[DIY] Change a fuel filter

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
Oh yea, I checked with a auto spare parts shop in Taman paramount near Al ehsan mamak. That guy say the fuel filter for NCP93 costs around 200 bucks. *Gasp*

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I followed the fuel rail from my engine compartment all the way to the tank but I couldn't find the fuel filter :( although my owners manual says change fuel filter (including in tank). I'm assuming there is two that's why it's stated in the manual but so far I looked here and there in engine bay don't have.
If out of tank, Usually either in engine compartment or under the car.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh yea, I checked with a auto spare parts shop in Taman paramount near Al ehsan mamak. That guy say the fuel filter for NCP93 costs around 200 bucks. *Gasp*
Try buy off spare parts shop and DIY change it. Usually a lot cheaper

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
eh... you did ask a spare parts shop.. whoops. If it's 200 bucks, then maybe you should ask around.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
any round cylinder black metal thing bolted at the firewall in the engine compartment?
Backtrace the fuel hose from the fuel rail to search for the filter in the engine compartment.

From my experience, OEM Toyota / Honda / Nissan parts are very pricy. U can get replacement from reputable brand such as Autonas for less.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Outside of the tank filter are usually cheaper. In the tank filter some comes with the pump....

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
eh... you did ask a spare parts shop.. whoops. If it's 200 bucks, then maybe you should ask around.
any round cylinder black metal thing bolted at the firewall in the engine compartment?
Backtrace the fuel hose from the fuel rail to search for the filter in the engine compartment.
From my experience, OEM Toyota / Honda / Nissan parts are very pricy. U can get replacement from reputable brand such as Autonas for less.
Thanks guys, appreciate it, I'm gonna search around some more. Gonna check out autonas as well

I've checked the firewall that side started tracing from the fuel rail alll the way to the underbody then to the fuel tank.
Don't have anything that is cylindrical shape or fuel filter like how I've seen online.

I think dugong only have intank fuel filter..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks guys, appreciate it, I'm gonna search around some more. Gonna check out autonas as well

I've checked the firewall that side started tracing from the fuel rail alll the way to the underbody then to the fuel tank.
Don't have anything that is cylindrical shape or fuel filter like how I've seen online.

I think dugong only have intank fuel filter..
Harder to change and probably more expensive too.......

Kevinho

Known Member
Mar 4, 2018
Puchong
I'm gonna put some hopefully useful information over here for intank fuel filter replacement just in case some one like me trying to search up on DIY stuff.

There's a clip underneath the sit that can be taken out but have to be careful not to brake it

54e51b5.gif

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I am having difficulty in removing very very stubborn water spots on my windscreen. This is what i've already tried

1. white Vinegar 100% strength leave it for 5 mins.
2. Meguairs Water spot remover by hand and by rotary buffer
3. Clay with opc and meg's quik detailer.
4. scraping it with my finger nails. Doesn't come off!!
5. Meg's ultimate compound by hand.

Any advise is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience