DIY-Flush Engine Oil With ATF

dokaugot

Dec 23, 2007
not in short term mean in long term will hv the bad effect also is it... then the lifespan of the engine will decrease d.

yes la in the long term, anyway no one flush for more than 30 minutes,rite?regardless whatever type of flushing ingredient you use.

Anyway, try google about it, i find a lot of good testimonial about flush with atf, so i decide give it a try.

There is some workshop use some type of pump to suck the oil engine out thru dip stick hole, any comment from forummers?

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
there is two reason to use the dip stick

1. the drain thread is so old, the mechanic think they cant take risk of unscrewing it
2. the mechanic wan the best for your car.. so he want to make sure every drop is sucked up hahaa.....

under normal circumstances, gravity flow or suction of engine oil drain bear not too much difference in term of volume.........

but if the mechanic use the sucker, they save time and they look professional ... :proud:

dokaugot

Dec 23, 2007
Yeah, now i know it. But, which is better? pump or traditional way?

can pump suck everything between small angle and gaps? Actually Im a bit sceptical using pump, would stick to old school ways.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton Persona 2008 - First Drive

The Sirions, er, Myvis have been overbooked by three months, and here’s the baffling part – despite not having dropped in numbers for the Perodua, sales for the Persona aren’t exactly suffering either. On the contrary, they have been skyrocketing. Proton have managed to convince the better part of Malaysia that they can’t go wrong with 19,840 units booked within the first month or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience