Dad sow the seed of speed in son for first time w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The bond between father and son is something that often escapes the boundaries of words, shaping memories that last a lifetime and not to mention moulding the man that the son will probably grow up to become.

More often than not, cars seem to be the pivotal point of memories growing up with dad. It could be that first memory of sitting in the car with your dad at the wheel or the first driving lesson he gave you. Sometimes, if you’re lucky, dad could just be an autocross junkie and your fondest memory of time with him could be getting flinged around in the passenger seat as he wrestles his car around some cones in a car park.

This is very much the case here as the owner of this Chevrolet Corvette Z06 couldn’t think of a better way to spend a weekend with his son. Clearly hoping to sow the seed of speed in his junior, dad straps him into the passenger seat, pops a helmet on his little head, as well as a neck brace, and starts recording.

The little kid definitely seems to have a bright future in the petrolhead ranks if his reaction is anything to go by. Hit play to watch memories being made.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5SKOlYTb7Z0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Source: YouTube

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
more than 20years ago my dad did exactly the same to me....

in rally car.... :adore:

thanks dad...now i'm speed junkie also :driver:

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
Thanks my dad brought me into car world, thanks my uncle brought me into track junkie and wangan worrier, and thanks my cousin for brought me into car mods! since i was 7!

julian.jules

May 31, 2009
Neck braces can be bought at the local kart shop, as they are commonly used by the junior karters and in Klang Valley........OMP at Rosedie's, Sparco at Speedzone, BatuCaves and maybe Momentum, Sunway.

If you serious, a helmet which is lighter to suit a child neck is also available. ( also mandatory in some kart races here )

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
one day when this boy father is no longer with him, he will realize how precious this moment would be... one damn good video... priceless... To all dad's out there, learn something from this video.. salut!!~

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
eh...dis is no fair......my dad sorta did d same thg 2 me years ago w his Ford Laser 1.5S hatch.....but now whnever i go racing(proper as in track outing,autocross,drag event).....he dun like it..hey,it's not my fault wat?HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA...........................

ZeroDet

Known Member
May 21, 2009
KL
my arwah dad also did it to me
in his toyota KE30
no aircond maaa...
twisted old gombak road to KL..

thanks dad!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone,

May I know what technique is this called? The guys Pimp My Ride often mix flakes with clear lacquer before spraying it over the existing finish. Do most spray shops in KL/PJ do it? How do I ask for it if I want to have it done on my car and can it be sprayed over the existing paint?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience