Chinese Man Vows To Only Drive Cars Built In China After Crashing His Mercedes S350

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Earlier this December, Wang Zhan, a man in Luoyang, Henan Province of China, organized a press conference beside the banks of the Yellow River, aka the Mother River of Chinese people, where he vowed to only use goods made in China for the rest of his life. On June 5th, Wang’s Mercedes-Benz S350 rear-ended a DongFeng van. None of the S350’s airbags deployed, which resulted in Wang and his daughter visiting the hospital after the crash.

Wang then contacted Zhengzhou Star, the local sales company and headquarters of Mercedes-Benz China, about the airbag failure he encountered, but didn’t get a satisfactory answer. The banner Wang had in his hand read “Only use goods made in China for the rest of my life” and the one behind him read, “Mercedes-Benz, with over a hundred years of history, is a good brand in name, but not in reality.”

Quite surprising, but this is not the first time I have heard about airbags failing to deploy in German cars. Seems like they are loosing their credibility when it comes to safety and reliability. From the picture, I’m curious to know how the DongFeng van fared in the accident, and judging from how the Mercedes looks, it is quite obvious the driver was speeding, or is that just the crumple zone?

Source: Winding Road

Last edited:

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
Re: Chinese Man Vows To Only Drive Cars Built In China After Crashing His Mercedes S3

want a publicity .

parawisata79

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
Re: Chinese Man Vows To Only Drive Cars Built In China After Crashing His Mercedes S3

i think Merc have to make an investigation for the failure airbag, cos if im not mistaken, airbag sensor located at the front bumper (inner side).. but if u can see, front bumper not damage/crash, maybe thats why the airbag not funtioning when he got the crash.. correct me if im wrong..

cheers..!!

fathi_haziq

Mar 13, 2006

So he's saying he's only going to use China-made cars only? Maybe next time when he's in another crash, he'll probably won't even survive the crash because of the poorly built Chinese cars.

artnet

1,500 RPM
Jan 19, 2004
Sarawak
www.cardomain.com

haha.... he should try the volvo la...

Jordy

Known Member
Oct 28, 2006
Kuching,Sarawak

yeah i agree on that....china made car had actually fail on the test crash. guess next time when he drive a china made car after he had a crash...guess he won't be even able to talk anymore. About the crash on the merc car.... for what he drive so fast la... his fault for that also and why he complain on merc for the airbag?? Typical china man.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

this guy claims that he kissed the rear of a dongfeng van, but from my point of view it looks like he kissed a trailer/long haul instead, cos the front bumper still looks fine & the merc bonnet & roof was damaged. Airbags sensors are located somewhere near the front bumper & activated by seat belts...i thinkk hehe....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

I think he does not put on his seatbelt... :stupid:

case in point...I've seen "Vroom Vroom" last week or 2, when they crashed 2 Renault, one is th 1997 version and the other one 2006 version....

The 1997 version airbags are deployed but when they inspected the dummies, it didn't help much...plus the front end oso badly damaged...they even can't open the driver's door..

as for the 2006 version....the bumper was a total loss but the engine bay suprisingly intact...funny though...the airbags didn't deploy...when they inspect the dummies...no hard damage on them...as if the crumple zones absorb most of the impact...

one more thing...the espace (2006) got seat belt pretensioner...something that merc got right?

so...moral of a story...even you buy a Volvo...if you don't wear seatbelt....surely go hospital wan... :biggrin:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru

Wang Zhan needs to learn to drive his Merc properly.

I agree with papagoines on this. the impact may not be too severe in which the airbags didnt deploy (i-SRS systems have that intelligence)

And maybe he wasnt even wearing his sealtbelt (ooh, i drive the latest merc-luxo-barge, i'll be safe)

the DongFeng truck was just the crumple zone for the car. Look at the Merc on the flatbed. not much damage it seems.

perhaps the sensors didnt activate because he sondol the rear of the truck which is higher, hence expalins the substantial bonnet damage. the bumpers are intact. even the spotlites look spotless.

a bit offtopic: just yesterday, saw a dude driving in JB with his child on his lap. idiot.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

this guy again...last time bang BMW, now Merz...stupid idiot...

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006

haha i think this idiot wants to take 1 way ticket to heavan faster
want to drive back china made , wan die faster keke

drMpower

May 1, 2006

this is another taukeh from mainland china.

exploit cheap labour there, of course at the expense of his own country men/ women.

got rich (not that mega rich) and decided to buy a merc for showing his rich might. etc. etc. because to him, a merc symbolised the stature of a man and how success he is.

but, then out of (his fool) blue, merc crashed. himself hurt. suddenly the merce symbolised stature is not longer a principle. or he decided to play the blame game.

wonder whether he actually wear the seat belt or not. and who;s fault of the accident?

talk so much taukeh. better shut up and get on with life. u are lucky u are not hurt that bad.

if any of those horrible chinese cars, i'm sure you are history by now. dead.

444444444??????? stupid taukeh.

kenzo

6,000 RPM

if the germans take a look at the car, they will laugh, air bags would nvr deploy at such kinda accident, the bumper is not even crushed in, air bags are important indeed but not all the time, if just some minor crash also u want it to deploy, u might just die because of the air bags, yeah they are fatal at times...maybe he's just trying to bring down mercz name so more ppl would look into china cars, lol, people would still buy mercz lah, who is he trying to fool? lol...sau pei lah chinaman...

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007

this guy again...last time bang BMW, now Merz...stupid idiot...

Oh hes done it b4 ?

Well..what if his S class hit Mahindra? Or hit Kancil?

soundgateway

Jun 29, 2007
www.soundgateway.com.my

i think its just a gimmick to increase china' automotive industry credibility... and... demote german cars... wont make any difference if he changes to china-made cars.... never know if airbags ever deploy too...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At 5am UK time, Team Lotus F1 will be unveiling their latest machine this Monday to their subscribers and fans only before the world gets to see it. Subscription is free of charge and good before 31st of January. The Subscription automatically puts you in the list to receive their free but highly exclusive Team Lotus Notes magazine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience