Clutch Mod and Help!!

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
Yo ladies and gentlemen,

I'm suffering from clutch slippage now, i need a clutch that can sustain up to 300 HP or even better 400 HP if there's any future mod with only 8.5 inch flywheel + pressure plate + clutch, mainly using my car for working trip and daily drive.... OK now i have few options, let me elaborate below for my solution:

1) Get a single plate racing clutch, however i've just been released from hospital 6 weeks ago due to surgery on my left knee and i can't really press the hard clutch....price is around RM 1-1.5k which is affordable....

2) Get a twin plate clutch, some branded ones like ACT or Exedy or HKS will do fine and not so hard to press, but the price is really expensive around RM 3-4K....

3) Been informed that someone somewhere in this country can modify clutch, you'll just have to send them ur clutch, pressure plate and flywheel, they'll change and upgrade the clutch gripping area to a much powerful ones (dunno whether lorry or bus ones or not), and they'll modify the pressure plate too to suit the clutch they mod, also the flywheel is best we send them coz they might need to skim a lil bit coz the upgrade of clutch is just attaching a better gripping clutch which adds a few milimetre to the thickness.... and if u dun skim it, u dun have free play n can't change gear afterwards.... cost around RM 1-RM 1.5K and somemore can maintain lightweight clutch pressing which is good, the concept behind this is to extract the most help from the clutch plate and not the pressure plate itself, coz normally cheap single plate racing clutch depends on pressure plate to hold the clutch to the tightest strength in order to prevent slippage which makes it a heavy clutch.....

4) change to original 9 inch flywheel, MMC 9 inch pressure plate, and 9 inch clutch.... should be able to withstand up to 300HP but still unknown how long it'll last.....cost is somewhere in between around RM 2k + 2.5k, for this i need to remachine a lil bit on the gearbox housing to clear 0.5inch of new flywheels and pressure plates and clutch.....

sorry for the long post, so what is the best suggestion, i'm really headache now n i'm jus a poor guy.....

Last edited:

fct

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
kluang,jb,spore
1)a 8.5inch clutch is from 1.8 ltr na/mivec size. clutch(3 puck) itself + labour + bearing + gear oil = around rm 1200 better let ur leg get a rest,when it recover u may go for this option.
2)looking at the price, better forget it.
3)just forget it.
4)if u use a evo flywheel u need to modify a bit,but gsr one ok.the original spec clutch wont be last long.maybe u can try the 9'' exedy organic sport,how long it can last also a? mark.anyway,when it finish,use back the exedy sport clutch cover and get the trinity clutch plate.

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
my clutch is also slipping..
I suggest the first option as well..
as i am going do the same thing..
How much is an 8inch Exedy clutch set?
i need one as well..

lancer2626

Known Member
Jul 20, 2005
penang
kenneth see I told u b4...option no.1 is de best for u dude....

p/s: Thanks for accompany me yesterday for de dyno thing at northern garage..man i tell u got so much diff after retune back de SAFC
Jeff..WOC

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
lancer,

yo congratulations for getting a good dyno result!!! sure happy for u dude!!

fyi, i'm going for number 3 option, will try n c how....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any foreman here can advice me?

My spark plug lead has gone brittle and those rubber pieces are in my spark plug chambers.
Tried to take some out but I can't.

I am gonna change my valve cover gasket soon but i still can't access it.
Letting the rubber dropping inside the combustion chamber would be my last resort. :bawling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience