convert lancer to evo

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
hehe sorry to ask...but...can lancer 1.6 (as attach at here) convert to evo7 or 8 bodykit..front and rear-including there rear door that have the outer outline....hehe?100% look alike....thanks need some opinion....

Attachments

Last edited:

haslam

Dec 18, 2004
can be dne but must buy headlights, fenders, bonnet and bumper......evo rear doors shud fit but the rest is cut evo body and paste back.... u need 5lugs and brembo brakes to complete the set......... intercoolers to finish it off..... to be more precise.... side skirts.... dash board with the diff lock button... and evo meters........ also need evo steering wheel.....total cost??? to confirm it runs like an evo 4g63...... u figure!!

harimau belang

Jul 9, 2010
Johor Bahru
Also interested, but IMO, u can do the xternal first. At least, they dont know ur car is SOHC 4g18. Me? if I have extra budget, I go for a metal plate weld on my car body than using fibre. Yes u must buy front rear bonnet, front rear bumper, front headlight, rear tail lamps, rear passenger door (2 unit), four unit spacer for four tire to make it wider like ori evo, a set of plastic sheet atached below fender and lastly some bodypaint work. Depends on ur budget, u can buy it at halfcut or order from japan. 5 lugs, of course, ur choice of new rim are not limited. And remember, only use 17 inch wheel with 45 number

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
i think this one can use same engine as evo 4-6 not sure about the more advanced ones though :confused:
Body part need E7 - E9 engine wise can use E4 - E9. Some mod needed as some of the items are screwed slightly differently since this body is the CS series. E4-6.5 is CK series. Engine can plonk in easily but the other stuff might need sum few adjustments, but since u dun need to do anything to the engine mount I believe it should be an ez fit. Front lamps and rear lamps might need sum adjustments try to source full cut for ur transplant so that u can compare both body when u strip them bare naked. Some gringing or sum drilling definitely needed.

Btw do consider ur budget and the outcome u want from this transplant, for E7 current market is around RM 90-105k for a Lancer CS price might be 2x - 4xk ? Not really sure as even Lancer CK I see people can sell RM 3xk while used car offer 1x - 2x max.

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
yeah thanks Solty8 ..im considering by the lancer glx 1.6 and convert the bodypart to evo7..saw lastime at mudah full evo7 bodykit including the rear..hehehe

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

NAMURA HYAN try this link hehehhe....dunno ok or not...

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
yeah thanks Solty8 ..im considering by the lancer glx 1.6 and convert the bodypart to evo7..saw lastime at mudah full evo7 bodykit including the rear..hehehe

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

NAMURA HYAN try this link hehehhe....dunno ok or not...
As seen in the site, u need to do sum cut and weld on the rear, front mebe u can source the fender and bumpers from evo 7 - 9. I hope u get good price for the parts and the Lancer CS at good price too, else it might be better to straight purchase a Evo 7. U haven't get a Lancer CS ? Or ur already an owner of one ? :confused:

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
im considering on buying 2nd car evo wannabe...i now own civic 2005 and wira with evo3 engine(not yet register...hehehe) so now wanna sell my wira and buy new sports car...

Last edited:

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
im considering on buying 2nd car evo wannabe...i now own civic 2005 and wira with evo3 engine(not yet register...hehehe) so now wanna sell my wira and buy new sports car...
wira with evo3 sure 100% kenot register edi max is gsr, so mebe u need to sell off ur engine then mebe car. Unless u got jalan. Mebe u can try to find evo 4-6.5 if ur lucky around 50k+ u can get edi ori evo if convert from Lancer CK mebe 40-50k if ur luck if got desperate seller 3x - 4x oso can get.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
wira with evo3 sure 100% kenot register edi max is gsr, so mebe u need to sell off ur engine then mebe car. Unless u got jalan. Mebe u can try to find evo 4-6.5 if ur lucky around 50k+ u can get edi ori evo if convert from Lancer CK mebe 40-50k if ur luck if got desperate seller 3x - 4x oso can get.
better to get an ori evo to experience the feel of a 4wd sports car
if lancer convert 99% of the time will be 2wd and even the ones full convert to 4wd wont be able to pass when it comes to inspection time
so buying a converted lancer would be just like proton with evo engine inside
just my opinion :rolleyes:

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
better to get an ori evo to experience the feel of a 4wd sports car
if lancer convert 99% of the time will be 2wd and even the ones full convert to 4wd wont be able to pass when it comes to inspection time
so buying a converted lancer would be just like proton with evo engine inside
just my opinion :rolleyes:
True true, just got the same outlook as evo. That's why I ended up going for GSR instead of evo engine. :rolleyes: Full time 4wd n ayc means more things to maintain, power will divide to 4 wheels if convert to FF then front will have more power but u might lose cornering ability of 4wd. It's really big diff if u drove b4 4WD ori and FF if convert it depends on how good a job is done and how well the parts are maintained.
But proton and lancer got abit diff, not sure bout inspira vs lancer gt, but if wira, waja vs lancer cb or ck i can vouch got big diff. :biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
True true, just got the same outlook as evo. That's why I ended up going for GSR instead of evo engine. :rolleyes: Full time 4wd n ayc means more things to maintain, power will divide to 4 wheels if convert to FF then front will have more power but u might lose cornering ability of 4wd. It's really big diff if u drove b4 4WD ori and FF if convert it depends on how good a job is done and how well the parts are maintained.
But proton and lancer got abit diff, not sure bout inspira vs lancer gt, but if wira, waja vs lancer cb or ck i can vouch got big diff. :biggrin:
hehe yeah thats why i would suggest going for the evo 3 original
no AYC lah this lah that lah just a pure 4wd system with rear LSD :biggrin:
and also front LSD in certain models

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo....anyone know where the best place to mod bumper in penang....i would like to go n add bodykits...for iswara.......pls gv me some opinoin where is the best place.....izit RABK and LC is the best???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience