De-carbonising engine

andlfloh

Oct 16, 2006
Any sifus have experience in decarbonising car engines? Does using bottles of cleansing chemicals work as claimed - whatever the brand?

Any reliable mechanic to do this service in Klang Valley?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Any sifus have experience in decarbonising car engines? Does using bottles of cleansing chemicals work as claimed - whatever the brand?

If full of carbon, best is to do top overhaul and get it cleaned out.....

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

what car are you driving bro ?
how old your car ?

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
me oweys use d-carbo brand.

really nice product for me.. has been tested on my waja (4x) n kembara dvvt (1x)..

fc much better. engine smoother..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
but im abit sceptical bout this dcarbo.....like vr2turbo mentioned, the best way is to get it top overhauled.
once i tried x1r on my toyota LE, at last the engine was jammed. after that day i banned all engine additives.

andlfloh

Oct 16, 2006
Waja 2002. Mileage 130k

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

If full of carbon, best is to do top overhaul and get it cleaned out.....
Do u judge amount of carbon by the mileage done? 100k km and above needs top overhaul, even with regular oil change plus filters.

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
thats like 11 years ready rite.as our sifu's are suggesting here, i too would say its the best for you to go for a overhaul . better option .

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Waja 2002. Mileage 130k

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Do u judge amount of carbon by the mileage done? 100k km and above needs top overhaul, even with regular oil change plus filters.
Do you have any problems? If not, I will leave it. To check you can also go for compression test before you open the engine up. If all piston compression are good, no need to do anything...

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

but im abit sceptical bout this dcarbo.....like vr2turbo mentioned, the best way is to get it top overhauled.
once i tried x1r on my toyota LE, at last the engine was jammed. after that day i banned all engine additives.
X-1R lube additive or fuel additive. Got people swear they work...:biggrin:

aHLengChai

Known Member
Aug 21, 2006
my car waja 2001.. when i put that dcarbo into my engine. milleage was circa 160+-k km..

and my dvvt kembara 105+-k km..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Acts like metal conditioner. Should not jam the engine....use before also but did not find any benefit...
IMHO... better use tufoil than x1r...

back to topic... use it once, it felt lighter in response (the old engine, before swapping hafkat engine la)

one of my fren did 'decarbonizing' his engine (wira 1.3), but not dcarbo la since that brand does not exist at the time... then got to an argument with his 'uncle-type' mechanic... then the pomen decide to disassemble my friend engine head FOC... he said, for an engine with 100k++ mileage, the head looked rather clean... but not enough

...then the uncle proceed in giving proper top overhaul just to be sure

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
IMHO... better use tufoil than x1r...

back to topic... use it once, it felt lighter in response (the old engine, before swapping hafkat engine la)

one of my fren did 'decarbonizing' his engine (wira 1.3), but not dcarbo la since that brand does not exist at the time... then got to an argument with his 'uncle-type' mechanic... then the pomen decide to disassemble my friend engine head FOC... he said, for an engine with 100k++ mileage, the head looked rather clean... but not enough

...then the uncle proceed in giving proper top overhaul just to be sure
100k km is relatively still new. Nowadays with proper OCI, engine can last a long time. I would not open up the engine, unless got problem....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Track aficionados will have another toy at their disposal with Audi lifting the lid on its TT GT4 racer that will make it to production in 2012. The turnkey racer will supposedly be priced reasonably to appeal to a wider track audience.

Power will be provided...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience