Daddys club

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
This thread is dedicated to all the daddies out there. This is a place where we can share our experienced on handling our children and how we cope during our wife was admitted to the hospital and during the period of labor.

My wife was admitted to the hospital on Thursday morning. She's having a slow labor. I visited her again this morning and her dilation was quite slow until today it's only 3cm but her contraction is twice in 10mins or less. Our doctor does not recommend doing a C-section unless her water broke and the dilation is still not wide enough for the baby to come out. It really breaks my heart to see her in such a pain all I can do is comfort her and mentally support her and bring her food and accompany her as much as I can. This is our 1st child and the doctor said it's usual for the 1st baby to take have a slow rate but I believe this depends on individual as well.

Today doctor will be checking on her again on the dilation and will be giving her oxytocin to speed up the dilation process.

Last edited:

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Congrats and be patience. Stays with her, she needs you during this time. Soon the baby will be here and next things you know she/he is getting married, it is that quick. Trust me.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
CONGRATS bro on ur coming 1st born..it is definitely d best feeling a guy can have trust me I have 4 already hehehe..

Anyway my experience...my wife was in labour for 12 hrs before our 1st born was delivered..yes bro it's a bit heartbreaking to c d kind of pain they have to go thru but believe me when I say this..once d baby is out it makes all d waiting worth while..my 1st born had complications..doc said she had her cord wrapped around her neck..it was a very tensed n worrying moment for me n my wife..but we knew we had a good n capable doctor (still it was extremely painful to think)...cut things short..she had to be delivered via vacuum (a process where a vacuum like apparatus is inserted to slowly suck d baby out)..it was a very critical moment..once d baby's head was out d med personnel had to quickly (n extremely carefully) cut d cord which was around my baby's neck..in d end thank God (alhamdulillah) she was born into this world (we called her 'conehead' for a while coz her head looked like Dan akroyd's in his character from d same-name movie hehehe)..now she's a teen n it never fails to shed a tear in my eye every time I think about it bro..(my 2nd child had complications s well s she was delivered via forcep...called her 'scarface'..fortunately my 3rd n last child was born without any complications)...

Thing is bro..we x imagine or put ourselves in their shoes n say we know how our wife's feel coz we will never know..what we can only do is just be there by their side offering unconditional support..physically n mentally...believe me bro it helps a lot..yes occassionally we do get problems (a test from d Almighty) but it makes it all worthwhile when u can c ur baby's face...I have 4 n I cried in joy at all d deliveries..:)

So bro just hang in there..offer ur wife endless support..n I pray a safe delivery..God bless u,ur wife n ur coming 1st born..

Take care..:)

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
congrats bro...welcome to the world of sleepless nights...

in my case, first one my wife have to endure 12 hours from the point she detected blood while urinating in the morning up to delivery. and yes the "opening" is a slow process...a friend of mine the doctor even send them home first since the progress is too slow...

second child slightly easier...just 5 hours...compared to the first one...

just hang in there bro...

vyruzj

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
Welcome to fatherhoood :)

My first child delivered on the 15th April this year. My wife was in induced labor as we have passed the estimated delivery date. She had to endure 12 hours of pain. I understand how you feel and also felt helpless at the same time as there is nothing much we can do other than being beside my wife. After 12 hours my wife had only 4 cm opening even after the water bag broke. When the doctor came to measure the cervix, he had a shock that he could feel my boy's fingers! Immediately he called for c-section as it could not be delivered naturally.

Thank god everything was in good hands and i was holding my baby boy 30 mins after my wife was sent to the operation theater.

Stay strong bro~!

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
They are noisy,smelly and expensive........ and they don't come with instructions either.

I got 3 of them myself.

After the labor, your journey begins.

Congratulations!!

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
a line from a great record I love;
"And if I have kids, I hope that it was stressful
But worth it in the end because they all became successful"

pazzie

Expecting my 2nd child in couple of months ;)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Thanks for the support guys. The doctor will be doing another check at 12:30pm I hope the opening can increase. Her pain now is getting even more closed and longer period. I can only follow up the the doctor at this time.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Thanks for the support guys. The doctor will be doing another check at 12:30pm I hope the opening can increase. Her pain now is getting even more closed and longer period. I can only follow up the the doctor at this time.
Pls do update bro :)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Congrats again, brother.
Hang in there, she is in pain now but after delivery and after a while she will be thinking of second one......
Yah! for most the first one usually takes a little longer...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
She's going into the delivery room at 3pm. Doctor said her dilation is good now. I feel very excited and anxious too. I just pray that she and the baby is good and healthy.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
congrats bro....welcome to the club....
when your wife gives birth, stay beside her...it helps alot. but dont think u are allowed next to her if she need to be c-sectioned.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
She's going into the delivery room at 3pm. Doctor said her dilation is good now. I feel very excited and anxious too. I just pray that she and the baby is good and healthy.
Congrats bro...pray mother n child safe n healthy

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Last year I had the opportunity to detail this church van, as prepared her to transport VIPs, but a year later.... but the interior need to be detail….. exterior still looks great ..thanks to the Transportation team

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com/2009/08/polishing-van.html

Reason being heavily used for transportation & so huge to look after....

Reason being fequently used & so large to care for...i have fequents...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience