main cap so I decided to replace 3 caps (33uF, 47uF and 220uF). After that, the idling speed was normal again and I let the engine idle until the radiator fan turns on twice.

After several hours, I tried starting the car again to confirm that it is indeed fixed. Unfortunately, the idle speed would jump to 2000rpm instead of the usual 1500rpm and then the engine stalls and the CEL will lit up. I jumped the service connector and solid CEL again. I tried starting it a couple more times but it will just stall after idling for 2 minutes. So I decided to replaced all the capacitors and it will be good again until it has rested for a few hours and the madness will start happening again then it will just continue stalling. Idling would blip then stall over and over again.

I decided to check the ecu again and used a jeweler's magnifying glass to check every component and solder joint on the ecu but everything checks out good except the NF1 or the 3 legged EMI filter capacitor which seems dirty and corroded in the soldered area so I bought new NF1. Since the ecu had a blackened spot from the previous owner I rechecked the continuity of the tracks again and it's all good. But since I'm at a lost already and facing a blank wall, I decided to hook up the NF1 and the 33uF capacitor OUTBOARD and the engine started up normally again and was able to idle until the radiator fan turns on twice. I was really hoping it would be fix since I'm feeling desperate already. So after 3 hours, I started the car again and it idle smoothly and as soon as it passed the 2-3 minute mark without stalling I thought it must be ok already. I let it idle for 10 minutes before shutting it down. I decided to let it sit overnight and see what happens in the morning before I put back NF1 and the 33uF cap in their right places.

The next morning was hell! The car started up with the correct idle speed of 1500rpm but stalled after idling for 2 minutes and CEL lit up. As usual, it's a solid CEL. I was heartbroken and pissed as hell at this point. I check the outboard parts and I noticed one leg of 33uF had come off. I soldered it back but the problem persisted and it continue stalling. I decided to solder the OUTBOARD parts (NF1 and 33uF cap) back in but to no avail. I even used a new NF1 AND 33 uF again but nothing. At this point, I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I just grabbed the magnifying glass but don't know what to look for anymore. I decided to solder the top lead of 3 capacitors which I think doesn't have enough solder since original ecu have solder on the component side and solder side and as soon as I did that, it has gotten worse. The engine will start and die after only a few seconds unlike before where it will stall after 2 minutes. Not only that but after it stalled, the fuel pump and main relay will continue priming and clicking respectively until I turn the key off.

I did a quick search and it said that QM3 is responsible for the fuel pump but the pump is priming and working. I was about to remove the QM3 from my previous burned out P08 ecu but hesitated because I'm not sure it will work PLUS the QM3 on the P28 is clean with no burn marks. So I decided to post the problem here and hope that someone knows what's going on. Buying another OBD1 ecu is not on my mind yet because the car is still starting up unlike other problems that I read online where the car is not starting at all and the pump is not priming. I still believe that it can still be fixed so any help or info will be very much appreciated.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...

does anyone here recommend TRD Suspension Kit...this would be for a MyVi...the kit is being retailed for RM2500...was considering between this, Titan (RM2000) and GAB...please advise and give your personal reviews...

i have used Titan before on my kelisa and loved them...but it was rather hard...sacrificing comfort quite a bit...the goal im hoping to get is to have improved handling with reasonable comfort since the MyVi is not really meant for cornering...just want to improve...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience