Car decelerates while pushing the acceleration pedal

toozero

Aug 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, I owned Satria Neo 2006.

My car suddenly decelerates while pushing the acceleration pedal. The harder I push, my car will slowly down and almost stall. Like I pushing the brake instead of acceleration pedal. No lights come out.

-1st Case: I drove like 4 km then out of sudden it happen. My foot pushing the acceleration pedal but my car start to braking itself, tally to the forced I put on the acceleration pedal. I drop down the gear n accelerates again. No lights turn on. Safely home, tomorrow I drive, Its okay, nothing happen.

-2nd Case (after 1 month): My car did it again during accelerates at 4th gear. I drop to 3rd gear n hoping it turns well. But when I stop the car and start again, at 1st gear it even worst. Engine suddenly shut-off, check engine & oil lights brighten. but when I start the engine, the lights come off. but my car can move ~1km then engine shut-off. Safely home.

Called my mechanic, after 1 hour drive with him, nothing happen.then He suspected the acceleration pedal sensor. After he changed the acceleration pedal, I feel like I drive a different car. It feel light and more pick up.:driver:

Almost 1 month.So far the problem not happen yet. But If anyone knows/experienced the same situation as me, Do changing the acceleration pedal sensor solve the problem?because my mechanic also 50:50.

Thank you guys.:adore:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
not really solving ur issue at all but i have suggestion for you to troubleshoot. If you have a cheapo obd II reader, you would probably be able to get the readings from that sensor. I know you can get the readings for that sensor by hooking the reader onto a saga sv cause i have tried that before. Problem with this suggestion is i also know that the cheapo obdII readers dont work for some early batches of proton personas (not sure bout the satria)

toozero

Aug 28, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
diagnosed my car today. Found 1 error only, my speed sensor already kaput. Do you guys know how much speed sensor for satria neo 1.3 manual? Since I did changed gas pedal before, I believe this one will solve the problem.:creep:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello to all
i need help here....
any 1 know where i can get double din dvd player ribbon replacement,
or any 1 know where to buy the ribbon...
pls pm me ya....
or who know to repair it just pm mee
tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience