Which would you go for?

• Continental MaxContact 6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not sure how much PS4 cost as the size that I'm using, 235/35/19 for the front doesn't have PS4 but PS4S. But yeah, hopefully it will be around the same as MC6.

However, no one mention about the wear rate of FK510. To me, anything with 20k to 25k KM is good.

But if FK510 is not far off from Extremecontact sport, I'm sure conti is the better option right?
Nope, MC6 is much cheaper than PS4S coz it's also lower class tire. MC6 is claimed to compete with PS4 but even that I'm not really convinced yet. PS4S though is the king of the hill, the most expensive too!
FK510 has tread wear rating of 300 so surely should last more than 25k km. I'd expect it at least to reach 40-45k km with normal driving, probably even more.
Yeah probably the Extreme Contact is a bit better than FK510. So it's a matter of whether the price difference is worth it or not. Extreme Contact is supposed to be in same class with CSC6 and PS4S so a bit higher class than PS4 of FK510.

Hmm 235/35/19, my first guess your car is the A45/CLA45 AMG, is it correct? :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If Continental ECS and FK510 are about the same price, you would still go for FK510?
Of course if price same or near each other I will take the Conti. ECS is Max category and FK510 is UHP.
Actually MC6 here when they launch they pit is against PS4 but in UK tyre review, MC6 category only in Premium Touring Summer, where PS4 is Max category, which is 2 category up....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Of course if price same or near each other I will take the Conti. ECS is Max category and FK510 is UHP.
Actually MC6 here when they launch they pit is against PS4 but in UK tyre review, MC6 category only in Premium Touring Summer, where PS4 is Max category, which is 2 category up....lol
Yeah that's why I'm still skeptical about the MC6 coz the claim that it's can be match PS4 only comes from Continental Malaysia marketing! As you know marketing can talk all kinds of BS to sell. In the product positioning chart in Continental you can actually also see that the MC6 is not really true UHP yet despite their claim.

I think PS4 is still more in UHP as well so same with FK510 and CPC6, that's why in review comparisons they are often match up together. PS4S is supposedly in max, pitted against CSC6 & ECS. But honestly the difference between this 2 categories seems very marginal also as they are also often mixed together in comparison whereby sometimes the UHP class may win. Some tires like the F1 & PZero are always included in both these categories too. Only Michelin and Continental now seem to slightly differentiate between these 2 categories with their PS4/PS4S and CPC6/CSC6 & ECS. So for me, I just simplify it and put them all in UHP only. Extreme ones like AD08R or RS3 then would be more pronounced difference.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But in the video you shared earlier, which I have posted above, the tester did mention PS4 have very slight difference from PS4S. He was mentioning those who are using 18" which do not have PS4S can use PS4....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
But in the video you shared earlier, which I have posted above, the tester did mention PS4 have very slight difference from PS4S. He was mentioning those who are using 18" which do not have PS4S can use PS4....lol
That's why I said, the difference between the so called UHP & Max category is marginal and they're often mixed together. In that video, the reviewer also use the term UHP and not Max.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's why I said, the difference between the so called UHP & Max category is marginal and they're often mixed together. In that video, the reviewer also use the term UHP and not Max.
Max was added to filter out the top UHP ones, It was ok for a while, but of course through time gets mixed up.....lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think the top brand top tyres were there, maximum performance on dry and wet. Then probably other brands want to be in also.....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2018-Sport-Auto-UHP-and-Track-Day-Tyre-Test.htm

For the street, I always value wet performance (braking & handling) over dry, as I feel when it’s dry, things are more predictable than wet. Again for street driving not track racing.

The FK510 seems to consistently score quite high for wet performance. If the price is 20% less than PS4, they truly are a worthwhile alternative.

Reactions: gunnerzz and 6UE5t

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2018-Sport-Auto-UHP-and-Track-Day-Tyre-Test.htm

For the street, I always value wet performance (braking & handling) over dry, as I feel when it’s dry, things are more predictable than wet. Again for street driving not track racing.

The FK510 seems to consistently score quite high for wet performance. If the price is 20% less than PS4, they truly are a worthwhile alternative.
Yeah agree, wet performance is very important for street tires especially for us who live in places that can often rain heavily, that's why I also still shy away from extreme category tires. This test proves that point as the extreme track ready tires are all significantly lagging behind in the wet while their dry advantage has become smaller compared to the best UHP/max category tires like PS4S and CSC6.
The S1E2 also performs very well in that test, neck and neck with FK510 with a bit better dry and slightly lesser in the wet.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, agree. My tyres used usually are good in wet too. For dry I find even less performance tyres can already perform quite well. In the wet that is where the better performance tyres breaks away from the lesser performing ones....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Mini name will be echoing in the rallying world once again after the iconic brand made a return to the World Rally Championship (WRC) with the debut of their Mini Countryman WRC at the Rally Sardinia last week.

Although the marquee, which has tied up with Prodrive for their rally team, will only be participating in some of the rounds of this year’s calendar as a refinement step before going for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience