Check engine light comes on after replace timing belt kit

santa_cruzze

santa_cruzze

Jun 1, 2018
hello sifus,
recently i replaced my car timing belt & water pump & coolant. But after driving@cruising for a while the check engine light(CEL) comes on and stay around 5-20 seconds then goes off. after a while the CEL will comes on again. i dont really notice the weird perfomance during the CEL on...what could be the cause? the mechanic did not install timing belt correctly? timing off?..or maybe some sensors? sensor fault during timing belt replacement? maybe mechanic broke any sensor during the work?...anyone experienced this b4?...i want bring to the car for diagnostic but i need some idea form anyone who experienced this situation b4 so i know what to expect & prepare...hehe...thanks...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
hello sifus,
recently i replaced my car timing belt & water pump & coolant. But after driving@cruising for a while the check engine light(CEL) comes on and stay around 5-20 seconds then goes off. after a while the CEL will comes on again. i dont really notice the weird perfomance during the CEL on...what could be the cause? the mechanic did not install timing belt correctly? timing off?..or maybe some sensors? sensor fault during timing belt replacement? maybe mechanic broke any sensor during the work?...anyone experienced this b4?...i want bring to the car for diagnostic but i need some idea form anyone who experienced this situation b4 so i know what to expect & prepare...hehe...thanks...
what car?

the installation could be done incorrectly.

Reactions: xtremeleo

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Best to diagnose as CEL can be anything. Problem is CEL always on probably got error code. Like my car after engine wash sometimes CEL come on but after warm up the CEL goes off and cannot find any error code

santa_cruzze

santa_cruzze

Jun 1, 2018
i already send the car for diagnostic this morning. only 1 error code found. it's "a/c solar sensor passenger side". so funny, doesnt happen b4 the timing belt replacement. is this sensor related when replacing timing belt? haha...beside that the mechanic also check the timing. all ngam & cun, no missing tooth, all lining mark ngam..all wires & sensors on engine side checked...but i still feel relief because there are no fault code from engine side..all seems healthy...tried to reset the error code but cannot reset..but the a/c still working fine, still cold..i guess i have to live with this CEL on sometimes..or maybe there hay wire to this sensor..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok I did some digging and it looks like you might just have a loose cable somehow. Perhaps what you can try to do is take out the sensor and see if it's plugged correctly or just clean the contacts with contact cleaner and see if that solves your problem.

Solar sensor for passenger side.jpg

Reactions: xtremeleo

santa_cruzze

santa_cruzze

Jun 1, 2018
is there an auto for Altezzas? I dunno the car well enough
yes...correct...altezza have auto mode...so the solar sensor will detect temperature from outside the car & compare it to the temp imside the car. so it will regulate temp inside the in auto mode

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
yes...correct...altezza have auto mode...so the solar sensor will detect temperature from outside the car & compare it to the temp imside the car. so it will regulate temp inside the in auto mode
Check the wiring for your sensor then. Might be loose or something simple