Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like new

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like

Why car now needs so many sensor one? My car got no sensor (got la a bit like airflow sensor, temp, gb sensor, abs sensors and that it is. Normal I don't use those sensors because I use my own sensors which were 'manufactured' decades ago by my dad - that is me, my eyes, my nose, ears, my legs and hands even my butt, not 100% precision and accurate but reliable and work better and better as years gone by.
How to use? Well, I check my radiator once every few days as my eye sensor detects the temp gauge is moving up a bit, I check the tyre pressure once a week or immediately when my butt sensor detects weird handling, I open the hood if I senses noise or no pull from the engine anymore or check the brake or any suspension link when my right leg sensor detects vibrations as i brake. I check the noise source when my ear sensor detects some weird noise. Basically my sensors do not need replacement (need la sometimes to gorek abit my ears and nose to clear the piling shit once in a while).
So lots of sensors in a car as if you're flying a F22 is a good things? Tyre pressure sensor are you kidding me? I agree with ixeo la, more sensors in car more worries and more parts to replace.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Re: Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like

Some cars are having rain sensors and god don't even know why someone invented it. So some sensors are actually doesnt serve any purpose...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Some cars are having rain sensors and god don't even know why someone invented it. So some sensors are actually doesnt serve any purpose...
COZ humans are getting lazy, lazier, lazier.
Rain sensor walao, just flip the wiper stick right? And also a button for defogger?
Watched wall-E before?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Why car now needs so many sensor one? My car got no sensor (got la a bit like airflow sensor, temp, gb sensor, abs sensors and that it is. Normal I don't use those sensors because I use my own sensors which were 'manufactured' decades ago by my dad - that is me, my eyes, my nose, ears, my legs and hands even my butt, not 100% precision and accurate but reliable and work better and better as years gone by.
How to use? Well, I check my radiator once every few days as my eye sensor detects the temp gauge is moving up a bit, I check the tyre pressure once a week or immediately when my butt sensor detects weird handling, I open the hood if I senses noise or no pull from the engine anymore or check the brake or any suspension link when my right leg sensor detects vibrations as i brake. I check the noise source when my ear sensor detects some weird noise. Basically my sensors do not need replacement (need la sometimes to gorek abit my ears and nose to clear the piling shit once in a while).
So lots of sensors in a car as if you're flying a F22 is a good things? Tyre pressure sensor are you kidding me? I agree with ixeo la, more sensors in car more worries and more parts to replace.
Every human is different for people like us the petrol heads we are more sensitive to the sound our car makes but not everyone is a petrol head and have superman like senses to make sure all is good. Even for petrol heads sometimes we miss our hit also.

We need to look at the good sides of sensors also not just the bad side. Just take a few examples,
-sensors help our engine or gearbox from blowing up if something went wrong (limp mode).
-sensors help technician to quickly and accurately determine the source of problems rather than like the old days where we need to guess here and there or determine the source via working experience on the same car.
-sensors help tuners to tune your engine accurately and not causing it the blow up also and to make the engine perform at it's optimum.
-sensors also takes away some of the burden from the drivers eg. ABS. Not all drivers have defensive driving skill so ABS is there to help.

Because there are some people who don't turn on their wipers when it rains. Rain sensor is there to solve this problem so does the auto lightning sensors. Because got lazy people that's why all these sensors were invented for the good of others so that the good people won't bang into these lazy people who don't turn on their headlights at night and not let those who don't turn on their wipers when heavy rain bang into the good people. Understand?

All the new sensors that is invented is going towards the direction of vehicle safety for the cars and the people and cars around it. Just look at Volvo.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

COZ humans are getting lazy, lazier, lazier.
Rain sensor walao, just flip the wiper stick right? And also a button for defogger?
Watched wall-E before?
You are right, that's why those engineer is adding and inventing new sensors to safe live because they know by just relying on enforcement of the police or the driver is not enough hence they built in all these into the car so that the car will become smarter and smarter. Plus sensors will never miscalculate or lost track

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

They should invent a sensor for people who have handicap fingers that can't turn on their signal lights when they turn...that will be good.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

They should invent a sensor for people who have handicap fingers that can't turn on their signal lights when they turn...that will be good.
you invent la....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

All these sensors and electronics do look nice and cool when the car is new. But after like around 10 years later, I don't think anyone wanted to buy these cars as 2nd hand car anymore. Imagine the repair cost if the sensors keep malfunctioning after one and another.

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

To look at European obsession with sensors, reminds me of the urban myth about how NASA supposedly spent millions to develop a pen that works in zero gravity,

when the Russians use pencil.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

you invent la....
If only I can....I would. :smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I personally like the idea of sensors. What I don't like is sub-ECUs controlling each and every part of the car that's all interconnected to the main ECU. And should your power window fail - can't start car. That would suck.

But looking at how Audi builds their cars, a friend just recently sold off his 12 year old A4 and it was running like a dream. Easily beat several cars in terms of comfort and was great highway cruiser. Only thing is you'll need to spend on servicing and nothing but the best parts if you want it to last. To me, I'd rather spend RM400 on a genuine Mitsubishi engine mounting rather than a RM180 OEM compatible brand for my Wira. Mitsubishi parts just last longer.

Besides, you're paying for the luxuries. Having said that, the headlight and rain sensors I can do without.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I personally like the idea of sensors. What I don't like is sub-ECUs controlling each and every part of the car that's all interconnected to the main ECU. And should your power window fail - can't start car. That would suck.

But looking at how Audi builds their cars, a friend just recently sold off his 12 year old A4 and it was running like a dream. Easily beat several cars in terms of comfort and was great highway cruiser. Only thing is you'll need to spend on servicing and nothing but the best parts if you want it to last. To me, I'd rather spend RM400 on a genuine Mitsubishi engine mounting rather than a RM180 OEM compatible brand for my Wira. Mitsubishi parts just last longer.

Besides, you're paying for the luxuries. Having said that, the headlight and rain sensors I can do without.
My wife's boss from Cefiro went for the Audi (few years back). Had slight accident on front bumper park 2 months waiting for parts. Within a year the central locking failed and he was locked in.....hahaha. Can't remember others issues as it was in and out of the Audi service. Got fed up sold after 2 years now on Lexus....:driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

My wife's boss from Cefiro went for the Audi (few years back). Had slight accident on front bumper park 2 months waiting for parts. Within a year the central locking failed and he was locked in.....hahaha. Can't remember others issues as it was in and out of the Audi service. Got fed up sold after 2 years now on Lexus....:driver:
Fuuhhh..central locking fail..imagine it fails during your urgent need to go to the loo. :rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Fuuhhh..central locking fail..imagine it fails during your urgent need to go to the loo. :rofl:
ha! ha! he was already fuming when was locked in.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I guess I'll just stick to Toyota and other JDMs :proud:
Still more reliable and less hassle compare to continentals with too many sensitive sensors....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I guess I'll just stick to Toyota and other JDMs :proud:
Still more reliable and less hassle compare to continentals with too many sensitive sensors....
But my friend's Estima with the auto door close also had his share of problems but at least not always....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i here tat n got c it the member here of nickname by (GTR2579)
got sell the engine 4G91 1.5 TWIN CAM,but is carburetor?????
who here got c before?? is it same power of fuel injection??
which 1 better? coz my car is satria 1.3 carb,hear tat say no need much thing coz there also carburetor,only change engine n jpj register tat all,so wats ue answer is???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience