codes for mivec rs?

cucutokmex

Feb 19, 2014
Penang
Hye all...
I juz wanna to know the difference between the two model of mivec 1.6/4G92... CA4a CB4a is the 1st model of mivec right? And CJ4a CK4a is the second model of mivec n it is the RS engine? How do I know the different of this engine? Do they have the codes?

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Let me see..past experience with this... MIVEC RS have a titanium valve spring, different camshaft timing and degree, and if stock air intake it'll be obviously different,. Normal MIVEC usually comes with a silver top from the halfcut and the RS comes with a black top (If the owner change then i dont know because 4G92 will be 4G92 when it comes to the coding).. And o yah, if u buy the mivec RS halfcut with the ECU attached, the ECU number should be - 7035,The normal MIVEC ECU is 4828. Try putting it the wrong way, and your engine will be sluggish, try it before... The RS Mivec kicks in earlier than the normal one, and if u use the normal ECU mivec with an RS engine, the engine is a total junk. Mivec will come in 5K plus on the RPM. Just speaking from my own experience.. not wrong to ask the other sifus.

cucutokmex

Feb 19, 2014
Penang
Like Vtec I know the different between the small Vtec n the big Vtec. But in this situation I ask alotz of people who using Mivec n the answer is "I don't know because I don't care rather RS or not." What they know only driving the Mivec... I just wanna to know the codes because I don't want to be cheated by the halfcut shop... by the way thankz alotz with your information. .. if u have any knowledge about Mivec u can teach me coz I am newbies. ..

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Ohhh!! if halfcut shop then easy la..Black top and silver top will set you apart.. That's all.. And the ECU as well. Trust me you won't get cheated..you can know...And usually the halfcut which come from the Mirage cyborg Z i think and lancer MR that one is the RS. And if u wanna buy from chop shop, first,ask the courtesy to open and look at the cam. The cam will be written 'R8' or 'RB'..i cant recall... But if theres no written on the cam means its just a normal Mivec.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
as for all mitsubishi halfcut/car...

RS means rally spec....

that is when the car came out from factory only kitted with basic trim inside and outside....and mostly comes with steel rim...but plus point is normally they have rally spec. suspension and drivetrain which is a step above stock setup....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my future Mivec CK engine (Auto) ECU code is 5299...what does this means...?
That is the model number of the ECU. Like my VR the 200 and 220bhp model code is different but can be switch between and used, however the 240RS cannot

Neo_Mivec

Jan 21, 2015
Shah Alam
Let me see..past experience with this... MIVEC RS have a titanium valve spring, different camshaft timing and degree, and if stock air intake it'll be obviously different,. Normal MIVEC usually comes with a silver top from the halfcut and the RS comes with a black top (If the owner change then i dont know because 4G92 will be 4G92 when it comes to the coding).. And o yah, if u buy the mivec RS halfcut with the ECU attached, the ECU number should be - 7035,The normal MIVEC ECU is 4828. Try putting it the wrong way, and your engine will be sluggish, try it before... The RS Mivec kicks in earlier than the normal one, and if u use the normal ECU mivec with an RS engine, the engine is a total junk. Mivec will come in 5K plus on the RPM. Just speaking from my own experience.. not wrong to ask the other sifus.
my ECU code is 5299 mivec cj4a (acond system is the knob style)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys please help me... my car n13 got problem at the left driveshaft... when i want to reverse got 'tok 2' sound. it can be louder when i reverse to a higher place lar.... so worried la... my mech also 'pening' oledi coz when i bring to the workshop the sound suddently dissapear la... dunno la wethter it's a black magic or what...

or is it because of my attitude that like to corner at high speed with the standard suspensions system....? and also my brake system coz last time i had to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience