[DIY] Change a fuel filter

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi all, just wanna share how to replace a fuel filter on AE111 4AGE engine. I think AE101, AE92 and 4AFE engine would be the same.

p/s: The pictures I took is reverse order (installation process to remove process). But I tried to explain it in removing order.

1-Remove fuel hose at bottom of the fuel filter. 14mm nut

2-Remove fuel filter holder at the side of the body. 10mm nut

3-Remove fuel hose at top of the filter. 17mm nut

4-As we can see here yellow Ron95 petrol has turn to black and maybe clogged injector too.

5-New fuel filter on the left.

6-New filter on the right.

After change to new fuel filter, my butt can feel my car more responsive.

Attachments

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
actually a few weeks back.. i've change my fuel filter on my KE70..

does this DIY will spill fuel?

mine did..

just checking :biggrin:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
nicely done...i got 1 suggestion though...if you can include the price of the part will be beneficial of everyone else...

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
actually a few weeks back.. i've change my fuel filter on my KE70..

does this DIY will spill fuel?

mine did..

just checking :biggrin:

Only fuel in fuel rail spill a bit

nicely done...i got 1 suggestion though...if you can include the price of the part will be beneficial of everyone else...
That fuel filter cost me RM35. I think a bit expensive.

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Actually can use any car fuel filter as long same size. Mine is using proton wira for 4age. Its cheaper

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
yer la bro. just notice that wira fuel filter almost same but cheaper. next time I'll find wira fuel filter also

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
I dont know how frequent to change the fuelfilter. But whenever I felt the engine is lack of power and the fuel filter already used for a year maybe, then I'll check the fuel filter.

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I just change out an old fuel filter for my 1991 Saga Auto 12V Carb to a new one i bought.
I think the filter is as old as the car, looks dirty. Maybe the previous owner never change it.
So after change the fuel filter, i felt no different, damn!

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
I just change out an old fuel filter for my 1991 Saga Auto 12V Carb to a new one i bought.
I think the filter is as old as the car, looks dirty. Maybe the previous owner never change it.
So after change the fuel filter, i felt no different, damn!
IMHO...fuel filter does nothing to increase the performance...just the fueling efficiency dropped...like the original post said...if the fuel injectors is clogged up ...then you can feel the sluggishness...

but since you on carbs...better do both...change the fuel filter and clean the carbs...then might feel some different...with new fuel filters...the carb cleaning intervals also can be extended...

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Does changing a fuel filter for a carb engine makes the car eat more petrol or less?
Now i felt like ever since i change the fuel filter, my FC is higher than b4 and there
is no noticeable performance increase. Doh!

I tot a clean fuel filter could help save fuel coz each time i read the top 10 tips to save
fuel, sure it will mention about fuel filter. Maybe it just apply for EFI cars and not carb.

And now new finding says that a new air filter wont help save fuel for EFI cars.
As for carb, that still applies. Maybe the mixture for carb already fix, so if less air
from a dirty air filter, u run rich. As for ECU cars, it will calculate and rebalance
the A/F mixture, like less air due to restriction from dirty air filter, then less fuel
will put into the mix, u get performance drop only maybe and wont run rich
but if some sensors is spoilt, ECU could get fool too to run richer or leaner.

Just my thinking, i could be wrong.

Last edited:

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Nola bro, this black petrol was poured out from the old fuel filter of his car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yo all sifu,
I would like to ask y'all about...
is really LSD gear need to use specified gear oil like 'indication' of different brand...
What I'm trying to ask is...can LSD g/b use normal gear oil???

Thanks for viewing & reply!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience