DIY Heat Shield for Open Pod

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Cool! Thanks!
Question.. is it better to put the superleon on the outside rather than the inside or no difference? Is superleon fireproof?

anion

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
i guess its better to put the superlon as in the inside as facing the air filter.....coz alu will heat up too....

superlon is not fireproof but it can stand a very high heat temperature.....i tried to use lighter n burn the superlon...but it doesnt catch on fire n burn but it smokes and melts.....

jackchoo

Dec 31, 2004
no problems....I did mine with .5 mm aluminium sheets. Pretty cheap. made a huge difference on the low end (which sucked after I installed an Apexi Pwer Intake).

Use a cardboard to first do a template, trace it onto a alu sheet and cut with a pair of garden shears. For inner lining I used some industrial rubbet sheets, maybe not necessary. mail me and I can send you my DIY document (too huge to attach over here)

Mines a 200SX S13 CA18DET.

Choon

Known Member
Jan 4, 2005
Perak
Visit site
Hmm... quite good..
i'm new here but i got a suggestion:

wat if we use asbestos, the one we use on our house ceilings.. it's made to insulate heat...
just use a manila card to try the best shape to insulate heat then trace it on the asbestos...

then cut and install... i think it shud be cheaper than using superlon and aluminium...

i plan to do this but stil haven't got open pod..

btw, how much does the Apexi open pod cost? i read from some article in the web and it said it has good filtration and good HP increase...

masvidal

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i salute u anion. really nice build up there. i try to make one, but it turn out ridiculous....hahahaha. really difficult lah to make for proton wira, small space and lots of wire......

tleilaxu

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
jb
i`ve got a heat shield for sale..bought frm speedworks n was fitted in my satria..letting it go cheap..pm me for details..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i`m using mitsubishi eterna twin turbo 2.0 v6....my turbo boost only 0.4 and my car never modify b4..so what can i do?? i`m newbie and know nothing...pls help..!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience