Discuss About Your Car...

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
Mitsubishi Airtrek turbo 2004 - Car cannot start and the system keep reset when I switch on the engine. Anyone face this problem before..?? if yes, please contact me: 012-4981238 and I'm from Penang and now help needed from expert to narrow down my car problem. Btw, I did changed Ari-flow Sensor, idle Sensor 6 months ago....

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
did damaged to starter, but already fixed n changed the part a month ago.... As you know the original car key there got sensor right, we only can switch n start the engine after the sensor detected(beeps sound trigger when detected the sensor). Now, the problem like when turn the key n the car try to start the engine, but somehow the system look like detected something, cut off the electric n reset the sensor detection again. It wont allow me.to.start engine...

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
did damaged to starter, but already fixed n changed the part a month ago.... As you know the original car key there got sensor right, we only can switch n start the engine after the sensor detected(beeps sound trigger when detected the sensor). Now, the problem like when turn the key n the car try to start the engine, but somehow the system look like detected something, cut off the electric n reset the sensor detection again. It wont allow me.to.start engine...
i think you better explain everything in detail..... the way you have described things is very confusing... right terms should be used otherwise we over here would be making incorrect assumptions.

1)"cut off the electric"
-please explain what do you mean... whole car goes off? radio, trip meter all reset? cause thats what cutting off supply means. Complete cutoff.

2)"n reset the sensor detection again"
-i dont understand.

3)"beeps sound trigger when detected the sensor"
-also unclear what you are referring to... do you mean the ignition key reminder?
if yes, that means nothing.. its just something that detects the presence of a key

4)"original car key there got sensor"
- do you mean immobalizer, if yes and is not working, it does not 'cut electric'. all it does is not engage the starter.
-if this is the case... wiremen can bypass it alltogether or you can go back to mitsu to get a replacement... prepare a fat wallet

Last edited:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
It does sound like an immobilizer issue. Best take it back to Mitsu SC. You can call your insurer's towing service. I believe it's free

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
now car at workshop, they said not electric supply to starter even switch the key on, found the battery going low n low... still checking what is the problem now.... if anyone face the issue before, please call me...
Send to Mit SC, did plan before if still cannot fix inthese 2 weeks will send there... thanks your advise....
Btw, anyone know where got expert workshop for This type of car on Butterworth/BM?

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
now car at workshop, they said not electric supply to starter even switch the key on, found the battery going low n low... still checking what is the problem now.... if anyone face the issue before, please call me...
Send to Mit SC, did plan before if still cannot fix inthese 2 weeks will send there... thanks your advise....
Btw, anyone know where got expert workshop for This type of car on Butterworth/BM?
Last time i exp similar problem on a waja.when i try to start, all light will either flicker or everything will shut off. If i kept trying, it will shut off when the key is at ON position.

What i do is remove the fuse one bh one and try starting the car.The car still refuse to start when all fuses have been remove leaving just the ecu and tcu fuse. hence it must be the starter as that is the only thing receiving current both at ON and Start. replace the starter and my problem is solved.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Last time i exp similar problem on a waja.when i try to start, all light will either flicker or everything will shut off. If i kept trying, it will shut off when the key is at ON position.

What i do is remove the fuse one bh one and try starting the car.The car still refuse to start when all fuses have been remove leaving just the ecu and tcu fuse. hence it must be the starter as that is the only thing receiving current both at ON and Start. replace the starter and my problem is solved.
I agree with Bro gunnerzz. Since your starter was recently repaired/replaced, that would a fair place to start tracing