Clutch Recommendations

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
Guys,

need input on which type of clutch plate is recommended for a (daily driven+traffic jam) honda. pls dont recommend normal honda clutch, need advise on brand like Exedy, OS giken and others...

Appreciate those input in advance.....thank you guys!!

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
mie,

are u using those OS Giken? how does it feel? perhaps one day when i meet u, i'll be able to test the clutch, mine was heavy..

j101,

please enlighten me more on the exedy...the racing exedy is quite heavy...

appreciate all the comments..tq!!

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
i was quoting your traffic-jam and daily driven comment. if budget is unlimited, u can choose OS Giken or Ogura. heavy or not its based on your clutch pump and plates on the chosen clutch.

by level for exedy it would be

organic-->thick 3 puck-->thin 3 puck-->hyper single

for daily driven, the organic would be the best wear for buck clutch.

gunter

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
how much for the organic one ya? price range to change? thanks

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
J101,

i'm still new with the clutch thingy, you mentioned there are 3 stages before the hyper single, correct me if im wrong, does it mean the scale is from comfort to heavy?

not to say i have unlimited budget, but i wanted something in between std stock and good clutch bite...

appreciate all the comments....thanks!!

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
darkfiber,
they've made the clutch+flywheel combo to suit your engine power application. between stock and a good one will always be exedy. organic, 3 puck or hypersingle will be based on your power needs, budget and comfortability. more often ppl like to compare about long lasting and wear & tear. i see the fact if you pop vtec everyday, 100 runs on the dyno machine and big heavy rims, it'll definitely wear out in few months or even worst.

hattech,
yeah, precisely.

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
j101,
thank you for bearing with all my questions and the lengthy explanation, it seems that organic sounds good for me. any idea how much does it cost?

mie,
sorry cant join all of u on saturday...hope to meet u some other times..u still didnt answer on my OS Giken thingy...

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
i think 7XX both cover and lining. give them a buzz. it should take a day to get if they dont have stock.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

yp guys,
anyone can tell me how to diy installation of an open pod air filter, and do i need to retune by car?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience