Can GTI 4G93 with MIVEC head mod up to 200HP on wheel?

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Hi receiver,

How much did you pay to install in the B16B intake?

Just sharing my setup;

4g93 block with 82mm 1.6 SOHC piston
Engine Balancing done (but no knife edging on the crank)
stock cams & very minor pnp on the mivec head
1.8 stock gbox
lightened crank pulley, adj. cam pulley, fpr
emanage piggyback
honda b16b intake + cusco replica headers

on dynojet 162hp with 175nm.
when comparing against other 1.8 mivec (with stock cams and similar setup) dynocharts, that about the max (max was 162.8hp). Aftermarket cams should add between 10-15hp (peak).

okay la for old guy like me. Usable torque from 2k - 7.5k rpm.. I personally have witnessed a 4g93 mivec on a black wira aeroback (with drapes at the windows!) rolling on 17"s pulling a 204hp on GT Auto dyno a few years back.. dunno la what setan is inside..

receiver

May 10, 2004
This was done way back in 2009, so prices might be different now. The b16b flange was ported to match the mivec head. For pipes no. 1 and 4 there is not much work, but pipes no.2 and 3 requires extensive welding and machining to port match. Total cost then was rm600. Done at that famous machine shop at USJ 1, Ngai Seng.

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
This was done way back in 2009, so prices might be different now. The b16b flange was ported to match the mivec head. For pipes no. 1 and 4 there is not much work, but pipes no.2 and 3 requires extensive welding and machining to port match. Total cost then was rm600. Done at that famous machine shop at USJ 1, Ngai Seng.

Hey thanks for the reply! Will work a budget for it. =)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
now skunk replica got the one ready for 4g9X series...no need machining b16 skunk intake anymorre

stm1

Nov 17, 2005
Hi All,

Newbie here. i just completed a transplant 4g93 Mivec. Just wondering how much oil pressure do you guys get during Mivec engagement.

Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

fark.. they broke into my car again! arghh!
this is the second time they suceeded.. same time, same wheather.. same place in front my house... 6am with slight drizzles.
amazing how they managed to smash my window without any sound!..
and again my player is gone (eventho i took out the detachable front panel)

i managed to catch a glimpse of them and wanted to give chase... but as i got out they threw the garbage bin and tiles at me and they fled! damn assh*les..
4 of them on 2 bikes...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience