Clutch Recommendations

semutapi

Known Member
Feb 19, 2005
We always hear about standard clucth(round) and racing clutch( 3 puck).Have
anybody know about touring clutch( 6 puck,8 puck)?

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
Udeng/Mie,

never tried the ek9 clutch before, is it easily available? any idea how much?

J101,

the price u mentioned at amoil? thanks for sharing man!!

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
i changed from b16a (ek4) clutch to b16b (ek9) clutch, then it feels better a bit ler...not sure whether they are really physically different or it's just "psychological" ler...heheh..anyway, b16b clutch available from exceptional auto at subang jaya...forgot how much hafta check the receipt back, but definetely cheaper than exedy organic cause i was comparing between the 2 of 'em last time...oh yeah, while u're doing your clutch, why not change to lighter flywheel sekali...if u havent done it yet ler...

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
Clutch difference

You could try the EK9 clutch set as you use it for the daily grind to work. It grips better than the stock B16A ones as there is a diference in pressure plate size. The stock B16A pressure plates should be around 8.3 inches in diameter whereas the EK9 pressure plate is 9 inches in diameter. Thus the gripping would be must better than the stock but slightly below the exedy 3 puck ones.

I have just only changed my exedy clutch set to the Ek9 ones, wanted to go back for the exedys but the thought of really fast wearing on those exedy's made me change my mind and I decided to try out the EK9 clutch set. And yes, the feel would be "lighter" if compared with the exedy ones.

Just my 2 cents.

oh, btw the EK9 clutch set can be bought for about RM750.

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
udeng,

any idea about the difference in organic and ek9 clutch? hope to know the pricing soon, kinda interested. whoa!, not that i'm not interested in others, but..have to keep some room to breath...else mati kena asthma(tarak duit)

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
vyndicator,

thank you for the swift reply, whole set for RM750(plus installation?) herm...seems that the price is near the exedy ones...may i know how long your exedy last?

udeng,
is exceptional auto offers cheaper than RM750(plus installation)?

apologies for so many questions, since i'm going to change my clutch very very soon..

vtecD

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
go go alimy...
then loan me ur car on weekends nite only..
i wanna go nilai3..buy curtains...keh3...

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
exedy semi racing last queit long...last time i use a second hand one.....after 1 year++..still no problem...then i swap my engine ......clutch use brand new OEM ler now...

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
darkfibre,
i believe you didnt mention what sort of gearbox you are having at the moment.
yes, the price may differ from small vtec(cable) and big vtec(cable/hydraulic) gearbox for exedy.

exceptional at SS14 is just a walk-in shop like Lin Hup Seng, they dont do mechanic works i reckoned.

if you want to get a good deal, prolly u can try N1 or AMOIL(JC) to fix it on the spot. buy and siap-pasang combo.

DarkFibre said:
vyndicator,

thank you for the swift reply, whole set for RM750(plus installation?) herm...seems that the price is near the exedy ones...may i know how long your exedy last?

udeng,
is exceptional auto offers cheaper than RM750(plus installation)?

apologies for so many questions, since i'm going to change my clutch very very soon..

Last edited:

SePaT

1,000 RPM
Jan 8, 2004
what about trinity?? i heard lotsa good comments on it.. anyone using it??

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
Oderf said:
exedy semi racing last queit long...last time i use a second hand one.....after 1 year++..still no problem...then i swap my engine ......clutch use brand new OEM ler now...
yes agree with this. i oso bought my exedy second hand with 50-60% left. last month i open it n i notice it almost like when i got it. oh it about 5 months usage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Massive Crowd On First Day Of KLIMS 2006,

KLIMS 2006 - Kuala Lumpur International Motorshow 2006

Photos: Wong SW
Words: KLIMS 2006

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience