CAN SPEED TRAP SENSOR BE TRUSTED?

POSTIA

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
PENANG
Visit site
Hey guys, anyone is using speed trap sensor? i used to travel long distance at least twice a week, can't really enjoy driving when i had to 'drag' my car in 90kmph on such a wide n straight highway over nothing....i hate myself wen i had indirectly became 1 of d moron road hog....

i start to consider this illegal yet usefull device...however i always doubt on its accuracy n practicality....any real story abt the speed trap sensor, in terms of the functionality of the device, trouble wen encountered JPJ n traffic police, reciommendation of brand,etc.

thanks.

whiteprince

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
i am currently using the speed trap sensor i bought from japan.

got warning sound when pass thru some camera on LDP and so on.

im still testing.

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
Guys,

Be careful... although your speed trap detectors maybe good, our local buddies in blue also have hi tech detectors...that can detect you using a trap detector. Also the current ones they use are Laser guns...there is no way to detect a laser beam being shot at you!! (Pls correct me if i'm wrong here)

Sometimes they do bring out their old units during certain ops...these are the ones where they have a little road block to saman u *ahem ahem*...now ur regular detector should be able to pick these ones up which are the X,K and KA band speed detector guns. But dont forget...if they havent aimed it at any car ahead of u then u wont know until they aim at urs and by then its too late!!

Also take note of the new Waja patrol cars... you will notice they have a unique siren on top... the centre section of the siren/flashers is black...in that centre section sits a device that detects the speed of your car based on the speed that the patrol car is travelling...so watch ur speed when u see one of those!

Cheers to all.

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
Originally posted by a31gtst@Mar 23 2005, 16:29
Guys,

Be careful... although your speed trap detectors maybe good, our local buddies in blue also have hi tech detectors...that can detect you using a trap detector. Also the current ones they use are Laser guns...there is no way to detect a laser beam being shot at you!! (Pls correct me if i'm wrong here)

Sometimes they do bring out their old units during certain ops...these are the ones where they have a little road block to saman u *ahem ahem*...now ur regular detector should be able to pick these ones up which are the X,K and KA band speed detector guns. But dont forget...if they havent aimed it at any car ahead of u then u wont know until they aim at urs and by then its too late!!

Also take note of the new Waja patrol cars... you will notice they have a unique siren on top... the centre section of the siren/flashers is black...in that centre section sits a device that detects the speed of your car based on the speed that the patrol car is travelling...so watch ur speed when u see one of those!

Cheers to all.
[snapback]834267[/snapback]​
Wah bro... thanks for the warning.. i alwiz thought that i can safetly overtake the Waja patrol car. Hmmm now i know that they have speed detector....

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Yup, my dad was caught once using a speed trap detector by cops using some hi-tech devices to detect his speed trap detector even though my dad hid his detector.

As for laser speed traps used by the cops, it still can be detected by the speed trap detectors. You have to buy the proper kind. The speed trap guns that the cops used last time were radar based but they changed now to laser based. You can get those radar and laser speed detectors. But you have to remember that laser speed detectors are not really that useful, as laser works on a line of sight, so when ur laser detector detects the laser speed gun, it most probably would be too late, coz the cops are already then shooting the gun at you :lol:

zique

Kopi O Lesen Driver
Jun 30, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
mikeyip.com
How to over take them when they are also speeding like mad...
Saw 2 WAJAs when I was heading to Sunway from Puchong yesterday,
no siren was on, I was travelling at 80km/h and keeping to the speed limit and I see these two WAJA Petrol Cars flashing me, so I move one side, and I see that they were racing each other, chelok sini, chelok sana, and I don't think they were chasing anyone, cause no siren was on and can see the two fellows in both cars laughing away... tried to tail them after they over take me, but they were going bloody fast, even up the fly-over towards Sunway that is quite steep.

Sheikh

Mar 24, 2005
Ah yes is true, laser detectors only warn you once you've been hit, and by then is too late.
However don despair as those very nice Detector manufacturers now make laser jammers...very nice too

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
ok since u say they shoot laser at us...how can i make my license plate number not visible...so they cannot see my number plate???anyway...???please suggest...

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
there is a sort of spray, when sprayed will reflect the camera shot, seen it advertised in some taiwanese mags, but ur plate would still b seen by human eyes......

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
Originally posted by Doink@Mar 24 2005, 20:41
ok since u say they shoot laser at us...how can i make my license plate number not visible...so they cannot see my number plate???anyway...???please suggest...
[snapback]838220[/snapback]​

There is a way, and trust me...spraying stuff on ur plate does not work!
Now I havent done this yet and it will need some r&d so if anyone of you try it out do let me know the results...

Basically what you have to do is to get yourself some infra red leds, the ones tht are on any remote control.
You can get loads of them frm Jalan Pasar for dirt cheap....
When u press your tv/radio remote control you notice tht theres no light coming frm the led right?
Now try using ur digicam or any infrared camera and point the remote at it while pressing the buttons down...
Voila!...u see the led shining as bright as a star!

So all you have to do is get a few, maybe 5 to 10 of them, drill tiny holes strategically in your plate and fix them in.
Then you will need to make sure u get the correct voltage to them so some sort of power down transistors, etc...
also from jalan pasar....and a switch u can wire to near you dashboard to switch on and off.

Hook everything up and use ur digicam...infrared camera and have a look now....
there will be so much infra red light emitted from ur number plate tht there is no way to see the no plate. Of course to normal eyes u cant see any difference but when the coppers shoot their laser and point...their infrared camera will pick up all tht bright light on ur plate!

Heck the coppers would probably think you had a ghost on your plate!
So to whoever is rajin enuff to do this..pls let me know the results!

Cheers

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
wei....
shudn'y have show ur post man..
later they will invent something that can anti infra red :lol:

reubenc

Known Member
Apr 22, 2004
led frm remote!very very good IDEA!
ithink it will work .
but since there might be cops in ZTH too....we btr keep these ideas a big secret

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW has walked away from the International Engine of the Year Awards 2012 with four out of eight awards, making them the most successful auto-maker in the world-renowned engine contest.

<!--more-->Their victories included taking home awards for their 1.6L turbo mill for the MINI Cooper S; their 4-cylinder engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology that’s found in the 328i, 528i and Z4 sDrive...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience