Civic fd1 front right side TUNGG..TUNGG!!

qloskx

Jul 17, 2010
JOHOR BAHRU
Hi.

My car make noise when i turn steering wheel to left or right, sound like spring want to take off especially when i turn my car into uneven road. My friend said its absorber mounting, some said bush. Please need help..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
To properly diagnose the probable problem, record a video/with sound when you are driving. Then post it up here so bro at ZTH can listen to the noise.
Kinda hard to imagine what "tung tung" sound is...

Try jack-up the car and check the undercarridge where the sound come from. Some sound can be traced if the car is off ground, but some make sound only be detected if it is on load.

qloskx

Jul 17, 2010
JOHOR BAHRU
uploadfromtaptalk1435901982864.jpg

This photo are my front driver side absorber mounting, its look like not in a good shape i can see got crack rubber. i also try to push car up and down and i see the mounting head got some play.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To properly diagnose the probable problem, record a video/with sound when you are driving. Then post it up here so bro at ZTH can listen to the noise.
Kinda hard to imagine what "tung tung" sound is...

Try jack-up the car and check the undercarridge where the sound come from. Some sound can be traced if the car is off ground, but some make sound only be detected if it is on load.
Yup, sometimes off the ground no more load no more sound....:smokin:

tung, tung, could be the springs. Probably the top mount no grease. I had that before in my previous car. Take out grease it, no more sound but not sure it is same problem....:driver:

qloskx

Jul 17, 2010
JOHOR BAHRU
Yup, sometimes off the ground no more load no more sound....:smokin:

tung, tung, could be the springs. Probably the top mount no grease. I had that before in my previous car. Take out grease it, no more sound but not sure it is same problem....:driver:
Ya la i think its the same problem with ur previous car..anyone here driving the civic fd or not?i want to know whether the good mounting shape got different or not with mine..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya la i think its the same problem with ur previous car..anyone here driving the civic fd or not?i want to know whether the good mounting shape got different or not with mine..

Since you will need to take out to grease anyway, do overall inspection, change the rubber mounting if you have to.....:driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If it moves even when pushed using hands then need to change the mounting.
Sometimes the rubber is still good but the top bearing is worn out.
Only way to test this is to remove the absorber and test the mount for freeplay.
With the car on the ground, we just cant generate enough force to replicate the problem.

I am about to replace the mount on my Waja if my pocket permit by today.
The rubber is still good but the bearing is worn out so tuk2 sound on rough road.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
TS, is the car modified in any way? Mods (on the suspension, bushing, using wide, bigger wheels, poorly repair work, etc) can cause problems as you have mentioned.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If it moves even when pushed using hands then need to change the mounting.
Sometimes the rubber is still good but the top bearing is worn out.
Only way to test this is to remove the absorber and test the mount for freeplay.
With the car on the ground, we just cant generate enough force to replicate the problem.

I am about to replace the mount on my Waja if my pocket permit by today.
The rubber is still good but the bearing is worn out so tuk2 sound on rough road.
My VR ones quite easy to see as most of the rubber mounting can be seen from engine bay. When worn it will harden and fine cracks will appear....:rolleyes:

qloskx

Jul 17, 2010
JOHOR BAHRU
Latest update, i just change absorber mounting. When they dismantle my absorber i see got scratch on my spring coil, spring coil rubbing car body. Sound still persist. I already try to pull the spring out to avoid hitting by lift the car using jack and pull the spring out, sound still have but lesser. I don't want to dismantle again and pay for alignment

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Latest update, i just change absorber mounting. When they dismantle my absorber i see got scratch on my spring coil, spring coil rubbing car body. Sound still persist. I already try to pull the spring out to avoid hitting by lift the car using jack and pull the spring out, sound still have but lesser. I don't want to dismantle again and pay for alignment

You change mounting should ask mechanic what is wrong?:confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifus'

last week i took my car to car wash centre n at first i intended to wash my car engine but there,i saw a guy just washed his perdana n he couldn't even start the car. when i went to check it out i realised that he didnt cover his air filter maybe this could be the problem i told him but he never bothered maybe im a girl whose advicing himlah!!! :D

then i decide not to even wash my car.

but if i were to wash my car engine what the tips or steps that i have to take in order to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience