Car tuning

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
How often do u guys tune ur car if it is a carburettor?

I just tuned my car, if aircon if off, rpm bout is 0.5 to 1. but i realise when i'm parking the car and the aircon is off, it is hard to turn the steering as it is a power steering.

is this normal?

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
IMO: Irregardless of tuning, when engine on but car stagnant, power steering shld still working, unless power steering system got problem.

In comparison, when car is moving, the faster the speed the less drag on tyres & easier to steer, irregardless power steering or not.

When car is stagnant, eventhough got power steering, theres more drag on tyres esp big big tyres & its "slightly" harder to steer. But the difference between stagnant & moving shld be minamal for a efficient power steering system. Good ones like Ford, Merz / BMW are hardly noticed by ordinary driver for the difference.

If its still easier to steer compare to non-power steering car (compare same model & during car stagnant only), & no funny sound around when steer, then ur power steering shld be ok, still functioning.

For extra cautious: check for sound during steer, check power steering fluid level & its color (d reservoir), check drive shaft & its plastic cover (very easy to spoil), check smoothness for a full right/left turn, check is there excessive free play or not, if every thing ok then ok lar.

If power steering pump spoilt, it will be even harder to turn, even when car is moving.

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
it's okay while driving n all. its only when parking the car coz we need to play more with the clutch.

in another way to see it, imagine the car engine is off. the steering is harder to turn. when i'm parking the car with the aircon off, the rpm should be around 0.5. so its harder to turn since the engine is like going to die.

but if i play with the clutch n accelerator while parking, and rpm exceeds more than 1 it's like a normal power steering.

lets say the car is stagnant with aircon on, i don't think there is a difference in turning the steering even though i rev to 2k.

anyone faces same problem? or is it such coz of the tuning? the engine is so soft, but at times it feels like going to die but not actually?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I'm driving the Saga BLM (A) 2010. Currently suffering powerless braking problem. Let me elaborate more on this matter.

When new car the brake feels ok but not really too good. After bout 9months feeling that the ORI pad cannot stand for high heat so decided change to Bendix Titanium. After change to Bendix Titanium, cool brake feel nothing while pedal have been fully pressed. For the Bendix Titanium i believe it can withstand for higher temp but too bad its fail me too...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience