Clutch Recommendations

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
DarkFibre said:
j101,
thank you for bearing with all my questions and the lengthy explanation, it seems that organic sounds good for me. any idea how much does it cost?

mie,
sorry cant join all of u on saturday...hope to meet u some other times..u still didnt answer on my OS Giken thingy...
eh.. sori overlook ur question..
i've no idea how os giken perform... coz i'm not using it...
its my dream clutch only.. hehehhee
but i believe it shud be better than those 3 puck clutch.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
DarkFibre said:
vyndicator,

thank you for the swift reply, whole set for RM750(plus installation?) herm...seems that the price is near the exedy ones...may i know how long your exedy last?

udeng,
is exceptional auto offers cheaper than RM750(plus installation)?

apologies for so many questions, since i'm going to change my clutch very very soon..
J101 answered your question to me oledi...heheh...but yeah, exceptional auto sells onli, not install...

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I have tried:-

Exedy racing cover + full face plate: Pedal pressure is usual exedy style which is quite heavy compared to OEM. Grip better than OEM and doesn't give the judder like the exedy 3 puck type. But 3 puck type grip is higher and faster respond.

Ogura Super Single: Pedal pressure is almost the same as exedy race cover, maybe even slighter lighter. Grip is fantastic with immediate engine respond and take off the moment you dump your clutch. But set back is when you clutch in, it's very noisy giving 'cheeeee' sound and driving in jam his real tiring as the moment you release the clutch it moves and without throttling it will bog down pretty fast and stall.

vyndicator

Known Member
Aug 5, 2005
Selangor
DarkFibre said:
vyndicator,

thank you for the swift reply, whole set for RM750(plus installation?) herm...seems that the price is near the exedy ones...may i know how long your exedy last?

udeng,
is exceptional auto offers cheaper than RM750(plus installation)?

apologies for so many questions, since i'm going to change my clutch very very soon..

No worries, glad to be of some help. Anyhow, back to your ques...

No, its should cost you between RM700 to Rm750 plus your clutch bearing. Labour should be around RM200.

As for my previous exedy, I wasn't using the organic ones, I was using the 3 puck ones, and I bought it for around RM900. It only managed to get about 40k mileage for that set. And that was only through normal driving and occational hard shifts.

So if you are looking for longer wear and tear, I suggest that you try out the EK9 ones I'm using now. But I myself can't say how long they would last, but one thing is for sure, it would most definately outlast the lifespan of the exedy 3 puck as the pressure plate for the EK9 are so much thicker compared to the exedy's.

Mellon@

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
if u r looking for a hyper single clutch

ogura: easier to drive around and pedal pressure are softer than os giken/cusco

os giken/cusco: a bit harder than ogura to drive around and pressure pedal are not than soft. BUT is just awesome!!

tired ogura and os giken still preferred os!

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
vtecD said:
go go alimy...
then loan me ur car on weekends nite only..
i wanna go nilai3..buy curtains...keh3...
haih?

want to buy curtain or want to curtain people? dont worry la...the car is not powerful...can drive along with ur car nicely...hehe..give me a call when free, love to meet up...

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
hattech-v said:
eh.. sori overlook ur question..
i've no idea how os giken perform... coz i'm not using it...
its my dream clutch only.. hehehhee
but i believe it shud be better than those 3 puck clutch.
do you mean in terms of performance or much lighter?

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
dear all,

currently i'm using exedy thin puck and it really wears my leg off during traffic jam. i wanted to explore new clutch as this one is really heavy.

i'm interested in trying ek9 clutch, anything i need to change other than my exedy clutch?

chris2000,
i experience the normal judder most of the time when manipulating in small places at very low speed...dem...ur recommendations?

j101/udeng,
appreciate the kind feedback....hope to see ur recommendations too...thanks guys..

hattech,
please recommend too...:)

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
"currently i'm using exedy thin puck and it really wears my leg off during traffic jam. i wanted to explore new clutch as this one is really heavy"

the reason i do not recommend ya other clutches is due to this statement. i also did not recommend you stock ITR and CTR clutch system. dont get me wrong for this. the clutch system that is better than stock and less leg-cramping is always been the exedy organic full plate or 3-puck. at least its aftermarket and affordable. do the routing distance of your journey daily and you'll get the idea which clutch is just nice to drive and fool around during the weekends. do take note that cable and hydraulic feeling is 2 different thing. so which gearbox are you using?

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
i had the similar dilemma also last time between CTR clutch or exedy organic...i drive hard occasionally only and dont wish to develop xtra foot muscle via heavy pedal....so finally i choose CTR ones cause that time it's cheaper than exedy...and i'm happy with it so far...honestly i have never tried the exedy so i can't give comparison between the 2 ler...btw, u might need to also change the clutch bearing...

DarkFibre

Known Member
Oct 6, 2005
J101,
U mention the less leg cramping will be the organic or 3puck, is it the thick 3 puck? since mine was the thin 3 puck...my current gearbox is b16a, with lsd...using big vtec engine...pls recommend..

udeng,
how's the ctr? i mean if u compare with stock honda clutches? btw, correct me if im wrong, do we have to change bearing everytime we change clutch?

appreciate all the input bro

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
ctr clutch compare with stock b16a...it engages quicker, with a little bit of shrudder n a little bit harder than stock, but not as much as aftermarket ones....very leg friendly..:biggrin:

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
If you like the grip in the 3 puck thin or thick, you will not find the OEM CTR any good in terms of performance. And if I not wrong the racing cover used in all exedy race clutch whether it is round organic, 3 puck thin or 3 puck thick, they are all the same. So theorically, whichever exedy you use, you will still find that heavy pedal mainly due to the cover. It is just that the Exedy organic you may not find the juddering when you dump clutch compare to 3 puck type.

Anyone tried the ATS Super single?? Heard that it seems to be very light and it claims that it doesn't have the 'cheeee' sound like Ogura.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
"Anyone tried the ATS Super single?? Heard that it seems to be very light and it claims that it doesn't have the 'cheeee' sound like Ogura."

i never had the chance to try any from the ATS brand. but driving around in kl or subang with the OS Giken Super Single is not fun to be honest :p

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm in this dilemma bfore. Nissan x-gear or suzuki sx4. 2012. test both.
becos my size, i can fit easier in x-gear. Steering just nice above my knee. Got space too.
Interior feels, sx4. But it can't fit me. :listen:
if i not comfort, i can't drive.
About performance, sifu's here will help you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience