Cars to buy with a budget of rm90k or less?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Tell your parents. Proton isn't as bad as the Waja era.
Own a Saga SV for a student will save you a lot of hassle.
I own a Persona. Maintenance is easy peasy. I just graduated btw.
Big and powerful for its class and money. Vios and myvi byebye. :hahaha:

I wish i have the 90k advantage from my parents.
So for 90k, go for Hilux then :biggrin:
Toyota Hilux - Best Selling 4x4 Pickup Truck - Toyota Malaysia

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

wah...just graduated...
was thinking i am the youngest in here as most already holding sifu status.

cytsae3z0

Aug 25, 2014
Kuching
how about a pick up truck?
its not an suv so its worth a look
u can get the macho look and lots of space at the rear for u to expand yr imagination.

i know u mention must be non local so the mitsubishi Lanspira is actually worth a look...hehehehe
the 1.8 model of course.2.0 is beyond yr budget.

me personally,i will go for the biggest engine i can afford.and by afford i mean the maintenance and all.
roadtax is no big deal as its once a year.
dont believe me about bigger is better?
ask bro vr2turbo to swap his vr with a kelisa for his daily ride.....
he will say the kelisa is nice and good fc but thats only for
the 1st day.

if pickup is not yr taste then city is the one u should have.
vios and almera?even if u beg me to test drive it, i will gladly settle with my old ride.
thanks for ur brilliant suggestion/idea. might also consider a pickup truck now,and now wondering why i never thought of this before. haha

is jazz too bad compared to city when no one talks about it?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
city has more spave and it mighy not seem important now.
it matter most when u needs it.

one more advantage of owning a pickup is that u dont have to worry much abot parking at a crowded event.
fc is not worse or bad compared to a sedan.
just remember its not a racing car...still,better than vios..hahahha
some pickup can surprise a sedan when the road turn twisty.
not that i encourage fast driving in it.its just to show how much pick up truck has evolve.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

on local car,like bro stupidcar mention it is not as bad as people are saying or feeding u.
waja is bad but since the waja mc3 model,proton car has improved a lot.
which is why i recommend u the Inspira.

comparing proton and perodua latest offering,i can say proton is up to the mark.
regarding perodua,i dont prefer tham as to me its sort of a rip off as they still sell something they just copy at higher price proton sell their car which is develop in house.

why dont u go test drive the preve or inspira.just go for it even if u wanted to buy the hilux in the end or other non national car.
its about having the first hand experience instead of letting people feed us.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

btw,
if i were u and my parents want to support everything,i will go for a stock standard satria gti or better..the r3 satria gti.
be a bit naughty..heheheh

cytsae3z0

Aug 25, 2014
Kuching

idk bout persona,but now i'm driving my dad's gen2 atm and i dont really like it.
Well, will think about hilux. but would prefer a sedan.

city has more spave and it mighy not seem important now.
it matter most when u needs it.

one more advantage of owning a pickup is that u dont have to worry much abot parking at a crowded event.
fc is not worse or bad compared to a sedan.
just remember its not a racing car...still,better than vios..hahahha
some pickup can surprise a sedan when the road turn twisty.
not that i encourage fast driving in it.its just to show how much pick up truck has evolve.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

on local car,like bro stupidcar mention it is not as bad as people are saying or feeding u.
waja is bad but since the waja mc3 model,proton car has improved a lot.
which is why i recommend u the Inspira.

comparing proton and perodua latest offering,i can say proton is up to the mark.
regarding perodua,i dont prefer tham as to me its sort of a rip off as they still sell something they just copy at higher price proton sell their car which is develop in house.

why dont u go test drive the preve or inspira.just go for it even if u wanted to buy the hilux in the end or other non national car.
its about having the first hand experience instead of letting people feed us.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

btw,
if i were u and my parents want to support everything,i will go for a stock standard satria gti or better..the r3 satria gti.
be a bit naughty..heheheh
how i wish i have all the knowledge that u guys have so it'd be easier for me to talk bout it in order to convince on things that have been said.

so,within the budget and the criteria mentioned..i only can get vios/city/jazz/almera/pickup truck. any other good suggestion?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
how about a pick up truck?
its not an suv so its worth a look
u can get the macho look and lots of space at the rear for u to expand yr imagination.

i know u mention must be non local so the mitsubishi Lanspira is actually worth a look...hehehehe
the 1.8 model of course.2.0 is beyond yr budget.

me personally,i will go for the biggest engine i can afford.and by afford i mean the maintenance and all.
roadtax is no big deal as its once a year.
dont believe me about bigger is better?
ask bro vr2turbo to swap his vr with a kelisa for his daily ride.....
he will say the kelisa is nice and good fc but thats only for
the 1st day.

if pickup is not yr taste then city is the one u should have.
vios and almera?even if u beg me to test drive it, i will gladly settle with my old ride.
My VR even though 2.0 it is turbo some more....hahhahaha
But I quite love to drive the Tiggo SUV but again still a 2.0 even though auto.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

wah...just graduated...
Now, you know you are not that young any more......hahhahhahaha
Like me already promoted to Unker status quite a while dy.....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

idk bout persona,but now i'm driving my dad's gen2 atm and i dont really like it.

how i wish i have all the knowledge that u guys have so it'd be easier for me to talk bout it in order to convince on things that have been said.

so,within the budget and the criteria mentioned..i only can get vios/city/jazz/almera/pickup truck. any other good suggestion?
It has been for years that T/H/N controls this segment of cars other then P and P2.
Good second hand value, easy maintenance, lots of parts and so on. Won't go wrong with either 3, that is the Vios, City and Almera. And since you just graduated (Congrats) good to begin with these cars....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Fresh grad? New car or will second hand be an option? Who will be maintaining your car? Yourself? I'm going to assume :

1. You'll be maintaining the car yourself (new tyres, spare parts, oil changes, etc)
2. No second hand cars.
3. Parents will be paying for installment
4. You're not a new driver and passed the "P" stage.
5. No Vios (why?)

The new Honda City is the car for you. Almera is too fugly and safety wise it's hopeless. No other car has as many safety features as the City in the same segment range. Maintenance will be a little high since it uses CVT - meaning the ATF will be expensive. But otherwise EO is standard and Honda is quite reasonable with their normal maintenance costs. But make sure you choose the V spec if possible. Space in the City is almost unbeatable.

The new Jazz is ok too but personally I find it to be a very girly car even with the god fugly mugen bodykit. That's about all I care about the Jazz. I'm not a fan.

If you're looking for a cheap and simple car that's good with FC and relatively cheap maintenance would the Mitsubishi Attrage. Having said that the Attrage does the same FC (thereabouts) as the City and the City has more power, space and is nicer to drive. But I like the Attrage because of the super lightweight body. You can literally feel the weight in the Attrage, super nimble. If they start to have after market support for this car I would lower the car and buy the manual version, then turbo charge it. Nice.

The Proton Preve and Suprima is pretty good too. But if you get stuck in traffic a lot, this car FC is super bad. But highway runs and all is damn good. Safety is good, power is pretty decent and with small mods that EA Autoworks have done, you can squeeze more power from the stock car very cleanly and easily. But FC can be very bad if you see bumper to bumper traffic a lot.

Oh Honda City has this eco mode that cuts the engine off and all too. Save petrol a lot. You can tell I'm a City fanboy. My only issue with the City is that it's got horrible wheels and some have claim the touch screen dash can be quite nitty picky.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
i said almera is okay due to the price is cheaper i guess(is it?) even the design isnt that appealing. And hate to admit that everything u said about vios is undeniable.

Um,any other cars? or other manufacturers sides from japan?
Okay, is hard to actually give u too many options, since u r seriously buying, maybe test drive all cars within that range and then come back to us with only 2 or 3 options on which one to choose.

If not, you will end up in a dilemma and dunno which car to buy and this thread will drag for as long as your dilemma goes...

Kia Rio, if you want something different. RM73K+- But I still think either the City or the Pick Up truck will be a good choice. But then again if you are gonna maintain the car urself then better not a Pick Up Truck.

If u r maintaining urself, a local car would be a better choice cuz is cheaper to maintain.

Suzuki Swift, well too bad is only 1.4L now and is not as nice as before. Except for the swift sports which is beyond your budget.

You can try Proton Inspira. Tell your parents, just the batch is local made, others is not 'exactly' local made especially engine is Mitsubishi Lancer ones :biggrin: 1.8L

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Okay, is hard to actually give u too many options, since u r seriously buying, maybe test drive all cars within that range and then come back to us with only 2 or 3 options on which one to choose.

If not, you will end up in a dilemma and dunno which car to buy and this thread will drag for as long as your dilemma goes...

Kia Rio, if you want something different. RM73K+- But I still think either the City or the Pick Up truck will be a good choice. But then again if you are gonna maintain the car urself then better not a Pick Up Truck.

If u r maintaining urself, a local car would be a better choice cuz is cheaper to maintain.

Suzuki Swift, well too bad is only 1.4L now and is not as nice as before. Except for the swift sports which is beyond your budget.

You can try Proton Inspira. Tell your parents, just the batch is local made, others is not 'exactly' local made especially engine is Mitsubishi Lancer ones :biggrin: 1.8L
Yup, the more models added, the more confused.
Streamline the models you want, then use your priorities you stated to further cut them down, then test drive those and choose the one you like to drive...:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
VW Polo sedan, 1.6 , German Tech.
With an Aisin Seiki (Toyota Group) gearbox? Wahahahaha. German tech my 67 also German tech. Putting a German badge on a Japanese gearbox doesn't make it German tech.

Likewise, putting Proton badge on a Mitsubishi lancer doesn't make it a local car. I've said before, Proton Inspira is the best bang for bucks car brand new. People shun it cause of the Proton badge. Oh well.

90k budget only, want new car.. other than Japan.. Korea la.. Kia Rio, Kia Cerato..how about AMERICAN? Chevrolet Sonic..

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Since your parent don't limit you what car you can test drive before you buy.. Go and test all brand within your budget including local. Not you must or will buy a local, but you will learn what should you get with that amount of money.

Go for the best value for money you can get...find a sweet spot of comfort, performance and safety that suits yourself in real life :idea:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Gen 2 and Persona might look the same but the Persona Elegance have changed a lot, exterior, interior, hardware wise too. I have to say the best bang for buck Sedan in Malaysia for its size.
Now Persona SV only 46k. Fully loaded. Mine 56k, only M(id)-Line.

Ok. Now so far dy, u need to decide which one. If not everyone just bantai models.
Now u make up ur mind, go and research on ur own and come back ask us for further infos.

wah...just graduated...
Already hooked up on ZTH mid way studying. Got younger ones here driving monsters somemore.
Ryuuken especially. But mia for awhile now.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi members, I'm looking for nissan cefiro a32 Brougham bumper . if anyone have or help to pm me the contact number. Thx a lot.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience