• Clio RS 200 EDC

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Megane RS 250 Cup

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Jun 12, 2020
Which one should I go for :adore:??

Both price range also around 70~80k

Maintenance wise which one will be easier to find part / cheaper?

Any issue to Clio RS EDC gearbox?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

It depends. If you're looking for a fast manual 2 door at the used price range, it has to be the Megane. As a serious hot hatch, it is almost unmatched by any other, power, grip, seating position. But you need to like the French quirks that come with it. Practicality wise, there's really nothing good to say. But still very fast, special and an enjoyable package nevertheless. Highly recommended for serious enthusiasts.

I've owned the clio rs edc for a couple of years. Superb small 4 door hot hatch, good looking. It is a bit small if you're okay with that. 200hp 1.6t is nice and more than decent. A bit laggy from idle but good response thereafter. With a flash, it'll even match the RS250 up to 4th gear. DCT is entertaining, quick enough and never had an issue with it. As a fast daily yes, but it still is a baby hot hatch so limits are reached more easily.

Reactions: omfgItzJoey

omfgItzJoey

Jun 12, 2020
It depends. If you're looking for a fast manual 2 door at the used price range, it has to be the Megane. As a serious hot hatch, it is almost unmatched by any other, power, grip, seating position. But you need to like the French quirks that come with it. Practicality wise, there's really nothing good to say. But still very fast, special and an enjoyable package nevertheless. Highly recommended for serious enthusiasts.

I've owned the clio rs edc for a couple of years. Superb small 4 door hot hatch, good looking. It is a bit small if you're okay with that. 200hp 1.6t is nice and more than decent. A bit laggy from idle but good response thereafter. With a flash, it'll even match the RS250 up to 4th gear. DCT is entertaining, quick enough and never had an issue with it. As a fast daily yes, but it still is a baby hot hatch so limits are reached more easily.
Hi Tom, thanks for your reply.

I think I will go for Clio RS as I am working in KL and going to daily use the car.

Megane RS a bit hardcore to daily usein KL

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Are you looking at used only? I think I've seen a few Meganes for sale and no Clios. That either means Meganes are sold because of issues and no one sells a Clio once bought, or no one buys Clios at all hence no one selling.

Personally I like how the Clio feels cuz small and compact, which I'm a fan of.

Reactions: Tom

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Are you looking at used only? I think I've seen a few Meganes for sale and no Clios. That either means Meganes are sold because of issues and no one sells a Clio once bought, or no one buys Clios at all hence no one selling.

Personally I like how the Clio feels cuz small and compact, which I'm a fan of.
Just have 1 black Clio on sale in mudah now.

• Haha
Reactions: Izso

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Also shows how arrogant the seller is. Even Evos and AMGs can still test drive and this is just a cheap Clio cannot test drive??? Lol give me a break!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How to buy without test drive. Even my hyundai I bought years ago from Sunday car mart, can still test drive before deciding......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Have go check it out just now, no test drive cannot drive to own workshop to inspection, only foreman come and look at the car :dontknow:.
Used car or direct seller? Sometimes you can ask the owner/salesman to drive so you can look for things in the car.

Is it manual or auto? What sort of auto? IIRC it's a CVT auto right? Don't ever buy a CVT car without a test drive. CVTs are stupid expensive to fix/replace.

Reactions: DNGFashion

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Used car or direct seller? Sometimes you can ask the owner/salesman to drive so you can look for things in the car.

Is it manual or auto? What sort of auto? IIRC it's a CVT auto right? Don't ever buy a CVT car without a test drive. CVTs are stupid expensive to fix/replace.
The clio rs edc is a dry dual clutch

One little issue with my ex clio was when reversing up an incline, there's a minor judder. Only in reverse, I can't say the same for other clios but as far as I've heard, the DCT seem pretty robust

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys... anyone know whether this aveo bodykit is available in Msia ?? especially JB and KL??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience