car spray-painted. how to remove?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
How did the police raid went?:biggrin: Let us know if the bugger got caught. It's best to park your car inside. I think using a cover but parking outside not much use also... The bugger can open the cover. And cover are known to give scratches to paint...

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
maybe u can contact sifu kc @ detailing dewa. he will give u necessary advice.
just my 2 cents.
anyhow.. good luck in restoring the car. pity u bro.

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
try getting a cctv camera in front ur house, it saves a lot of headache, perhaps it could even spot the stupid culprit who did this

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dude,

If your renting then MOVE even after you polish they will be back to do it again. Fix the root of your problem before repaint.

In another hand its a good opportunity to go fade mat color.
Hahaha... That's one optimistic way to look at things!

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
u dont do anything to that stupid muthafukka?
dammit i hate this thing happen to others. I also encountered this when I parked near to someone's house (by the road, was not blocking anyone). The owner asked his 10-year old son to scratch my car. Fukk! I tried 2b calm bcs if i start the war, it will make it look uglier.

In your case, this is wayy too bad... do something bro!

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
you are more lucky ler, only paint which easy to remove, just time and $$.
Mine same bearly 2 weeks kena scratch by key, and the guy want to make sure it does!!
How i know? they 1st hit is by knocking the key end then only start the scratch.
Now the start line dot already rust, only 3 months old.. aih.. i'll sent to do bodykit and respray, no choice already.. sigh..

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
s1tl,

thanks for the advice bro. i got it done on that evening already. dont want any delay as damage is harder to remove by the minutes.

muyo,

unfortunately, he is a so-called educated high-ranking banking official who stoop to such low heights to do such acts on young ppl like me. obviously being highly educated does not mean anything to him. ooh, bro muyo, r u a detailer too?

all,

thanks for all your valuable advices. i have collected my car last night n i must say the detailer did a very good job in recovering my car. what they did was compound + polishing the whole car to remove the top layer of paint and as a finale, they add on beading coat (was it called that?) to protect the remaining white paint. total damage is rm6xx which is believe is very worth the time and effort (they spent 10+hours on the car). now 98% of the car is free from the green paint, whilst d remaining 2% are hidden in nooks and crannies which are not so easily noticeable by eyes.

again, im really glad that all u brothers come over and render me your valuable advices. its great to have u guys around. :proud:

p/s: hope the bastard pee his pants later when the police comes around later in the evening. :proud: cheers!
you're right. hope the police will catch him really soon. 6xx? that is alot, but 10hours plus job worth it laa. brand new car kena abused nevermind somemore have to spend another 600. that person who did this really deserve me use rotary with wool on his face, maybe with some aggressive compound :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: haha yeah i am, but weekend only.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Haha... Muyo is like a paint reviver... See his thread on detailing a camry :biggrin:. Oh by the way,

Dear sifus here, our friend here did the job for RM6xx! Is that the normal rate for detailing? How much is a full detail? I mean... I don't know because here at my place, normal soft waxing is charged at RM80 per car for normal sedan and cutting wax is charged at at RM160 for sedan. So I thought detailing is around that line but a little higher. Say RM300? Haha... Sorry for my noobness...
camry is S1tl detail one laa not me :bawling:

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Dear Sifus,

My car has been vandalised with spray paint dis morning. and its barely 1 month old!! :bawling:

I wonder if any sifus out here can advise on the correct method to remove the paint without respraying the whole car? it has never been waxed nor polished before, just the fresh coat of paint right out from the factory.

here's how it looks like:

please help!! thanks in advance...
hi Poolupwai
I had a similar incident like you...kena spray becoz i turn another side to park at Imbi market & I confronted a few Junkies who happen to be opposite the road & dare them to stood up for this action just over few ringgit illegal toting

drove back with disappointed but my body shop friend - taught me a life long valuable trick -

got some turpentine & just rub on to remove & rinse over with water

fews month down the road my neighbour van was sprayed like yr & i taught him to do like wise & got everything remove - hardly there is any stains

Reason - the paint has not fully cured aka DRY - so it can still be remove, never wax yr newly painted car as it takes about 3 months to get cured -

AVOID - thinner - cos it will thinnen yr clear coat

TIPS - must rinse off each section quickly

ACTION - must try

Last edited:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
These people who 'do' other peoples cars are cowards. My friend who parked his car outside his own house also got red paint thrown at 2 of his cars. He said he did not offend anyone or borrowed money.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
camry is S1tl detail one laa not me :bawling:
Alamakk!!!! Sorry st1l... Read too many in a day forgot who and who.... Wrong credit for the camry pulak...

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

you're right. hope the police will catch him really soon. 6xx? that is alot, but 10hours plus job worth it laa. brand new car kena abused nevermind somemore have to spend another 600. that person who did this really deserve me use rotary with wool on his face, maybe with some aggressive compound :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: haha yeah i am, but weekend only.:
Need sealant and was after that? :biggrin:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
arg, i shud have came and save ur ride instead or u spending so much to save it =(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'll be bringing my mk3 Toyota Supra with a 1JZ twin-turbo engine with me to Malaysia soon.

And I was wondering where would be a good place to take my car if it needed a service. Are there any places who specialize in Toyota engines, specifically the 1JZ? I'll be living in Penang, so I don't really want to travel to KL every time I want to get my engine looked at.

Well hope you guys can help.

Cheers,
OzXchange
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience