Cf2diy

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
CarbonFibre2DIY

:shades_smile: :shades_smile:

To those who would like to learn about DIY sticker's on any object...do make a quiry here. We have 4' x 5' CF adhesive foils for edge bending, good for shaping.
Interested to find out more, PM me.

Last edited:

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
CyborgR said:
nice stufff...when can i get my order :)
CyborgR, I'm afraid the respond was a bit slow because this topic was not loosing viewers when it ws deleted. Trust me that I will not leave you guys out. I'm just as impatient as you, bro. Hope you guys can make my topic active again, thanx.

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
Shared with us

Guys out there,

I'm sure many of you all would love to learn how to DIY your carbon fibre hood with stickers, right? By all means...do post up any enquiries on how to DIY or where to get the real good stuff....PM me, thanx.:shades_smile:

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
Direction 2 Buy

Guys, everyone has been MIA for quite a while, why, what's happening??

Anyway, if all u guys out there has lost the direction to look for me or the forum topic to buy the CF sticker....Simply, go to The MarketPlace>Exterior&BodyKit>Search>3D CF Very Good Deal and yuo will find me on how place an order or simply would like to see the sample visual. PM me.

Thanx, don't be square.:shades_smile:

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
integramania said:
Bro maybe you can share how you do it?
Bro, u r really supportive, thanx.

First is to get prepared with all the right tools.
1. Rulers (Preferably steel ruler)
2. NT Cutter
3. Squegey/Plastic card
4. Hot Gun/Hair dryer
5. Wrench

Preferably you cut the whole sticker to the closest dimension of your hood first, to save the balance if any. Then starting on the laminating, get the right wrench size to detach yur hood . Working on just the hood would ne much easier. Make sure the surface of yur hood clean from and dust or particles.
Place yur hood on anything stable to work on. Peel off about 6 inches only at the corner of the sticker for starting point of laminating and also to get the right adjustment. When peeling, fold the back paper like a triangle.
Place it right and press on the corner the with a squegey or a plastic card (credit card). Here, you start doing the slanting push with the card to smoothen the lamination. Go bit by bit, do not rush the pushing as it might creates air bubbles.
Then when there's any shaping of curves required during the lamination, prepare the hot gun or yur hair dry with the medium heat to aim at the starting point of shape. Start pushing as you warm up the sticker where it stretch according to the shape. This would be a very tedious job, so do it slowly and make sure the heat is even on the area.

So, when lamination is done on the top surface, do not cut the extra just yet. At edges is the best finale, point yur dryer to slowly melt and starts stretching downwards until the edge of the side was completely formed. If you are good at the stretching, you can also stretch till the edge of yur hood do the cutting. But if worry, don't attempt, ok.
When every edge was wrapped, use the NT cutter to cut the balance parallel with the hood edge as the guideline.
Jobs done, double check on the surface for air bubbles, if there're. Just use the tip of the shape NT cutter to puncture those bubbles then press on it.
Now, it's time to send it for gloss paint spraying. the more layers of gloss spray will gives more shinning and depth effect to the 3D design. But of coz' it'll cost more. It's the most important part of it for protection, durability, lastness and you can even polish on it.

So, is it too hard to handle or simply my instruct was not clear enough.
It would be better if try it practical on something else with a small portion.

Shoot me again with any more queries or doubts. Thanx.:shades_smile:

Jimslec

Known Member
May 30, 2005
KL
Long time no hear....

Guys, it's been too long since the last posted thread...have been busy on the other side of the thread, The Marketplace>Exterior and Body>3D CF very good deal. Check it out there and u will know what's been happening....all are welcome to make enquiries.....thanx.:shades_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this morning around 5-6 ....2 wajas ...kena break in...housing area....
one waja lost his smart tag,,which baru top up rm 500 bucks.....another waja..only break mirror..coz owner saw and shouted...

got 2 theif..driving white colour wira....with loud exhaust..damn those idiots...and they already marked my family cars (my neighbour saw them taking flash light and pointing in the car., negihbour shouted...then they ran..but couldnt get number plate)....coz both car park outside.....damn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience