[DIY] Easiest DIY of all - how to change engine oil

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's why, horizontal. Luckily my oil filter is located downwards. No messy job. :biggrin:
Kinda worried after the last ATF change. Saw so much metal shavings on the nut.
Gear box usually have more metal shavings then in the engine.
Bro. SF change his kelisa atf & filter today. Real messy and there is a magnet stuck to the pan. If change filter take pan for cleaning....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Okay nice. Then i can fill up my steering fluid to the max. haha.
B*gger, I hope you know that atf, brake and power steering fluid are all different. you confusing me now......hahahahaha:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I shall ask alam flora then.
Or ask some mechanics nearby. Or just throw at their door step :laugh:
Just keep in car, pour it all over an idiot's car if we encounter any.

Probably brake fluid.....hahahahahhaha:biggrin:....faster cabut.........:burnout:
:rofl: reminds me of YOUKNOWWHO pouring bardarl EO and mix with ATF for his gearbox.

Brake fluid mix with power steering fluid. Will be smoother :rofl: Cabut...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just keep in car, pour it all over an idiot's car if we encounter any.

:rofl: reminds me of YOUKNOWWHO pouring bardarl EO and mix with ATF for his gearbox.

Brake fluid mix with power steering fluid. Will be smoother :rofl: Cabut...
Both will kena nicely from bro. SC......:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i use SPIII leh, so far no problem.
someone mention use ATF for power steering in LYN persona.:banghead:
Can use power steering fluid for ATF then? Since is kinda vice versa for whoever said that

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Fark. Hahahha. I forgot is brake fluid or ATF fluid for steering. HAHAHAHAH

Izso! Last time u fill in what dy? I check back manual need ATF Dexron I/II.
I think we filled in SPIII?
I don't remember what we filled in your PS. Should be Dexron III la. I have shitloads of that at home.

Actually, power steering uses ATF in most cases Dexron II/III. SPIII will work la. But it's not ideal la. Dexron is more viscous, or was it the other way around? I don't remember.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
SC, your PS might be filled with minyak kelapa sawit haha.
ah crap. Anyone want some to fry bananas?

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

I seriously forgot what I used. But then. It's been there for about 12000 km dy.
So which to use for which I really confused dy. lol

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
last weekend changed my kancil brake shoe wit try & error method, since doing it alone for the 1st time I didn't had the chance to take pictures of process. took me 4 hours to manage to finish it when it should be faster than that if let them mechs do it. it all went smooth for the right hand side, just an hour I think but all went havoc for the left hand side, no problem opening it but to install it back caused me problem. y coz 1 of the item with the spring popped out & I manage to install it back but the wrong way. I put it back like the right hand side but actually it's like the mirror side of it. how did I know, I re opened the right side compare them parts & :banghead: 2,3 times & manage to finish it. maybe I could cut back an hour if I used my other 2T bottle jack in kelisa instead of using them bricks:banghead::banghead: & luckily no other parts r damage. it's not that hard for kancil but don't know with others cars, next my kelisa, hope it's the same method. but all in all, anything diy is truly satisfying.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro,

i bough on toyota le body..which originally 8 valve..then i when bought 12 valve...toyota le engine...i try to insert the egine..oni right hand side....mounting oni can fit....the other moutning....not at all....and the cross..member also not fit.....is there..different cross member for 12 valve?
another thing....the drive sharp.....is it 8 valve and 12 valve same.......plz help me...bcoz im fixing on ma own.....thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience