• ASX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HRV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 18, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,

I text drove all four above SUVs. I would rank them in this sequence ASX, HRV, CX5 and X-Trail. However, i want to hear from you guys in terms of performance and easy maintenance. I read few negative comments about X-trail about CVT. HRV is too new in market and wonder if someone give some feedback about it. Few commented CX-5 is better in term of performance compared to the rest. However, it is bulky and quite old fashioned. Quite number of positive feedbacks on ASX except some commented it is quite sensitive car in term of maintenance. I read few blogs but most of them are old postings. Thus, i need your feedback on this. :confused::confused:

REgards,
Jayy

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
i didn't test drive those SUV...and never intent to..

my opinion is just merely opinion, not a fact...

ASX is similar to Lancer (engine and drivetrain)
CX5 with its new skyactive have the edge...

HRV are the smallest..still new...
Xtrail are the biggest...previous have a good 4wd...not sure abouut 2wd version...

in this sequence, CX5, ASX, Xtrail, HRV

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Jayy, I assume this will be your daily drive. If so, just buy whichever makes you feel happiest to drive. I could tell you the XTrail is the easiest to maintain but if it doesn't make you happy to drive, kinda pointless.

All 4 choices here are not easy cars to maintain. The Mazda is is a Mazda, meaning parts are expensive. But the CX5 got chosen as 2014 (or was it 2013) best SUV for a reason. If you don't like the best of the best, then this car isn't for you.

The Nissan is a Nissan, meaning there are a thousand things to maintain. Things not usually affecting other brands, this Nissan will have it. I mean, like the alternator pulley, this isn't something you normally think about. But it's a big deal with Nissans. The CVT isn't a problem since they have already started to add coolers and it's not hard to add one too.

The Honda is a new Honda, probably not enough on the road to really gauge how good or bad it is. But so far all the reviews I've come across, including yours, everyone is saying its a great drive. But it's the smallest car in the list you've pointed out.

I personally like the ASX. Being a very anti-SUV car guy, saying I like the ASX is a big deal. Maintenance however I don't know much except it's under Proton. I like the way the car drives but it's bloody noisy compared to the competition here. Road noise insulation is crap. But handling and all, it almost drives like a car.

Anyway, these cars are all personal preference. Since you can consider these cars, maintenance shouldn't be too much of a hassle as long as you follow the intervals and hopefully didn't get a lemon car.

G'luck

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
asx and hrv is too small...

i would suggest the Subaru XV :driver:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I was about to say the same thing. Sat in my friend's one and love the ride. However is the Boxer engine more expansive to maintain?

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Jayy, I assume this will be your daily drive. If so, just buy whichever makes you feel happiest to drive.
I agree with bro. Izso. Get the SUV you like, and especially the one you like to drive, not what others like....:biggrin:

Jayy

Jun 18, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Izso.... Yeah end of the day choose the one we like but wanted to get some feedback to avoid frustration later :biggrin: Looks like all 4 has some pro and cons .... Appreciate for your time to give some thoughts.
Jayy, I assume this will be your daily drive. If so, just buy whichever makes you feel happiest to drive. I could tell you the XTrail is the easiest to maintain but if it doesn't make you happy to drive, kinda pointless.

All 4 choices here are not easy cars to maintain. The Mazda is is a Mazda, meaning parts are expensive. But the CX5 got chosen as 2014 (or was it 2013) best SUV for a reason. If you don't like the best of the best, then this car isn't for you.

The Nissan is a Nissan, meaning there are a thousand things to maintain. Things not usually affecting other brands, this Nissan will have it. I mean, like the alternator pulley, this isn't something you normally think about. But it's a big deal with Nissans. The CVT isn't a problem since they have already started to add coolers and it's not hard to add one too.

The Honda is a new Honda, probably not enough on the road to really gauge how good or bad it is. But so far all the reviews I've come across, including yours, everyone is saying its a great drive. But it's the smallest car in the list you've pointed out.

I personally like the ASX. Being a very anti-SUV car guy, saying I like the ASX is a big deal. Maintenance however I don't know much except it's under Proton. I like the way the car drives but it's bloody noisy compared to the competition here. Road noise insulation is crap. But handling and all, it almost drives like a car.

Anyway, these cars are all personal preference. Since you can consider these cars, maintenance shouldn't be too much of a hassle as long as you follow the intervals and hopefully didn't get a lemon car.

G'luck

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

The XV isn't that much bigger la. The XV boot is useless if you have back seat passengers (not 3rd row if it has one). Last time I went to see the car I brought along my baby stroller and it wouldn't fit in flat, it had to be standing up. Wtf. Didn't bother test driving it after that. Having kids is a pro and con man. Pro later on you'll have someone to do all the chores for you and your legacy can continue on in them. Cons is everything you do has to incorporate them into the picture, meaning less choice. Hence my Sylphy.

Thanks Izso.... Yeah end of the day choose the one we like but wanted to get some feedback to avoid frustration later :biggrin: Looks like all 4 has some pro and cons .... Appreciate for your time to give some thoughts.
So have you decided? Please let us know

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The XV isn't that much bigger la. The XV boot is useless if you have back seat passengers (not 3rd row if it has one). Last time I went to see the car I brought along my baby stroller and it wouldn't fit in flat, it had to be standing up. Wtf. Didn't bother test driving it after that. Having kids is a pro and con man. Pro later on you'll have someone to do all the chores for you and your legacy can continue on in them. Cons is everything you do has to incorporate them into the picture, meaning less choice. Hence my Sylphy.

TS mentioned CX5 bulky mah! so means he wants something smaller. Not all wants big space like you........hahhahahhaha

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I was about to say the same thing. Sat in my friend's one and love the ride. However is the Boxer engine more expansive to maintain?

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I agree with bro. Izso. Get the SUV you like, and especially the one you like to drive, not what others like....:biggrin:

newer boxer engine (FA20DI/FB20DIT) use direct injection and timingchain...so atleast no need to worry about timingbelt.... :biggrin:

direct injection also saves fuel....

the cvt in subaru also among the best....

yeap XV not that big...but atleast that's what i tought fit for the TS.....

there is reason why i stick with first gen forester SF5 instead of much newer car :driver:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Not sure if you read my review Jayy and I hope it helps:
Honda HR-V Review: Top 10 features we love – that you should know about. | Zerotohundred.com

For me personally, If one were to live with a certain car, I think there's more in choosing a car than just looks, space, fuel effiiency or value.

I place tons of priority in the actual drive, the sensation I get when driving, sounds, noise, comfort, harshness, gauge the degree of it then decide if I can live with them, then there are the looks, the specs, the actually usable features it has etc.

good luck

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
How about forester?

In terms of interior, the forester is lacking.

But it offers full time awd and it also tops the safety rating.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
How about forester?

In terms of interior, the forester is lacking.

But it offers full time awd and it also tops the safety rating.
forester's fc not really favour us malaysian.... especially the turbo model :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have u ever spotted a ZTH (ZeroToHundred) car on the road...with our very own zth sticker...

1) Found one blue wira with intercooler...zth sticker on the rear top mirror...near SS15 roundabout...

how bout u guys...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience