Discuss About Your Car...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Might as well keep stock since your son also wants to take over......lol:biggrin:
Yeah, there's one worry too. If I allow him to drive to school, I guess it will be rather risky. Ya know, youngsters like showing off. Even though not really as powerful, still over 200hp can be quite fast.

If my dad gave me a car like that in my teens, I think I would be king of the road back then... hahaha..

Attachments

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hehehe, all I need is a really dark tint. :cool:

You can do that? I really never thought that's possible. How so?
Yes, 2nd layer tint. But when choosing a 2nd layer, factor in the darkness of your VKool together with your 2nd layer. Too dark and it'll be a bitch to drive at night.

Yeah, there's one worry too. If I allow him to drive to school, I guess it will be rather risky. Ya know, youngsters like showing off. Even though not really as powerful, still over 200hp can be quite fast.

If my dad gave me a car like that in my teens, I think I would be king of the road back then... hahaha..
Ya but imagine how cool a dad you'd be to him and all his friends. And secretly install a ETC and set the throttle response to eco. Hehehe

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur

Sweet car, super clean!
Yes ego would be an issue with youngsters nowadays... What my dad taught me when I was learning to drive was some defensive driving and emergency braking. They were 2 of the most useful things that I've learnt so far and are actually applied everyday. He told me "If you ever want to go fast, make sure there is nobody around you and never risk other people's life." It's always in my head now whenever I wanna pull something silly.

Yes, 2nd layer tint. But when choosing a 2nd layer, factor in the darkness of your VKool together with your 2nd layer. Too dark and it'll be a bitch to drive at night.
Right I'll take not of that. Do any of the tint shops do 2nd layer tinting or just specific place? Recommend me if you have one in mind, appreciate your help. :smile:

Ya but imagine how cool a dad you'd be to him and all his friends. And secretly install a ETC and set the throttle response to eco. Hehehe
Or you know like cars nowadays, Valet Mode. :rofl:

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Honestly, it's actually a very good suggestion man!

Even now in secondary school, his friends always wanted a ride whenever my wife picks him up after school.

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Sweet car, super clean!
Yes ego would be an issue with youngsters nowadays... What my dad taught me when I was learning to drive was some defensive driving and emergency braking. They were 2 of the most useful things that I've learnt so far and are actually applied everyday. He told me "If you ever want to go fast, make sure there is nobody around you and never risk other people's life." It's always in my head now whenever I wanna pull something silly. :rofl:
Your dad has taught you well, bro.

When I was at my son's age (that's 30 years ago!), I was riding my Yamaha Super 88 kapcai like a faggot. The exhaust was cutout entirely with compression increased and all other silly mods. The rear license plate number can only be seen by pilots (facing upward to the skies) and all the lamps were tinted (with spray paint). Those were the days... and I must say, my son inherited my interest and hobby. hahaha..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I don't think it's new... So I can't do it?
v-kool is the best so far, I think you should not remove it. Putting a darker layer over it is fine but I think it's a waste, honestly. And you will be prone to JPJ threat (hahaha) whenever you see roadblocks.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Being a cool dad is one thing but you might be regretting it later. I think a bit dangerous to give him such a car to school. It's rwd over 200hp with relatively sharper response than normal cars, so it's a recipe for disaster in the hands of young boys. if I were given such a car when I was high school, I'm 100% sure I won't be here now talking to you all! I mean of course the decision is yours but if I were you I won't until he is really mature and good at driving.

Installing ETC as such also would not last long and would not be good for him too. First, he will notice how come it's so sluggish?? He won't be that stupid. Then he will check and eventually find out, so no use.

I'm also approaching the similar situation as you and my choice now is a Swift Sport, either ZC31 or 32. That car is small, relatively powerful, manual gearbox, quite zippy so will be fun enough for them, looks cool and hip enough so won't embarrass them, FWD and has 6 airbags so relatively safer and easier to handle too. Then the price is still affordable for me, so it's the best choice so far.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Being a cool dad is one thing but you might be regretting it later. I think a bit dangerous to give him such a car to school. It's rwd over 200hp with relatively sharper response than normal cars, so it's a recipe for disaster in the hands of young boys. if I were given such a car when I was high school, I'm 100% sure I won't be here now talking to you all! I mean of course the decision is yours but if I were you I won't until he is really mature and good at driving.

Installing ETC as such also would not last long and would not be good for him too. First, he will notice how come it's so sluggish?? He won't be that stupid. Then he will check and eventually find out, so no use.

I'm also approaching the similar situation as you and my choice now is a Swift Sport, either ZC31 or 32. That car is small, relatively powerful, manual gearbox, quite zippy so will be fun enough for them, looks cool and hip enough so won't embarrass them, FWD and has 6 airbags so relatively safer and easier to handle too. Then the price is still affordable for me, so it's the best choice so far.
Yup bro, totally agree with you. I did tell him that I will be sitting beside him whenever he drives the RX-8 and there's no way for him to drive alone to school. On the other hand, he will most probably going to the university with his sister alongside (they're only 1 year apart) and the HRV will be the choice for sure.

On the other hand, I feel that any car can be as dangerous. Even street cars like Myvi can be driven really fast and equally dangerous. I've seen them overtaking me when I was driving at 160kph. Sigh... but like you said, being mature is important... young hot blood boiling is the culprit.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Right I'll take not of that. Do any of the tint shops do 2nd layer tinting or just specific place? Recommend me if you have one in mind, appreciate your help.
Any tint shop will be able to do it. If you have a friend who can recommend it can be done anywhere. There's this shop some folks here have recommended - Cannycool. The shop I go to is in the midst of moving (Petes audio) so they won't be able to entertain you right now. Otherwise I'd recommend them.

Honestly, it's actually a very good suggestion man!

Even now in secondary school, his friends always wanted a ride whenever my wife picks him up after school.
If I'm not mistaken, there's a way to lock the ETC into it's position. I can't remember if it's something that's available in any ETC or something, I think I saw one that is password protected.

Personally though - if it's concern, I'm sure you'll be the one to personally teach him to control his car / emotions when driving. Kids pick up after the adults they are exposed to afterall. And make him pay for maintenance if he's driving it. Once they feel the pinch they'll treasure it more.

You have a teenage kid too? Wow.. you guys all have it made. Swift sport parts are expensive. I think I saw someone talk about in the other thread. And he/she would need to know how to drive manual. :biggrin: Haven't met a millenial yet who doesn't mind manuals.

On the other hand, I feel that any car can be as dangerous. Even street cars like Myvi can be driven really fast and equally dangerous. I've seen them overtaking me when I was driving at 160kph. Sigh... but like you said, being mature is important... young hot blood boiling is the culprit.
Speaking of which I noticed whenever I drive my wifes Myvi people on the road become automatic assholes. No one cuts me off (that much) or pretends I'm not there whenever I lug around the Innova or my earlier cars. It's a Myvi thing I tell you. Never buy a small car for your kids. Apparently they'll get bullied a lot.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Izso, yeah bro, teaching them to control is the right thing to do, just like s.marz's dad. Preventive is better than protective and corrective.

Eh, what car are you getting ar? I still dunno leh.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Any tint shop will be able to do it. If you have a friend who can recommend it can be done anywhere. There's this shop some folks here have recommended - Cannycool. The shop I go to is in the midst of moving (Petes audio) so they won't be able to entertain you right now. Otherwise I'd recommend them.
Hmmmm very well then, I'd give them a visit whenever I'm free. Thanks btw!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why Bird Poop Etched on our paint

"Question: How long does it take for a bird dropping to etch paint?

Answer: A few minutes." Mike Phillips

"Remove Bird Dropping Etchings ASAP!
It's important that you remove a bird dropping off your car's finish as fast as you can before it can cause any damage. Bird droppings contain Uric Acid and Uric Acid is corrosive enough to eat past a coating of wax or paint sealant and then begin to etch your car's paint."...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience