different btw L2 and L5

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
can anyone here list the current L2 and L5 model available in malaysia, prefer jb and kl

wat is the diff btw L2 and L5 ? i just cant differentiate it...
thanks for ur support,
i was planning to convert my 660AT to L2/5, without the bodykit, cos i dunwan any hasssle with the money face traffic, i just want power and stable ride, i was planning to increase the power of the engine after converted, how many hp is the max for L2 nad L5, any sifu here can guide me?

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
hi bro,correct me if i'm wrong
different btw l2 n l5 is l5 twin cam engine,l2 single cam
both hp r oso same 64 hp.

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
L2 comes in 3 cylinder...
and L5 in 4 cylinder..

4 cylinder more stable..and less vibrations..
but the parts are not that easily available compared to an l2
while with the l2 u can easily get parts as u can use a lot of parts from perodua..

all l2s are sohc..
but not all l5 are dohc there's one with sohc as well..
as which is which i dunno la..
u can easily check it out with ur mech or the one selling the halfcut ma..

i think an L2 auto would be sufficient for ur need as an l5 is a bit more expensive than an l2..

im no expert.. perhaps you should look for malice or equinox.. there's another guy who transplanted an auto l2 in his kancil.. but i forgot his nick..

trxx

Known Member
May 9, 2005
ask supertec88 or what 1 more guy forget .i also palaning change 850 to l200z terbo. mt la baru kuat ma... actually is downgrade . hehehe

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
thanks for the comments, if compare to mod engine, which 1 is more suitable and stable?
how many hp can i get if i use td04?
erm, will it over 120?
thanks

trxx

Known Member
May 9, 2005
td 04? what model ?some old ppl in acfk have 1 l5 or l2 forget already ..can go up to 200 km/h .ask the melaka guy

NightRaider

Known Member
Feb 27, 2005
KK, Sabah
Hi Bro,
Just to share..differents is L2 comes in 3 cylinder and L5 in 3 and 4 cylinder..Plus There's also NA L5..

As for prices L5 cost much expensive than L2 due to the fact of hard to find parts for L5..

For performance..If you like speed driving go for L2 and if you like cruising but still with power go for L5..Don't worry about gearbox always can change manual to auto and vice versa..

Important thing to know is that L2 use timing belt and L5 use timing chain..

Anything else you wanna know can ask all the sifus here..thankyou and have a nice day...cheers..

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
howiechoo said:
thanks for the comments, if compare to mod engine, which 1 is more suitable and stable?
how many hp can i get if i use td04?
erm, will it over 120?
thanks
120hp on a kancil????
huaaaa~!!!!
scary wei...
tat's like twice the ori horsepower..

trxx

Known Member
May 9, 2005
i take l200 s trxx tripple X . hahaa but many ppl dun like dunno why ?why eh ? is it too old ? ppl all 1 L500 L 900 and moderno.

yeah plz explain also the version of mira got moderno ,avazanto , hello kitty edition ,mashimaro edition ? whats this , fake1 or really got in japan sepacial edition model ?

trxx

Known Member
May 9, 2005
yeah scary also standard kancil my 1 last time can go to 115km/h only cause factory tuning .then air cond on if off maybe 120 they cut the speed max .dunno why .dangerous man .u no performance part ?strut bar, lowered ,wahhh... after kena tok pui jek with other car ,... dun worry press NOS==>

lostdesigner

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
alien said:
120hp on a kancil????
huaaaa~!!!!
scary wei...
tat's like twice the ori horsepower..
can what... easier if u can find a storia x4 halfcut.. stock hp is 120... stock boost is 1.2 bar... if u compare the ptw ratio.. it is the same as EVO7... coz it is a
rally car la brother... so if u can find one here.. then go and buy... oh i forgot the halfcut price is as the same as a brand new kancil... so make ur decision...

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
Ok, list of difference:

1. L2 3 cylinder single cam 12 valve / L5 4 cylinder twin cam 16 valve
2. gearbox final gear ratio L2 is higher than L5 (Means L5 has got more pick up but bad top speed)
3. L2 block is cast iron & L5 is alloy block. (Basically, L2's block is much more sturdier)

Advice:
Pros L2:
If looking for all out powers, a L2 is a better deal because of its block being sturdier than L5. If going for big turbo, L2 is oso better being that the piston's physical size is much bigger therefore displces much more gas to spool big turboes. Moreover, spareparts are ever ready whereby not to say L5's parts can't be found but need time to source.

Pros L5:
Much better technology. Me being a L5 user can say that a L5 can't be tuned much. Being of an alloy block, the engine is very snesitive against heat. I blew one up bfore, therefore speaking from experience. However, both engines are rated at 64hp but the L5 reaches its peak torque & hp much more earlier than a L2 therefore the car in stock is actually abit faster. I have draged a quarter mile with a L2 using TD04 bfore and won. not that i my car has got more power but, its just that when the L2 reaches its peak torque & start to catch up, we ran out of roads.

Long story short:
For impressive numbers & tnability, got for L2. If just want an ineterstting drive around bends & hills, L5 is a better deal. It peforms much better when kept stock.

Cheers

trxx

Known Member
May 9, 2005
really man got the gear ratio for both of this ?compare chart with stock and turbo kancil vs mira or maybe mira vs move. is move a diffrent system ? can fix on kancil ? take l9 engine man !! hehehe1.3

daihatsu FANS